Windows 10: How do I stop my PC from being managed by an organization?

Discus and support How do I stop my PC from being managed by an organization? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is there a way to stop my PC from being managed and letting me enable the settings I want to enable? That yellow text pops up in other settings. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Noita Nero, Sep 24, 2024 at 5:57 PM.

1. How do I stop my PC from being managed by an organization?

Is there a way to stop my PC from being managed and letting me enable the settings I want to enable? That yellow text pops up in other settings. I've dug around other "managed by your organization" fixes I've seen around in Microsoft and YouTube. I still can't get it removed.

:)

2. DaveM121 Win User

See settings managed by organization

Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Windows does not store a list of settings managed by your organization, they would probably be listed in the among all the options in the Group Policy Editor, but there is no list of which policies are enabled separately, you would need to look through all the policies.

Please provide more information on this, are you managing PC's in a work environment or are you just using a PC and getting the 'Manage by Organization' error in your Settings app?

3. See settings managed by organization

Hello Dave, thanks for helping me

Well, it is kind of annoying and abnormal to my opinion that, as computer owners, we do not get a list of the settings managed by our organization.

I am a student that is using his private computer with two accounts, the first as my personal account, and the other as the "work or school account".
    I am indeed sometime getting the "this setting is managed by your organization" message (even though I know it's not an "error"); thus, I would have liked to have an exhaustive list of all the settings that are managed by my organization without needing to check every settings page and tabs one by one.

Alix Brunet1, Sep 24, 2024 at 6:05 PM
  4. dukeofurl Win User

How do I stop my PC from being managed by an organization?

Some settings are managed by my organization?

A long while ago, when Win 10 privacy concerns were new, I ran some kind of utility that claimed to stop like 20 violations with one step. Fast forward to today, and I go to do Windows Update, and it tells me in red font color "*Some settings are managed by your organization" - well, I don't have an organization, I'd just like to get Windows Update back to normal. Any idea how?

Thema:

How do I stop my PC from being managed by an organization?

1. How do I stop my PC from being managed by an organization? - Similar Threads - stop being managed

2. How do I stop my PC from being managed by an organization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop my PC from being managed by an organization?: Is there a way to stop my PC from being managed and letting me enable the settings I want to enable? That yellow text pops up in other settings. I've dug around other "managed by your organization" fixes I've seen around in Microsoft and YouTube. I still can't get it removed....
  3. How do I fix The organization manages the updates on this PC.?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix The organization manages the updates on this PC.?: When I tried to check the windows 11 compatibillity in the pc health check app a popup appeared saying that The organization manages the updates on this PC. How do I fix this?...
  4. How do I fix The organization manages the updates on this PC.?

How do I fix The organization manages the updates on this PC.?: When I tried to check the windows 11 compatibillity in the pc health check app a popup appeared saying that The organization manages the updates on this PC. How do I fix this?...
  5. How do I fix The organization manages the updates on this PC.?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. how do i stop school/organization from managing my account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i stop school/organization from managing my account?: i've recently graduated from my middle school. however, the laptop they let me keep is still being managed by them. i dont have admin rights, im not allowed to install apps that are not vertified by the microsoft store, and when i reset it, it still forces me to log in to my...
  7. how do i stop school/organization from managing my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop school/organization from managing my account?: i've recently graduated from my middle school. however, the laptop they let me keep is still being managed by them. i dont have admin rights, im not allowed to install apps that are not vertified by the microsoft store, and when i reset it, it still forces me to log in to my...
  8. how do i stop school/organization from managing my account?

9. How do I prevent my school organization from managing my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent my school organization from managing my laptop?: [ATTACH] I recently signed into my school account to use microsoft office on my laptop and it asked me if I wanted my organization to manage my laptop so I said yes, unaware of what that actually would mean (my fault for that). Now it's forcing me to change the passwords...
  10. How stop task manager from being disabled?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How stop task manager from being disabled?: I downloaded a virus on accident and I removed it and now it's says my task manager is disabled by administrator. How do I re-enable it? submitted by /u/Thenoob1000 [link] [comments]...