Windows 10: how do I revet back to an older version

Discus and support how do I revet back to an older version in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to revert to windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lionel Williams1, Feb 2, 2023.

1. how do I revet back to an older version

I would like to revert to windows 10

:)

Lionel Williams1, Feb 2, 2023

2. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, Feb 2, 2023
  3. Older program not working after installing KB3163018 update on Windows 10.

Hi Fritz,

The above issue might occur due to incompatibility of the program with the update installed on the computer.

Before we assist further, which is the “older program” you are referring to in the above description?

I suggest you to install the program in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

Step 1: Install the device drivers manually in
    Compatibility mode.

• Locate and right-click on the program setup file downloaded/saved on the PC and select
      Properties from the context menu.

• Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for, select Windows 8.1/7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• After the installation is complete, restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and type
      Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.

• Select the top most search result and follow from
      step 2
      from the article Make older programs compatible with this version of
      Windows
      (Also applies to Windows 10).

• Check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answer to the above questions and the status of compatibility of the older program installed on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 2, 2023
  4. how do I revet back to an older version

File replaced with a older version on Onedrive

Where are the results of the steps I asked you to perform?

If there are no older files in OneDrive where the file is stored, then how could it have been replaced with an older version?

Is it possible the later version was not saved? Do you have auto-save turned on?

I asked you about Previous Versions. Is it turned on, yes or no?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

how do I revet back to an older version

1. how do I revet back to an older version - Similar Threads - revet older version

2. How do I install older versions of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install older versions of Windows 10?: I want to install Windows 10, but I need a version under 4 GB because that’s how big the drive that I own is. The https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php website was moved to another website, and you have to pay to be able to get an authorization key to download .iso’s, I don't...
  3. How do I install older versions of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install older versions of Windows 10?: I want to install Windows 10, but I need a version under 4 GB because that’s how big the drive that I own is. The https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php website was moved to another website, and you have to pay to be able to get an authorization key to download .iso’s, I don't...
  4. How do I install older versions of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how do i got back to the old version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i got back to the old version: Microsoft photo apphow do i got back to the old version the way it was like mouth ago or is there a way fix it so the once you crop image is saves and copy's it without you having to change the name and it stay in the origin folder...
  6. How do I get back to an older version of photo editing that had the spot fix tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back to an older version of photo editing that had the spot fix tool?: Greetings. I edit many photos that I take and I also am appalled and dismayed that the spot fix tool was removed. The red eye was , on occasion, very helpful for editing a red eye out of a photo. Since I have been on computers since 1993, one of my hopes for the future is...
  7. How do I get back to an older version of photo editing that had the spot fix tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get back to an older version of photo editing that had the spot fix tool?: Greetings. I edit many photos that I take and I also am appalled and dismayed that they spot fix tool was removed. The red eye was rarely used, but it was also, on occasion, very helpful for editing a red eye out of a photo. Since I have been on computers since 1993, one of...
  8. how do I revet back to an older version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I revet back to an older version: I would like to revert to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-revet-back-to-an-older-version/8eccade5-e7b3-4ec1-94a5-1104e7cfeb4b
  9. Going back to an older version of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Going back to an older version of windows: Hello. I have an older version of windows 10. I like it because its stable and secure. My computer is trying to make me upgrade and I was wondering if their was a way to either make it so it doesn't say "restart and update". A school used to own the computers and they got...
  10. How do i downgrade to a older version?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i downgrade to a older version?: Ever since they forced me to upgrade to 1903, i am suffering from huge amounts of input lag, the performance of my games have dropped significantly aswell. I tried upgrading to 1909 with the same results. I was completely fine on 1709 until they forced me, i want to try 1809...