Windows 10: How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?

Discus and support How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I set windows media player as the default DVD Player? When ever I play a DVD it opens ClipChmp. How do I change that?<Changed to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by James Clure, Aug 10, 2023.

1. How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?

How do I set windows media player as the default DVD Player? When ever I play a DVD it opens ClipChmp. How do I change that?<Changed to a question><Original title: Windows Media Player 12>

:)

James Clure, Aug 10, 2023

2. HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/243621

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, Aug 10, 2023
  3. Windows Media Player is not in Default apps list in Windows 10

I know, this question was asked many times, but there is still no answer that can actually solve the problem. There are steps to get the WMP in Windows Optional Features, install it if missing, etc. - I did all that, and now WMP runs and plays media files. However, there is no way in Windows 10 to set it as a Default App to play media file types.

• Go to "Default apps" > "Music Player" > "Choose Default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Choose default apps by file type" > ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Set Defaults by app" > Windows Media Player is here! > select "Manage" > find ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - the only choice is "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store".

After a long time spent searching I found this article: https://www.ghacks.net/2016/02/16/how-to-make-any-program-the-default-on-windows-10/

Apparently after 1803 you are supposed to use hackers tools to set the Microsoft's own Windows Media Player as default. I used FileTypesMan as was suggested in the article, but when I try to change assignments for .mp3 files, I get "Error 5: Access is denied" from the tool. Also, if I right-click on an .mp3 file and select "Open with..." it still suggests me to go to Microsoft Store, open with Notepad, Paint, Word, but not Windows Media Player.

What is the proper way to make WMP the default media player, so it shows up in the Default apps list?

sun2sirius, Aug 10, 2023
  4. How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?

Windows Media Player and DVD app?

Hi

I have followed your steps set Windows Media player as default. But when I played the DVDs, they still play under VLC media player.

live_amazin, Aug 10, 2023
Thema:

How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?

1. How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player? - Similar Threads - set Media Player

2. Windows Legacy Media Player -> Windows Media Player 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Legacy Media Player -> Windows Media Player 12: Found a description of how to upgrade the Windows Legacy Media Player to Windows Media Player 12, viz:Click the Start button, type features, and then select Turn Windows features on or off. Expand Media Features and see whether the Windows Media Player check box is selected....
  3. How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?

How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?: How do I set windows media player as the default DVD Player? When ever I play a DVD it opens ClipChmp. How do I change that?<Changed to a question><Original title: Windows Media Player 12>...
  4. The new Media Player is set to the default media player automatically. How do I disable this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The new Media Player is set to the default media player automatically. How do I disable this?: So I found an issue with the media files on Windows. So this happened... When I open an media file with Movies and TV, that's when the terrible new Media Player started to set it to it's default media player. I had to set my Movies and TV to the media player back in the...
  5. The new Media Player is set to the default media player automatically. How do I disable this?

The new Media Player is set to the default media player automatically. How do I disable this?: So I found an issue with the media files on Windows. So this happened... When I open an media file with Movies and TV, that's when the terrible new Media Player started to set it to it's default media player. I had to set my Movies and TV to the media player back in the...
  6. The new Media Player is set to the default media player automatically. How do I disable this?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Windows 10/Media Player ver 12/External DVD player Pioneer

Windows 10/Media Player ver 12/External DVD player Pioneer: Hi! I'm having difficulty with Media Player not displaying on the Navigation panel the external drive I plug in. So, I'm unable to play my videos using Media Player. However, if I open my my File Explorer, my computerdoes see the external drive D. Note: I have a...
  8. media player 12

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    media player 12: Why does windows media player 12 only show my pictures for a brief moment when I try to view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-12/353aba39-5e4c-4aee-af58-893f54ac8410"
  9. Windows Media Player 12

Windows Media Player 12: I have a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed on it, have had MANY MANY problems, one of the biggest is with the Media Player which would NOT burn cd's for me. I finally just "uninstalled" it completely, been trying both iTunes and just direct burning via my dvd rw...
  10. media player 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media player 12: up until last Wednesday my media player was working now I cant open my media player 12 in windows 10 the following problem comes up "cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet" can you solve this problem for me please Ray...