Windows 10: How do you stop onedrive Microsoft spying from uploading my files.

Discus and support How do you stop onedrive Microsoft spying from uploading my files. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I turn "onedrive" scam off and get my information off your server?I Never gave Microsoft permission to upload my files to the web!Microsoft has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Timothy Hill2, Oct 3, 2023.

1. How do you stop onedrive Microsoft spying from uploading my files.

How do I turn "onedrive" scam off and get my information off your server?I Never gave Microsoft permission to upload my files to the web!Microsoft has become worse than any virus!

:)

Timothy Hill2, Oct 3, 2023

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 3, 2023
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Uploading of files

Hi Amanda,

To better assist you, we appreciate if you can answer the following questions:

• Are you uploading your files to OneDrive using a computer or mobile phone?
    • Are you using a browser or OneDrive app to upload the files?

For the meantime, you can check the article:
    Fix problems uploading files on the OneDrive website
    and
    Upload photos and files to OneDrive
    . The two articles contain steps that you can perform to help you upload your files.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Oct 3, 2023
  4. ReynaldoB Win User

How do you stop onedrive Microsoft spying from uploading my files.

How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an android device

Hi JohnJCAT

Thanks for getting back.

To further assist you, I suggest that you try these steps here.

1. Check if the you can open the file online on OneDrive.com?

2. To control the Windows file security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an Android device, you can follow these steps:

1. Right-click on the "Pictures" folder and select "Properties".
    2. Click on the "Security" tab.
    3. Click on the "Advanced" button.
    4. Check the box that says "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object".
    5. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

This should ensure that the security on the files uploaded from your Android device to OneDrive will inherit the security from the "Pictures" folder on your Windows device.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator

ReynaldoB, Oct 3, 2023
Thema:

How do you stop onedrive Microsoft spying from uploading my files.

1. How do you stop onedrive Microsoft spying from uploading my files. - Similar Threads - stop onedrive Microsoft

2. I can't stop OneDrive from uploading my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't stop OneDrive from uploading my files: I just got a new laptop with windows 11 and I can't stop OneDrive from uploading my files to the cloud. I have "save videos and photos from device" and "save screenshots" turned off under Sync and Back-up. When I go to "manage back-up", it does not give me the options to...
  3. I can't stop OneDrive from uploading my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't stop OneDrive from uploading my files: I just got a new laptop with windows 11 and I can't stop OneDrive from uploading my files to the cloud. I have "save videos and photos from device" and "save screenshots" turned off under Sync and Back-up. When I go to "manage back-up", it does not give me the options to...
  4. How do you stop onedrive Microsoft spying from uploading my files.

How do you stop onedrive Microsoft spying from uploading my files.: How do I turn "onedrive" scam off and get my information off your server?I Never gave Microsoft permission to upload my files to the web!Microsoft has become worse than any virus!...
  5. Stop Onedrive from restoring files and only upload

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Onedrive from restoring files and only upload: Hey, I am running into an issue with my onedrive. I do a lot of pc gaming and programming. I love Microsoft, but it seems windows 11 has gotten far more complicated.... Everytime I download a mod for my game, say like Sims 4, the files are backed up on my onedrive account,...
  6. Stop Onedrive from restoring files and only upload

Stop Onedrive from restoring files and only upload: Hey, I am running into an issue with my onedrive. I do a lot of pc gaming and programming. I love Microsoft, but it seems windows 11 has gotten far more complicated.... Everytime I download a mod for my game, say like Sims 4, the files are backed up on my onedrive account,...
  7. How do I stop individual folders uploading to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop individual folders uploading to Onedrive: Online storage is only safe until it isn't. I have a couple of financial files I would prefer not to be on the Cloud and would like to delete them from Onedrive and stop them being uploaded in future. Can this be done, or is it an all or nothing system?...
  8. How do I prevent Onedrive from uploading certain files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I prevent Onedrive from uploading certain files?: I recently ported my entire photo library onto my laptop from my phone. There are several thousand pictures that now download automatically from iCloud periodically. The problem is that OneDrive is trying to automatically upload these photos to my OneDrive Account, and...
  9. OneDrive access after uploading file from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive access after uploading file from OneDrive: I noticed that when I uploaded a pdf file from OneDrive to a text and then sent it. The text message include the applicable pdf but also include OneDrive icon. Does the individal that received text now have access to my OneDrive?...
  10. How to stop spying from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop spying from Windows 10: Hi guys, How to stop spying from Windows 10 ? Regards. 53234