Windows 10: How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?

Discus and support How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I have a question. I have a Windows 10 Pro retail/FPP license that I bought recently for my new computer that I'm hopefully buying next year. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mtosev, Mar 13, 2024.

1. mtosev Win User

How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?

So I have a question. I have a Windows 10 Pro retail/FPP license that I bought recently for my new computer that I'm hopefully buying next year. I'm planning to install Windows 11 on my new computer. Now I'm wondering if I should activate this license on my current pc that's already running Windows 11 because I'm afraid that Microsoft might pull the plug and block people from activating Windows 10 keys on Windows 11 as I want to be able to install Windows 11 on the new computer.What should I do?

:)

mtosev, Mar 13, 2024
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 13, 2024
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Mar 13, 2024
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From Why can't I activate Windows? - Microsoft Support

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available? [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Mar 13, 2024
Thema:

1. How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available? - Similar Threads - long upgrade free

2. How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long will the upgrade from windows 10 to 11 be free and available?: So I have a question. I have a Windows 10 Pro retail/FPP license that I bought recently for my new computer that I'm hopefully buying next year. I'm planning to install Windows 11 on my new computer. Now I'm wondering if I should activate this license on my current pc that's...
  3. Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?: I’m wanting to purchase a refurbished Lenovo T480 with windows 10 & was wanting to know if windows 11 is still free. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-upgrade-still-available-for-free/3f220c09-d559-4d88-95f2-db3fddb25afe
  4. Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?

Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?: I’m wanting to purchase a refurbished Lenovo T480 with windows 10 & was wanting to know if windows 11 is still free. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-upgrade-still-available-for-free/3f220c09-d559-4d88-95f2-db3fddb25afe
  5. How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?: I'm just curious what the free upgrade timeline will be? When I upgrade to Windows 10, there was only a certain amount of time you could do so?...
  6. How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?

How long will Windows 11 be offered as a free upgrade?: I'm just curious what the free upgrade timeline will be? When I upgrade to Windows 10, there was only a certain amount of time you could do so?...
  7. How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?: Split from this thread.Hello, I am buying a new pc right now when windows 11 came out, I will need to buy a license too, but I'm not sure yet if I want the Windows 11 or 10.Is that okay if I buy windows 10 and update whenever I decide on it or not? How long the update to 11...
  8. How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?

How long the update to 11 will it be available for free?: Split from this thread.Hello, I am buying a new pc right now when windows 11 came out, I will need to buy a license too, but I'm not sure yet if I want the Windows 11 or 10.Is that okay if I buy windows 10 and update whenever I decide on it or not? How long the update to 11...
  9. Windows: Is there a free upgrade available?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows: Is there a free upgrade available?: Is there a free upgrade available? * Original title: Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-there-a-free-upgrade-available/b8ac7e45-e71c-47c8-9f4f-df6ed514aad3
  10. How long is the free update/reserve available?

in Windows 10 Support
    How long is the free update/reserve available?: For how long is the free update from 8.1 to 10 going to be available? Because I want to install it on my office PCs and laptops but need to make sure they work properly first. For how long is the free update available? 9094