Windows 10: How do I restore missing files?? everything on my disk drive D was gone and I dont know...

Discus and support How do I restore missing files?? everything on my disk drive D was gone and I dont know... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an SSD for the system and a separate 500 gb HDD for files, and as stated, everything on my HDD is gone. I don't know what caused it, Its not on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by red allison, Jul 5, 2024.

1. How do I restore missing files?? everything on my disk drive D was gone and I dont know...

I have an SSD for the system and a separate 500 gb HDD for files, and as stated, everything on my HDD is gone. I don't know what caused it, Its not on my recycled bin, I haven't noticed any changes on my system drive. Everything was wiped out, it shows 465 gb free of 465 gb. The last Windows update was in June. Some important files are on that drive, please help!

:)

red allison, Jul 5, 2024

2. D Drive Missing After Fragmentation

Hi,

As the title suggests, my D drive has gone missing after fragmentation.

I have tried to rescan disks in disk management, update driver in device manager, uninstalled recent windows updates but still unable to locate my D drive.

Based on event logs, it’s showing me event ID 51.

D drive was able to be fragmented on 1st May 2023 and on 2nd May onwards, it just went missing.

Any idea what else I could do?

Thank you!

Chantel Loh, Jul 5, 2024
  3. GrantFed Win User
    Woke up to a missing D Drive

I keep my files on a D Drive (Internal Hard Drive) on a Dell Desktop

I woke to have the entire drive either deleted or missing

Under Disk Management it DOES NOT show up

I DONOT have a restore point unfortunately

Please walk me through steps to get this back

GrantFed, Jul 5, 2024
  4. How do I restore missing files?? everything on my disk drive D was gone and I dont know...

D: drive is missing from disk manager, nothing works

My computer started freezing and lagging when I tried to open a file from D: drive, so I restarted it.

When I did, the D: drive was gone, along with files I really need.

It's not in the disk managment, and the drive installer is fully updated. I went through the solutions, but non seemed to work. Any suggestions?

ReuvenOren, Jul 5, 2024
Thema:

How do I restore missing files?? everything on my disk drive D was gone and I dont know...

1. How do I restore missing files?? everything on my disk drive D was gone and I dont know... - Similar Threads - restore missing files

2. How do I restore missing files?? everything on my disk drive D was gone and I dont know...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore missing files?? everything on my disk drive D was gone and I dont know...: I have an SSD for the system and a separate 500 gb HDD for files, and as stated, everything on my HDD is gone. I don't know what caused it, Its not on my recycled bin, I haven't noticed any changes on my system drive. Everything was wiped out, it shows 465 gb free of 465 gb....
  3. How do I restore missing files?? everything on my disk drive D was gone and I dont know...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore missing files?? everything on my disk drive D was gone and I dont know...: I have an SSD for the system and a separate 500 gb HDD for files, and as stated, everything on my HDD is gone. I don't know what caused it, Its not on my recycled bin, I haven't noticed any changes on my system drive. Everything was wiped out, it shows 465 gb free of 465 gb....
  4. How do I solve missing drive D?

How do I solve missing drive D?: So after i dropped off my pc to a local shop to install a new motherboard and GPU, after a few days, the technician toldme that my pc is now available for pickup and he sent screenshots of a few softwares that we're running after i asked him to installinstalled in drive D em....
  5. My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?: My D\ drive no longer works and it has everything on my pc. The drive has a blue ? over it and every time I try to access it says its unavailable and to make sure the drive is connected. I really have no clue what to do i have watch multiple videos none seemed to work....
  6. My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?

My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?: My D\ drive no longer works and it has everything on my pc. The drive has a blue ? over it and every time I try to access it says its unavailable and to make sure the drive is connected. I really have no clue what to do i have watch multiple videos none seemed to work....
  7. My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My D disk where al my games was on its gone My hole d disk how can i get it back i dont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D disk where al my games was on its gone My hole d disk how can i get it back i dont...: My D disk where al my games was on its gone My hole d disk how can i get it back i dont care if the games are gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-d-disk-where-al-my-games-was-on-its-gone-my/1a598158-6162-45d4-96ee-55c0bf84825b
  9. My D disk where al my games was on its gone My hole d disk how can i get it back i dont...

My D disk where al my games was on its gone My hole d disk how can i get it back i dont...: My D disk where al my games was on its gone My hole d disk how can i get it back i dont care if the games are gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-d-disk-where-al-my-games-was-on-its-gone-my/1a598158-6162-45d4-96ee-55c0bf84825b
  10. My Disk Drive D Is Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Disk Drive D Is Missing: Hi, I reset my laptop because of a virus and now I can't see my disk D Which Had 1TB Storage. What Should I Do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-disk-drive-d-is-missing/63b3b223-4d52-4306-a74b-90935c7d77a1