Windows 10: how long dose microsoft support windows 11?

Discus and support how long dose microsoft support windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; ------------------- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-dose-microsoft-support-windows-11/ad3f4e63-d801-40a3-b903-7eaacd0e15fb Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by edp49, Nov 13, 2022.

1. edp49 Win User

how long dose microsoft support windows 11?

-------------------

:)

edp49, Nov 13, 2022

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

how long dose microsoft support windows 11? [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Nov 13, 2022
  3. enable long file name support in windows 11

Hi Sreekv. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.g

Here's how to enable long file names in Windows 11:

https://thegeekpage.com/make-windows-11-accept-...

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - MVP 2010-20 - Volunteer Moderator, Nov 13, 2022
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 13, 2022
Thema:

1. how long dose microsoft support windows 11? - Similar Threads - long dose microsoft

2. How long Windows 11 version 24H1 will be supported?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long Windows 11 version 24H1 will be supported?: Windows 11 version 24H1 spotted Windows 11 version 24H2.Windows 11 version 24H1 or 24H2?Windows 11 version 24H1 support ends until June 9, 2026. However, Windows 11 version 24H1 first Dev Channels were scheduled to be launched on March 27, 2024, only 2 weeks leftHowever,...
  3. How long Windows 11 version 24H1 will be supported?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long Windows 11 version 24H1 will be supported?: Windows 11 version 24H1 spotted Windows 11 version 24H2.Windows 11 version 24H1 or 24H2?Windows 11 version 24H1 support ends until June 9, 2026. However, Windows 11 version 24H1 first Dev Channels were scheduled to be launched on March 27, 2024, only 2 weeks leftHowever,...
  4. Why dose it say that xbox app no long supports the xboc pc app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why dose it say that xbox app no long supports the xboc pc app: So I finally was able to get my pc to try and download the xbox pc app ever though I have it, it keeps asking for me to download it. Then It says xbox no longer support this app for pc. Yes it's a windows 10 and has all the required support for it. But it's says thar Xbox no...
  5. Why dose it say that xbox app no long supports the xboc pc app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why dose it say that xbox app no long supports the xboc pc app: So I finally was able to get my pc to try and download the xbox pc app ever though I have it, it keeps asking for me to download it. Then It says xbox no longer support this app for pc. Yes it's a windows 10 and has all the required support for it. But it's says thar Xbox no...
  6. Why dose it say that xbox app no long supports the xboc pc app

7. how long dose microsoft support windows 11?

how long dose microsoft support windows 11?: ------------------- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-dose-microsoft-support-windows-11/ad3f4e63-d801-40a3-b903-7eaacd0e15fb
  8. how long will microsoft continue to support windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how long will microsoft continue to support windows 10?: how long will microsoft continue to support windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-will-microsoft-continue-to-support/55dc5570-1f6a-410d-8cb3-9762f5894846
  9. how long will microsoft continue to support windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how long will microsoft continue to support windows 10?: how long will microsoft continue to support windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-long-will-microsoft-continue-to-support/55dc5570-1f6a-410d-8cb3-9762f5894846
  10. how long will microsoft continue to support windows 10?