Windows 10: How do I view file names in Media Player 12?

Discus and support How do I view file names in Media Player 12? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I play AVI files in a playlist I Am able to see the file named in the upper left hand corner of media player 12. However, when I try to play MP4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CatskillGuy, Aug 3, 2023.

1. How do I view file names in Media Player 12?

When I play AVI files in a playlist I Am able to see the file named in the upper left hand corner of media player 12. However, when I try to play MP4 files on media player 12, the file name Only shows up briefly for the very first video and Then each video after that has some kind of hexadecimal file name associated with it. This makes it very hard for me to write down the file names so that I can remember which ones I want to save from my trail camera. Is is there a way to get media player 12 to show the actual file name without having to play each video one by one? I am not quite sure why it

:)

CatskillGuy, Aug 3, 2023
  2. Yaqub K Win User

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Aug 3, 2023
  3. windows 10 media player 12 stopped working

Hi Paul,

I suggest you to sync iTunes with Windows Media Player and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to sync iTunes with Windows Media Player

• Double-click on the Windows Media Player icon.
    • Right-click inside the toolbar at the top of Windows Media Player. Click "File" and "Manage Libraries."
    • Right-click inside the toolbar at the top of Windows Media Player. Click "File" and "Manage Libraries."
    • Click "Add." Add the library where your iTunes music is stored to Windows Media Player. This is the directory that was selected when iTunes was initially installed. Click "OK." iTunes and Windows Media Player will be synced.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 3, 2023
  4. Dann Ave Win User

How do I view file names in Media Player 12?

Can't play mjpeg files Windows Windows Media Player 12

Please uninstall Windows Media Player 12:

• Press Windows key and X.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • On the left side pane, select Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Browse to the Media Features and uncheck Windows Media Player.
    • Reboot the computer.

To reinstall Windows Media Player, repeat steps 1 to 3, then put a check on
    Windows Media Player
    and reboot.

Let us know if it works for you.

Dann Ave, Aug 3, 2023
Thema:

How do I view file names in Media Player 12?

1. How do I view file names in Media Player 12? - Similar Threads - view file names

2. How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?: How do I set windows media player as the default DVD Player? When ever I play a DVD it opens ClipChmp. How do I change that?<Changed to a question><Original title: Windows Media Player 12>...
  3. How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?: How do I set windows media player as the default DVD Player? When ever I play a DVD it opens ClipChmp. How do I change that?<Changed to a question><Original title: Windows Media Player 12>...
  4. How do I view file names in Media Player 12?

How do I view file names in Media Player 12?: When I play AVI files in a playlist I Am able to see the file named in the upper left hand corner of media player 12. However, when I try to play MP4 files on media player 12, the file name Only shows up briefly for the very first video and Then each video after that has some...
  5. How do I download media player 12 to Windows 11?

How do I download media player 12 to Windows 11?: How do I download media player 12 to Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-media-player-12-to-windows-11/62f2e06c-b4df-4612-b2d2-b14128797dc4
  6. How do I download media player 12 to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download media player 12 to Windows 11?: How do I download media player 12 to Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-media-player-12-to-windows-11/62f2e06c-b4df-4612-b2d2-b14128797dc4
  7. media player 12

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    media player 12: Why does windows media player 12 only show my pictures for a brief moment when I try to view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-12/353aba39-5e4c-4aee-af58-893f54ac8410"
  8. media player 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media player 12: up until last Wednesday my media player was working now I cant open my media player 12 in windows 10 the following problem comes up "cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet" can you solve this problem for me please Ray...
  9. How to view external SRT subtitles in Media Player 12?

How to view external SRT subtitles in Media Player 12?: Hi, I have tried the following 3 programs to view some external SRT subtitle files. But they all are not ideal. (1) Windows Media Player Native Subtitle Plugin 1.0 (Can't work under win10) (2) Local Subtitles for WMP 1.6 (Media Foundation has to be disabled. Which stops...
  10. Under Win10, how to view external SRT subtitles in Media Player 12?

in Windows 10 Support
    Under Win10, how to view external SRT subtitles in Media Player 12?: Hi, I have tried the following 3 programs to view some external SRT subtitle files. But they all are not ideal. (1) Windows Media Player Native Subtitle Plugin 1.0 (can't work under win10) (2) Local Subtitles for WMP 1.6 (Media Foundation has to be disabled. Which stops...