Windows 10: How do I stop Microsoft from making changes on my computers?

Discus and support How do I stop Microsoft from making changes on my computers? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every time I reboot one of my computers, microsoft comes in and changes my default programs to programs I DO NOT WANT.How do I block this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by De Roo, Aug 26, 2024.

1. De Roo Win User

How do I stop Microsoft from making changes on my computers?

Every time I reboot one of my computers, microsoft comes in and changes my default programs to programs I DO NOT WANT.How do I block this?

:)

De Roo, Aug 26, 2024

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 26, 2024
  3. Arul_D Win User
    forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Aug 26, 2024
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Stopping computer

Hi Jean,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on the issue, it would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I make the order stop” how are you stopping the programs?
    • Are you referring to “Restart/Shutdown anyway” option while turning off the computer?

You may want to check the settings mentioned below and see if that helps:

Disable Fast Startup:

If Fast Startup is enabled on the computer, I would suggest you to try disabling Fast Startup and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Power Options.
    4. Click on Choose what the power buttons do, and click
      Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    5. Clear the checkbox for Turn on fast startup.
    6. Click Save changes

Disable Hibernation:

Also, if you have enabled Hibernation, let’s try disabling Hibernation and check:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      powercfg /hibernate off

For more information on disabling Hibernation, see
    How to disable and re-enable hibernation on a computer that is running Windows

If the issue persists, please reply us with detailed information on the issue to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 26, 2024
Thema:

1. How do I stop Microsoft from making changes on my computers? - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft making

2. How do I stop Microsoft from making changes on my computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Microsoft from making changes on my computers?: Every time I reboot one of my computers, microsoft comes in and changes my default programs to programs I DO NOT WANT.How do I block this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-microsoft-from-making-changes-on-my/4d590129-1221-42eb-827f-07761ed6aa0a
  3. How to stop microsoft from making changes on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop microsoft from making changes on my computer: So Microsoft is still making Illegal, and un-authorized changes to all our machines. I have gone thru Microsoft Agreements, and found that we can indeed charge Microsoft from doing these things. I am about to start the process, but wondering if anybody else has had...
  4. How to stop microsoft from making changes on my computer

How to stop microsoft from making changes on my computer: So Microsoft is still making Illegal, and un-authorized changes to all our machines. I have gone thru Microsoft Agreements, and found that we can indeed charge Microsoft from doing these things. I am about to start the process, but wondering if anybody else has had...
  5. How do i stop my computer from lagging and how do i stop getting that Microsoft family...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop my computer from lagging and how do i stop getting that Microsoft family...: My computer starts lagging a lot at random times and at first it went away after a while, but it has gotten worse and i just restart my pc now but it only works for a few hours until it does it again. And i know it can't entirely be my internet's fault because my cursor lags...
  6. How do i stop my computer from lagging and how do i stop getting that Microsoft family...

How do i stop my computer from lagging and how do i stop getting that Microsoft family...: My computer starts lagging a lot at random times and at first it went away after a while, but it has gotten worse and i just restart my pc now but it only works for a few hours until it does it again. And i know it can't entirely be my internet's fault because my cursor lags...
  7. How do I get my computer to NOT make changes to itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my computer to NOT make changes to itself?: Two issues aside, and which I plan to fix myself well, with tech support, I like my computer working exactly the way it is right now. I don't want my computer to make changes to itself, especially if I don't know about it. How do I achieve this goal?I want this to apply to...
  8. How Do I Stop Microsoft From Changing My Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Stop Microsoft From Changing My Settings?: I have a program in Startup. I use this program every single day, every time I boot my PC. I set it to Enable in the Startup section. Each time I start my PC, it is not run and the setting is changed to Disable. I also set the Power Management feature to never turn off my...
  9. How do I stop Microsoft from changing my settings?

How do I stop Microsoft from changing my settings?: I like things my way. I like them my way because that's the way my brain works and this is what I'm used to and what works for me. So how do I get MS to stop changing my settings with every. single. update? I don't want anything on my computer in any folder anywhere...
  10. stop microsoft from changing my computer

stop microsoft from changing my computer: how do I stop microsoft from changing my computer? I started with a win7 computer, they auto updated me to win 10. I tried to reset back to win7 but they somehow changed my reset partition as well so the best I could do was an older version of win10. I could do everything...