Windows 10: How does Windows' 'Game Controllers' properties connect to a joystick?

Discus and support How does Windows' 'Game Controllers' properties connect to a joystick? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The situation:We need to use a new game controller with a joystick only hardware on Windows 10 IoT. In the properties of "Game Controllers", moving the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robin Holenweger, May 28, 2024.

1. How does Windows' 'Game Controllers' properties connect to a joystick?

The situation:We need to use a new game controller with a joystick only hardware on Windows 10 IoT. In the properties of "Game Controllers", moving the joystick is visible in the displayed rectangle with the '+'. Our software using DirectX8 API only reads 0 values for x/y axes.What I've tried so farHow does Windows' 'Game Controllers' properties connect to a joystick? :DirectX8 obviously doesn't work, also, it's deprecatedUsing Gaming.Input: not an option, we have no UWPXInput: not an option, we have no XBox compatible deviceUsing joyGetPosEx from MultiMediaSystem: doesn't workThe question:Obviously Windows somehow can "see" the controller and also recognizes

:)

Robin Holenweger, May 28, 2024
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Microsoft store apps and Generic joystick.

We appreciate your response. Joysticks or game controllers are usually plug and play devices. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If the joystick is connected via the USB port on your device.
    • If you've tried using the specified device on another computer.
    • If the game controller requires installation based on its manual.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to an update on your concern.

Jelu Cal, May 28, 2024
  3. joystick

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. What is the make and model of the joystick?

You can try few troubleshooting steps and check if that helps. Run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Tap on Windows + I on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Update and Security.
    3. Select Troubleshoot option.
    4. Now click on Hardware and Devices and
      Run the troubleshooter.

You can also refer the following article to
    troubleshoot game controllers in Microsoft games

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 28, 2024
  4. How does Windows' 'Game Controllers' properties connect to a joystick?

Rudder pedal game controller will not work simultaneously with joystick in Red Baron 3D

Good Day. I'm looking for help on getting my CH Pro Rudder Pedals to work with my Logitech 3 joystick in the flight sim Red Baron 3D. Windows 10 recognizes both game controllers when plugged in, but forces me to pick one as the primary controller. In
    the sim, the joystick works fine, but no rudders, regardless if I choose to make the rudders primary. Any suggestions? Thanks.

DerekDubasik, May 28, 2024
Thema:

How does Windows' 'Game Controllers' properties connect to a joystick?

1. How does Windows' 'Game Controllers' properties connect to a joystick? - Similar Threads - does Windows' 'Game

2. Joystick appears in Devices and Printers but not in Windows Game Controllers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Joystick appears in Devices and Printers but not in Windows Game Controllers.: Under Devices and Printers, Windows detects my controllers, however, they aren't listed in the game controllers list. As a result, games like DCS and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 do not acknowledge them as controllers, rendering my controller useless. This issue has...
  3. Joystick appears in Devices and Printers but not in Windows Game Controllers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Joystick appears in Devices and Printers but not in Windows Game Controllers.: Under Devices and Printers, Windows detects my controllers, however, they aren't listed in the game controllers list. As a result, games like DCS and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 do not acknowledge them as controllers, rendering my controller useless. This issue has...
  4. How does Windows' 'Game Controllers' properties connect to a joystick?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How does Windows' 'Game Controllers' properties connect to a joystick?: The situation:We need to use a new game controller with a joystick only hardware on Windows 10 IoT. In the properties of "Game Controllers", moving the joystick is visible in the displayed rectangle with the '+'. Our software using DirectX8 API only reads 0 values for x/y...
  5. How does Windows' 'Game Controllers' properties connect to a joystick?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does Windows' 'Game Controllers' properties connect to a joystick?: The situation:We need to use a new game controller with a joystick only hardware on Windows 10 IoT. In the properties of "Game Controllers", moving the joystick is visible in the displayed rectangle with the '+'. Our software using DirectX8 API only reads 0 values for x/y...
  6. joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor: how do i disable the joystick on my controller from controlling the mouse? yesterday it was fine and all of a sudden this is happening please help...
  7. joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor: how do i disable the joystick on my controller from controlling the mouse? yesterday it was fine and all of a sudden this is happening please help...
  8. joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor

9. Joystick Control panel properties missing "Settings" tab for Joystick Calibration.

Joystick Control panel properties missing "Settings" tab for Joystick Calibration.: Good day, I need to calibrate my joystick and the tab that previously allowed me to do so was either hidden or the calibration was moved elsewhere. Can I get an updated calibration procedure? [ATTACH]...
  10. JOYSTICK GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JOYSTICK GAMING: The system detects the joystick and is also usable for playing the games which are installed from the CD. The problem is that the joystick cannot be used for playing games which are downloaded from the windows store (such as forza , shadow fight, asphalt 8 etc,.). Is there...