Windows 10: How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?

Discus and support How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am part-owner of a small company, and my responsibilities include managing all computer and network systems. As such I set up all new computers for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BoyceJeff, Sep 22, 2023.

1. BoyceJeff Win User

How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?

I am part-owner of a small company, and my responsibilities include managing all computer and network systems. As such I set up all new computers for staff members. During the Windows setup process a user account is setup as a local account and administrator. In previous years on new computers, Windows was registered to my company email account which was used for my Microsoft account, since I administered all the systems, and no one had or needed a Microsoft account at the time. We have some computers that although the staff member logs into the computer with their user name first name, l

:)

BoyceJeff, Sep 22, 2023

2. Windows Mixed Reality HP Disconnects Upon Visor Lift

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the HP Windows Mixed Reality device and we appreciate your effort for providing the information on the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Windows Mixed Reality HP device?
    • Did you check the Windows Mixed Reality
      HP on a different computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot
    Mixed Reality headset displays

We would suggest you to perform the steps as referred under Mixed Reality headset display in this article:
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Method 2: New user account

This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 22, 2023
  3. Microsoft account purchase information.

Hi Robert,

A corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why you don't see any information with all of your Microsoft games. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Sign out your account from the Windows Store. Here is how:

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Microsoft account that you are currently signed in to the Store with.
    • Click/tap on the Microsoft account again.
    • Click/tap on the Sign out link.

Step 2: Reset Store cache. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WS tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Step 3: Sign in your account to the Windows Store.

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Sign in.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 22, 2023
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows? :(

Zakin, Sep 22, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows? - Similar Threads - resolve mixed user

2. How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I resolve mixed user account information in Windows?: I am part-owner of a small company, and my responsibilities include managing all computer and network systems. As such I set up all new computers for staff members. During the Windows setup process a user account is setup as a local account and administrator. In previous...
  3. How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro?: I recently had a hard disk failure and had to replace it. I have re-installed Windows 10 Pro and gone through all the updates to bring it current version 22H2. In the User Account, it shows an abbreviated version of my nickname and that is what is used in the path to my...
  4. How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro?

How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro?: I recently had a hard disk failure and had to replace it. I have re-installed Windows 10 Pro and gone through all the updates to bring it current version 22H2. In the User Account, it shows an abbreviated version of my nickname and that is what is used in the path to my...
  5. How do I change information in the User Account for an individual in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I resolve a MSFT account email mix up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve a MSFT account email mix up?: Original accountsBusiness account - MSFT products managed through GoDaddy - no issues GoDaddy email accountPersonal account - using free version of one drive apple email accountDevicesPhoneSurfaceDell MicroI then decided to upgrade my personal account but made a bone head...
  7. How do I resolve a MSFT account email mix up?

How do I resolve a MSFT account email mix up?: Original accountsBusiness account - MSFT products managed through GoDaddy - no issues GoDaddy email accountPersonal account - using free version of one drive apple email accountDevicesPhoneSurfaceDell MicroI then decided to upgrade my personal account but made a bone head...
  8. Mixed up account information - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mixed up account information - Windows 10: I'm trying to help my cousin with a vexing problem on her Windows 10 computer. When she goes into the Your Info screen, she is no longer using the email address that is listed.She now uses another account a gmail account that I helped set up as a Microsoft account. How do I...
  9. Mixed up account information - Windows 10

Mixed up account information - Windows 10: I'm trying to help my cousin with a vexing problem on her Windows 10 computer. When she goes into the Your Info screen, she is no longer using the email address that is listed.She now uses another account a gmail account that I helped set up as a Microsoft account. How do I...
  10. Mixed up account information - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization