Windows 10: How do you disable English/Hangul toggle when switching from English to Korean keyboard...

Discus and support How do you disable English/Hangul toggle when switching from English to Korean keyboard... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have both English and Korean keyboard inputs installed as I use both for work.When I hit Windows Key + Space bar, it will switch the keyboard inputs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by annadrage, Nov 21, 2022.

1. annadrage Win User

How do you disable English/Hangul toggle when switching from English to Korean keyboard...

I have both English and Korean keyboard inputs installed as I use both for work.When I hit Windows Key + Space bar, it will switch the keyboard inputs, but I then have to manually click on "Hangul/English toggle" in order for it to let me type in hangul.Is there a way to set it so that is automatically toggles when switching languages?I don't understand why it still tries to use English letters when I switch to Korean in the first place, but I hope to get this fixed.

:)

annadrage, Nov 21, 2022
  2. КДж Win User

How to disable the Hangul/English toggle in the Korean IME (Win 10)?

If possible, I want to disable the Hangul/English toggle so I can immediately type in Hangul when I switch to the Korean keyboard, instead of switching keyboards then having to hit the toggle (because, for whatever brilliant reason, the default language
    for the Korean keyboard is English).

Before, this wouldn't have bothered me so much, but I'm frequently switching between English and Russian. Now add Korean, and that stupid toggle becomes incredibly irritating when you want to quickly type, for example, RUS>EN>KOR>RUS>KOR>EN .

Unfortunately, the posts I've found about the toggle have been about its hotkey, not how to remove it. Perhaps there is no way?

КДж, Nov 21, 2022
  3. Noah_643 Win User
    Korean IME toggle between Hangul/English without clicking

I just recently updated my computer from Windows 10 to 11.

I have English, Japanese, and Korean Keyboards installed.

In the past I was able to toggle between Hangul/English with "Left-Alt" but now that I have updated it is not letting me do this. Everytime I want to type in Korean I have to manually click the toggle on the task bar.

Windows + "Space" switches to the English keyboard -> Japanese -> Korean.

I am asking about toggling between the Hangul and English within the Korean Keyboard.

Noah_643, Nov 21, 2022
  4. How do you disable English/Hangul toggle when switching from English to Korean keyboard...

How to remove the "Hangul/English toggle"?

I'm trying to set the input language to Korean, but for some reason IME keeps changing it to English every time I alt+shift into another language and then back to Korean. I need to go through two steps to change my language to Korean.

As you can see,
    my input language is set to Korean
    , HOWEVER, if I start typing it types in English. After changing the language to Korean in Input Methods (or hitting Alt+Shift) an "A" appears, and even though I set the language to Korean, it types in English. For some
    reason I always have to hit the "A" at the taskbar to switch to Korean. I want it to automatically to switch to Korean once I hit Shift+Alt instead of going through the extra step of hitting that "A".

The input method selection is the square to the right of the "A". The "A" is NOT the input method selection, it is a Korean exclusive thing for some reason and there is no way to remove it.

At best I would like to remove this "Hangul/English toggle" thing (not talking about the input method selection) so I can just switch from English to Korean by using Shift+Alt instead of going through the extra step of hitting the "A".
    I don't even get what the point of IME is???

Kirill Shilov, Nov 21, 2022
Thema:

How do you disable English/Hangul toggle when switching from English to Korean keyboard...

1. How do you disable English/Hangul toggle when switching from English to Korean keyboard... - Similar Threads - disable English Hangul

2. Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English: I am a native English speaker learning Korean, and the Korean IME's default and automatic behaviors really upset me.I installed Korean language support and then spent more than an hour trying to figure out why it behaves erratically I had the Korean keyboard selected but was...
  3. Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Korean IME does not default to Korean and constantly switches to English: I am a native English speaker learning Korean, and the Korean IME's default and automatic behaviors really upset me.I installed Korean language support and then spent more than an hour trying to figure out why it behaves erratically I had the Korean keyboard selected but was...
  4. How do you disable English/Hangul toggle when switching from English to Korean keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you disable English/Hangul toggle when switching from English to Korean keyboard...: I have both English and Korean keyboard inputs installed as I use both for work.When I hit Windows Key + Space bar, it will switch the keyboard inputs, but I then have to manually click on "Hangul/English toggle" in order for it to let me type in hangul.Is there a way to set...
  5. Korean IME toggle between Hangul/English without clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Korean IME toggle between Hangul/English without clicking: I just recently updated my computer from Windows 10 to 11.I have English, Japanese, and Korean Keyboards installed.In the past I was able to toggle between Hangul/English with "Left-Alt" but now that I have updated it is not letting me do this. Everytime I want to type in...
  6. Korean IME toggle between Hangul/English without clicking

Korean IME toggle between Hangul/English without clicking: I just recently updated my computer from Windows 10 to 11.I have English, Japanese, and Korean Keyboards installed.In the past I was able to toggle between Hangul/English with "Left-Alt" but now that I have updated it is not letting me do this. Everytime I want to type in...
  7. Hangul/English Toggle on keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hangul/English Toggle on keyboard.: I have the Korean IME installed, and completely know how to use the keyboard. Is there a shortcut to toggle between keyboards though? Because clicking the A side of the toggle is always not the best way for me, when I'm typing something long, it would be much easier if I...
  8. Hangul/English Toggle on keyboard.

Hangul/English Toggle on keyboard.: I have the Korean IME installed, and completely know how to use the keyboard. Is there a shortcut to toggle between keyboards though? Because clicking the A side of the toggle is always not the best way for me, when I'm typing something long, it would be much easier if I...
  9. Korean keeps switching to english

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Korean keeps switching to english: So i've had this problem for a long time now, even with my old pc. Basically I have a korean/english keyboard, and it works fine when i'm on google or whatever. When I open a game on steam or even minecraft, ill switch to korean but when it type the IME switches back to...
  10. Korean English keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Korean English keyboard: If there is anyone who faced the same issues as me, please give me an advice. When you compare the English keyboard and Korean & English keyboard, the key layout and locations are exactly the same as each other except for the backslash \ key, which is located at the top...