Windows 10: How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?

Discus and support How do I stop my computer from going to sleep? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Help, my computer goes to sleep as soon as I become idle. No delay. I cannot always be typing, and I need my computer to stay on during business hours.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jime Palacios, Oct 25, 2023.

1. How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?

Help, my computer goes to sleep as soon as I become idle. No delay. I cannot always be typing, and I need my computer to stay on during business hours. I have tried everything, and it won't stop.

:)

Jime Palacios, Oct 25, 2023
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

iTunes stops playing when the computer go to sleep

Hi Ross,

Sleep mode is designed to stop all actions on a computer as it puts the device to a low-power state. Since you want to continue using a program even while your computer is locked, we suggest turning off Sleep mode by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Choose Power & Sleep from the left pane.
    • Under Sleep, choose Never.

How do I stop my computer from going to sleep? a56ef514-cf53-4631-8917-a239182dc84a.png

Let us know if you have any other concerns about your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 25, 2023
  3. Computer stopped going into sleep mode

Hello, Kiran.

My computer is up to date and I didn't change any settings prior or after the update

I tried step one, but I haven't wait the time required for the computer to go into sleep mode. I did change the 30 minute wait to 10 minutes. So, I'll wait and see what happens

Yan Carlos Cruz, Oct 25, 2023
  4. How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?

Computer stopped going into sleep mode

Hi Yan,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you made any changes to the software/hardware in the computer after upgrading to the Windows 10?

• Did you change any power settings in the computer prior to the issue?

• Is your computer up to date?
    Until you reply to us, you may follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Step 1:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Select your current plan and click on Change plan settings,

• Change the Put the computer to sleep to
      5/10 minutes (Any other time you wish)
    If the issue still persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

• Click on Change plan settings beside your current plan.

• Click on Restore default setting for this plan and click on
      OK if prompted.
    If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

Create the new power plan and check if it helps.

• Click on Create a power plan on the left navigation pane.

• Enter your new power plan name in the Plan name text box and click on
      Next.

• Follow the below instructions and check if it helps.
    After creating power plan, try to set the sleep timer as suggested in the step 1 in the 1st Method.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 25, 2023
Thema:

How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?

1. How do I stop my computer from going to sleep? - Similar Threads - stop computer going

2. How to stop my PC from going into sleep mode unintentionally?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop my PC from going into sleep mode unintentionally?: Hello, every time I hit the alt key my PC goes into sleep mode. I havent adjusted any setting that I am aware of and this just started an hour ago...
  3. How to stop my PC from going into sleep mode unintentionally?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop my PC from going into sleep mode unintentionally?: Hello, every time I hit the alt key my PC goes into sleep mode. I havent adjusted any setting that I am aware of and this just started an hour ago...
  4. How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?: I'm on a acer aspire 5, windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-computer-go-to-sleep-when-i-close/fdf1cdb9-2a7d-41b5-bffe-c96f63356d96
  5. How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?

How do I make my computer go to sleep when I close it?: I'm on a acer aspire 5, windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-computer-go-to-sleep-when-i-close/fdf1cdb9-2a7d-41b5-bffe-c96f63356d96
  6. How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?

How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?: Help, my computer goes to sleep as soon as I become idle. No delay. I cannot always be typing, and I need my computer to stay on during business hours. I have tried everything, and it won't stop....
  7. How do I stop mousocoreworker.exe from blocking my system from sleeping ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop mousocoreworker.exe from blocking my system from sleeping ?: I have been investigating the issue of mousocoreworker.exe blocking my desktop from sleeping for a while, but have not found a solution. I have read every post about it on this forum, as well as some others, and tried a could of things with no success. I am running Win10 with...
  8. How do I stop mousocoreworker.exe from blocking my system from sleeping ?

How do I stop mousocoreworker.exe from blocking my system from sleeping ?: I have been investigating the issue of mousocoreworker.exe blocking my desktop from sleeping for a while, but have not found a solution. I have read every post about it on this forum, as well as some others, and tried a could of things with no success. I am running Win10 with...
  9. My Computer not going to Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Computer not going to Sleep: Good Morning, I've been having issues getting my computer to sleep automatically. I've configured my desktop to sleep after 15 minutes of being idle and it won't sleep. I go through the advance settings to make sure that apps won't interfere with my computer sleeping. I use...
  10. How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?: How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep after inactivity? I have hybrid sleep off. Whenever I try to wake it up, it doesn't respond to any of keys except for the power button. That leads me to thinking it's been shut down, crashed, or is in a deep sleep....