Windows 10: How do I stop the Snipping Tool from randomly activating?

Discus and support How do I stop the Snipping Tool from randomly activating? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In Windows 11, recently the Snipping Tool has started to randomly activate without being opened by me. Although I followed instructions to repair it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Windows Category - All, Aug 1, 2023.

1. How do I stop the Snipping Tool from randomly activating?

In Windows 11, recently the Snipping Tool has started to randomly activate without being opened by me. Although I followed instructions to repair it in Settings, it has started doing it again today, and it activates frequently--every 5-30 seconds. It interrupts typing and I have to click the screen to make it go away and let me continue working. It has activated more than a dozen times while I was typing this.How do I fix this?

:)

Windows Category - All, Aug 1, 2023

2. snipping tool

Please try this:

Step 1:

Click Start, and type Snipping Tool.

Right-click Snipping Tool from the search results, and click App Settings

Click Reset,

Click Repair.

Note: In Windows 11, there is no Snip and Sketch. It comes pre-installed with the new Snipping Tool (which replaces the old Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps)

Step 2:

Turn off Focus assist if it's enabled

Step 3:

Open Services.msc and make sure that the following services are set to "Automatic" and running:

• Windows Push Notifications System Service
    • Windows Push Notifications User Service

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 1, 2023
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Aug 1, 2023
  4. Mel Tar Win User

How do I stop the Snipping Tool from randomly activating?

Snipping Tool stopped working

Hi Rick,

To resolve your concern about the issue, please follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Task Bar, and select
      Task Manager
    • Look for Snipping Tool, and click the End task button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Aug 1, 2023
Thema:

How do I stop the Snipping Tool from randomly activating?

1. How do I stop the Snipping Tool from randomly activating? - Similar Threads - stop Snipping Tool

2. How do I stop the Snipping Tool from randomly activating?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the Snipping Tool from randomly activating?: In Windows 11, recently the Snipping Tool has started to randomly activate without being opened by me. Although I followed instructions to repair it in Settings, it has started doing it again today, and it activates frequently--every 5-30 seconds. It interrupts typing and I...
  3. How to stop snipping tool from running in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop snipping tool from running in the background: When I start my computer windows 11 ver 22h2 the snipping tool starts and the screen turns dark. I hit the esc key and in comes up normally. When I try to type anything the snipping tool comes back on.* Moved from Community Center...
  4. How to stop snipping tool from running in the background

How to stop snipping tool from running in the background: When I start my computer windows 11 ver 22h2 the snipping tool starts and the screen turns dark. I hit the esc key and in comes up normally. When I try to type anything the snipping tool comes back on.* Moved from Community Center...
  5. Snipping tool randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool randomly stops working: Hello!Ever since I've got my PC, it's been having wierd issue where at times the win+shift+s shortcut and the snipping tool app iteslf just stop working. The app won't launch and the shortcut will not work. I thought it was a RAM issue as I only had 8 gb and frequently ran...
  6. Snipping tool randomly stops working

Snipping tool randomly stops working: Hello!Ever since I've got my PC, it's been having wierd issue where at times the win+shift+s shortcut and the snipping tool app iteslf just stop working. The app won't launch and the shortcut will not work. I thought it was a RAM issue as I only had 8 gb and frequently ran...
  7. How do I fix snipping tool randomly causing freezing and crashes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix snipping tool randomly causing freezing and crashes?: System Info:X299 Asus Extreme Encorei9-10980XE32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4000mhzNvidia 3080 FE1 SSD, 1 HDD, 1 M.2Issue:Overall I've been noticing some issues when using the "Snipping Tool" where it will randomly freeze the system either during opening or after snipping an...
  8. How do I fix snipping tool randomly causing freezing and crashes?

How do I fix snipping tool randomly causing freezing and crashes?: System Info:X299 Asus Extreme Encorei9-10980XE32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4000mhzNvidia 3080 FE1 SSD, 1 HDD, 1 M.2Issue:Overall I've been noticing some issues when using the "Snipping Tool" where it will randomly freeze the system either during opening or after snipping an...
  9. How can I stop the snipping tool from using PrtSc key?

How can I stop the snipping tool from using PrtSc key?: I have tried several suggested fixes for this and none have worked:My PC does not have gpedit.msc, so I cannot view or change the Group Policy.Services does not contain the Snipping Tool, so I cannot control it from there.I can get to the Properties dialog for the Snipping...
  10. How do I disable the Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable the Snipping Tool: So I recently discovered that I actually like snip and sketch over the old snipping tool. Problem is the snipping tool always pops up first in search when I type snip. Anyone know how to just remove the old Snipping tool from search results? Yes I know there are more...