Windows 10: How Do I Upgrade Win10 or do a Restore or Reinstall when it continually fails?

Discus and support How Do I Upgrade Win10 or do a Restore or Reinstall when it continually fails? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have win10 Home on my laptop and everything seems to work fine EXCEPT: It is running Win10 21H2 and trying to upgrade to 22H2 it repeatedly fails. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Beaverwood, Jun 30, 2024 at 10:12 AM.

1. How Do I Upgrade Win10 or do a Restore or Reinstall when it continually fails?

I have win10 Home on my laptop and everything seems to work fine EXCEPT: It is running Win10 21H2 and trying to upgrade to 22H2 it repeatedly fails. It ALSO will not do a restore, a windows repair or reinstall from an ISO . It goes through all the motions and comes up with an failed to install, failed to restore or repair or upgrade error code. I have tried so many fixes and suggestions and nothing solves the problem. Yet, the computer seems to function okay other than this. Any suggestions? If I purchase a DVD and do a install, would that work or am I going to come up with the same fai

:)

2. wee_ones Win User

Win10 Anniversary upgrade

Hello - I'm trying to upgrade to the Win10 Anniversary on a client's laptop. The laptop previously had Symantec Endpoint Protection, but it was removed before the free upgrade was performed from win7 home edition. The copy of SEP was not compatible with
    the upgrade to Win10, but it was supposedly successfully removed.

Now the Anniversary upgrade stops and reports that it can't continue due to incompatibility with SEP. I've checked the startup, there's no SEP listed, there's no active SEP components listed under the task manager, and I'm unable to manually remove registry
    keys through the regedit program.

So: would it be possible to:

Roll back to the previous win edition, reinstall SEP, then remove SEP, and upgrade to Win10 again?

Manually edit the registry (assuming that I can find the offending key(s)) so the installation can complete?

I don't have access to the latest copy of clean wipe, so I'm not sure that would help.

Please provide any suggestions and thanks in advance

Bill

3. JayTeeHam Win User
    Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace.

Reinstalling Win10 On New Hard Drive, current hdd is failing and i need to replace fast! Backup and restore misses several key files so can't transfer to new hdd.

I need to reinstall my winOS on a new hdd, current hard drive is failing fast! I bought Win8, upgraded to 8.1 free, then 10 free. I can't find Win 10 Product Key Only Product ID Listed In SysInfo.

Can I download Win10 for free somewhere, and locate the Product Key to install for free, or do I have to buy the complete WinOS 10 Pro to the tune of $200!!!? Help Please! Thanks so much!

4. DanaGinn Win User

How Do I Upgrade Win10 or do a Restore or Reinstall when it continually fails?

Upgrading from Win7 to Win10 failed, Win7 restored, status of Win10 upgrade unclear

Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 failed and Windows 7 was restored (remarkably, it appears to be just like it was before the attempted upgrade). I was not advised regarding the status of my Win10 upgrade. What happens now? Is my right of free
    upgrade secured? Will I be advised regarding further efforts to upgrade?

Thema:

How Do I Upgrade Win10 or do a Restore or Reinstall when it continually fails?

1. How Do I Upgrade Win10 or do a Restore or Reinstall when it continually fails? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Win10 Restore

2. How Do I Upgrade Win10 or do a Restore or Reinstall when it continually fails?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Upgrade Win10 or do a Restore or Reinstall when it continually fails?: I have win10 Home on my laptop and everything seems to work fine EXCEPT: It is running Win10 21H2 and trying to upgrade to 22H2 it repeatedly fails. It ALSO will not do a restore, a windows repair or reinstall from an ISO . It goes through all the motions and comes up with an...
  3. How Do I Upgrade Win10 or do a Restore or Reinstall when it continually fails?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Do I Upgrade Win10 or do a Restore or Reinstall when it continually fails?: I have win10 Home on my laptop and everything seems to work fine EXCEPT: It is running Win10 21H2 and trying to upgrade to 22H2 it repeatedly fails. It ALSO will not do a restore, a windows repair or reinstall from an ISO . It goes through all the motions and comes up with an...
  4. How do I upgrade Win7 to Win10/11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade Win7 to Win10/11: I tried doing this using a bootable flashdrive from 2016. I then downloading the latest updgrade and tried to create a bootable flashdrive. Both attempts failed and yeah, I know free upgrades were terminated in 2016 or thereabouts. So, how can I upgrade?...
  5. How do I upgrade Win7 to Win10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade Win7 to Win10/11: I tried doing this using a bootable flashdrive from 2016. I then downloading the latest updgrade and tried to create a bootable flashdrive. Both attempts failed and yeah, I know free upgrades were terminated in 2016 or thereabouts. So, how can I upgrade?...
  6. how do i reinstall failed driver updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i reinstall failed driver updates?: the title says it all below is an screenshot from the windows update page in settings. i cant find any reinstall button beside them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-failed-driver-updates/33e7ab29-06da-40ab-b7db-950e94099406
  7. how do i reinstall failed driver updates?

how do i reinstall failed driver updates?: the title says it all below is an screenshot from the windows update page in settings. i cant find any reinstall button beside them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-failed-driver-updates/33e7ab29-06da-40ab-b7db-950e94099406
  8. How do I continue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I continue?: My mom gave me this Windows 8 computer because she didn't use it anymore. I never was able to do much because I didn't have access to administrator. I ask her to put the password in but she forgot it. She also claims that there might be important info stored on there so I...
  9. How do I continue?

How do I continue?: My mom gave me this Windows 8 computer because she didn't use it anymore. I never was able to do much because I didn't have access to administrator. I ask her to put the password in but she forgot it. She also claims that there might be important info stored on there so I...
  10. How do I continue BU/Restore after upgrading to Win 10?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I continue BU/Restore after upgrading to Win 10?: I've upgraded to 10 and now am confused regarding how to continue my backup/restore from Win 7. When I access control panel, it refers back to Windows 7. I have no problems with reformatting my backup drive and starting with Windows 10. Is there a Win 10 Bu/restore program?...