Windows 10: How I can get the Photos screensaver to display the path to where the photo currently...

Discus and support How I can get the Photos screensaver to display the path to where the photo currently... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have many thousands of photos in hundreds of folders. All are in one folder that I point my screensaver at. I have selected the random option. When a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Clinto Reymeldas, Jun 27, 2024.

1. How I can get the Photos screensaver to display the path to where the photo currently...

I have many thousands of photos in hundreds of folders. All are in one folder that I point my screensaver at. I have selected the random option. When a photo appears on the screensaver that I want to either orient differently or remove I can't find it as no identifiers appear. Many years ago the path was displayed along the top of the screen. Now it is not. Is there a way to show the path? SECOND QUESTIONAn old version of the photos screensaver would also play any videos that were in the designated folder as part of the screensaver. How can I get what I used to have?MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE* Cha

:)

Clinto Reymeldas, Jun 27, 2024
  2. NOTTNICK Win User

Screensaver Photos - I would like file name (path) displayed

I have recently upgraded to W10
    My previous screensaver displayed my photos and also gave the name / filepath.
    This is really useful as I have a big archive, all photos are named and dated. Quite often I am keen to know the details of the photo displayed.
    Is there a fix? Or is there 3rd party program that will do it as W10 doesn't seem to offer that facility.
    Thanks
    Nick

NOTTNICK, Jun 27, 2024
  3. Cyontagi Win User
    No zoom/pan with Photos Screensaver

Hello! How I can get the Photos screensaver to display the path to where the photo currently... :)

I recently switched from OSX to Windows and I wanted to create a sceeensaver with my photos.

However when I chose "Photos" as the screen saver and select the folder containing my photos it simply displays the complete image, it doesn't zoom in, doesn't pan and there's no option for it either.

I searched around and found numerous mentions of a checkbox "pan/zoom" (or something alike) but for the life of me I can't find it!

Am I doing something wrong or am I missing a step?

I'm looking for a way to have my photos displayed similar to the Ken Burns effect on Mac OSX screen savers and others have reported that Windows can deliver that out of the box...

If it's not possible to do that with the built-in screensaver can anyone suggest an alternative? How I can get the Photos screensaver to display the path to where the photo currently... :)

Another issue: I'm using a calibrated screen but the screensaver seems to ignore the profile.

Thank you in advance!

Cyontagi, Jun 27, 2024
  4. grecinos Win User

How I can get the Photos screensaver to display the path to where the photo currently...

Looking for a screen saver with beautiful photos or designs

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a screensaver that will work with my ultra wide monitor (3440x1440). More specifically, a screensaver that comes with beautiful landscape photos and/or artistic designs. I'd like something that can perform like a slideshow.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Jun 27, 2024
Thema:

How I can get the Photos screensaver to display the path to where the photo currently...

1. How I can get the Photos screensaver to display the path to where the photo currently... - Similar Threads - Photos screensaver display

2. How I can get the Photos screensaver to display the path to where the photo currently...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can get the Photos screensaver to display the path to where the photo currently...: I have many thousands of photos in hundreds of folders. All are in one folder that I point my screensaver at. I have selected the random option. When a photo appears on the screensaver that I want to either orient differently or remove I can't find it as no identifiers...
  3. Where can I find the path to the Photo Viewer on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find the path to the Photo Viewer on Windows 11?: Can anyone tell me where the path is to the Windows 11 Photo Viewer? Please do not tell me how to access the Photo Viewer. I already know that. I need the path because I need to specify it in FileZilla in order to open certain files with it. Thank you!...
  4. Where can I find the path to the Photo Viewer on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I find the path to the Photo Viewer on Windows 11?: Can anyone tell me where the path is to the Windows 11 Photo Viewer? Please do not tell me how to access the Photo Viewer. I already know that. I need the path because I need to specify it in FileZilla in order to open certain files with it. Thank you!...
  5. Screensaver on Windows desktop, where are the photos taken ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver on Windows desktop, where are the photos taken ?: I would like to know in a simple fashion, how i find out the location of the photos taken for my desktop screensaver. The equivalent one at my work tells you onscreen !...
  6. No photos screensaver

No photos screensaver: This seems to have happened since the last Windows update. I had a photo set as 'wallpaper' or background but also had a screensaver which showed photos from my photo gallery - each one for a few seconds. But I cant seem to set this up now. Any help appreciated. Thanks...
  7. Photos as Screensaver

Photos as Screensaver: I have a strange problem. I have a large inventory of photos that I have set up as a screensaver. The photos are in a designated folder within the Photos folder. It is set to rotate randomly. The inventory consist of about 400 pictures. For some reason, the random...
  8. Screensaver Photos - I would like file name (path) displayed

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver Photos - I would like file name (path) displayed: I have recently upgraded to W10 My previous screensaver displayed my photos and also gave the name / filepath. This is really useful as I have a big archive, all photos are named and dated. Quite often I am keen to know the details of the photo displayed. Is there a fix? Or...
  9. Photo path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo path: I am trying to add some photos to ProShow Gold software but I cannot find the path that my photos are stored in. The ones I need are not in pictures. I am not sure why my pictures are being stored in two different locations....
  10. How To Add Photos to Screensaver

How To Add Photos to Screensaver: I would like to be able to use some of my photos as a screensaver. I am unable to figure out how to do that. A reply to a post raising a question similar to mine reads: "When I right-click the Desktop and choose Personalize I get a panel with Lock Screen on the left...