Windows 10: How does a legitimate copy of Windows 7 that I bought brand new from an authorized computer...

Discus and support How does a legitimate copy of Windows 7 that I bought brand new from an authorized computer... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Cyber World,I just spent a very unpleasant 3 hours with the MS Windows Activation Center. Apparently, the copy of Windows 7 Ultimate that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ErnestCantiberos, Apr 23, 2022.

1. How does a legitimate copy of Windows 7 that I bought brand new from an authorized computer...

Hello Cyber World,I just spent a very unpleasant 3 hours with the MS Windows Activation Center. Apparently, the copy of Windows 7 Ultimate that I bought from a now defunct computer store has gone from being a legal copy to an illegal one. I have used the key to verify my copy at least 3 times during the the last 22 years without a glitch. When I just now attempted to verify my just reinstalled program had to replace a failed HD It became a nightmare. If, in fact I did buy a bootleg copy from Compuserve. Inc why did it not fail authorization the multiple times I've used it over the years? Pl

:)

ErnestCantiberos, Apr 23, 2022
  2. PJLLB Win User

How do I upgrade from non-legitimate Win7 to legit Win10?

If you've reverted back to Windows 7 then you should be able to see all of the current drivers and the hardware components by brand that they support. Catalogue the list of hardware, install Windows 10, and then find the correct drivers on the manufacturers' web sites.

It's interesting you say "All drivers are missing or not working" because if Windows 10 booted then some of them are present and working (although perhaps generic), enough to boot. Additional hardware drivers could then be loaded as I suggested -- using the hardware descriptions you can get from the Windows 7 device manager.

My only speculation on why the upgrade from Windows 7 failed is that it was not a "legitimate" copy.

PJLLB, Apr 23, 2022
  3. Paulb112 Win User
    My Old computer to a Brand new computer

I have been running a HP Pavilion P7-1410 with operating version Windows 8.1. 6.3

I went out and bought a New HP Pavilion Both are desktops TP01-0165z operating version Windows 10 version number not sure haven't even hooked it up yet completely brand new..

I also have Ashampoo Backup New Version 15.

Is there any suggestions on how I should set my new computer up ?

Thank You in Advance
    Paul

Paulb112, Apr 23, 2022
  4. How does a legitimate copy of Windows 7 that I bought brand new from an authorized computer...

brand new yoga 900 sound won't unmute

Hi Ginafeletar,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Is it OEM copy of Windows 10?
    I suggest you to download and install the latest audio drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

As you are mentioning it is a brand new computer, I suggest you to check with the computer manufacturer customer support and check if it helps.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 23, 2022
Thema:

How does a legitimate copy of Windows 7 that I bought brand new from an authorized computer...

1. How does a legitimate copy of Windows 7 that I bought brand new from an authorized computer... - Similar Threads - does legitimate copy

2. I recently bought a new Windows 11 computer and it has system corruption brand new?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently bought a new Windows 11 computer and it has system corruption brand new?: I had an old pc that did wonders until I stopped an update and did a restart in the middle of it out of impatience, this caused a corrupted systems with multiple issues for years, recently I was done trying to fix it and had enough, so I bought a whole new PC pre-built, I...
  3. I recently bought a new Windows 11 computer and it has system corruption brand new?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently bought a new Windows 11 computer and it has system corruption brand new?: I had an old pc that did wonders until I stopped an update and did a restart in the middle of it out of impatience, this caused a corrupted systems with multiple issues for years, recently I was done trying to fix it and had enough, so I bought a whole new PC pre-built, I...
  4. How to find a legitimate copy of Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find a legitimate copy of Windows 7: Hello. I would like to install Windows 7 on my virtual machine. I need a legitimate copy that doesn't contain dangerous codes and viruses. I don't need a cracked copy, but the original copy. Does anyone know where can i find the original copy of Windows 7?...
  5. How to find a legitimate copy of Windows 7

How to find a legitimate copy of Windows 7: Hello. I would like to install Windows 7 on my virtual machine. I need a legitimate copy that doesn't contain dangerous codes and viruses. I don't need a cracked copy, but the original copy. Does anyone know where can i find the original copy of Windows 7?...
  6. How does a legitimate copy of Windows 7 that I bought brand new from an authorized computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does a legitimate copy of Windows 7 that I bought brand new from an authorized computer...: Hello Cyber World,I just spent a very unpleasant 3 hours with the MS Windows Activation Center. Apparently, the copy of Windows 7 Ultimate that I bought from a now defunct computer store has gone from being a legal copy to an illegal one. I have used the key to verify my copy...
  7. Bought a brand new computer

Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  8. Bought a brand new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  9. Bought a brand new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. built a brand new pc and bought a new copy of windows 10 home from Microsoft store, but it...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    built a brand new pc and bought a new copy of windows 10 home from Microsoft store, but it...: I built a brand new pc, I've had microsoft accounts before but not on a previous machine that I upgraded only on other laptops etc.. I tried purchasing an official key through amazon and when I tried to apply that in activation settings it says "looks like the hardware on...