Windows 10: How do I reset this password?

Discus and support How do I reset this password? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I got this pc for Christmas before covid and used it for some games like Minecraft but shortly after it kept getting viruses that wouldn’t let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by A. User, Dec 19, 2023.

1. A. User Win User

How do I reset this password?

Hi, I got this pc for Christmas before covid and used it for some games like Minecraft but shortly after it kept getting viruses that wouldn’t let windows start up properly during covid so after a few trips to the local computer shop after lockdown was lifted, it’s finally up and working but due to not being able to be on this pc for so long i can not remember the current windows password and there is no option to ask for a reset or help of any kind.

:)

A. User, Dec 19, 2023
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 19, 2023
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 19, 2023
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 19, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I reset this password? - Similar Threads - reset password

2. password reset disk not shown in the console GUI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password reset disk not shown in the console GUI: Hello,In both the latest versions of Windows 11 and Windows 10, both 64 bit, when running "Create a password reset disk" - the app loads but it not visible in the Windows console GUI.It is show when ALT+TAB and in the task manager process tab, under "Windows host process...
  3. password reset disk not shown in the console GUI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password reset disk not shown in the console GUI: Hello,In both the latest versions of Windows 11 and Windows 10, both 64 bit, when running "Create a password reset disk" - the app loads but it not visible in the Windows console GUI.It is show when ALT+TAB and in the task manager process tab, under "Windows host process...
  4. How to factory reset laptop without parental lock password or email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset laptop without parental lock password or email: Hi. I have a Windows 10 laptop that was given to me by my ex-boyfriend about 2 years ago. He did not tell me about the parental lock that is now affecting my ability to use the laptop. I've asked numerous times in the past about the password; however, he admitted that his...
  5. How to factory reset laptop without parental lock password or email

How to factory reset laptop without parental lock password or email: Hi. I have a Windows 10 laptop that was given to me by my ex-boyfriend about 2 years ago. He did not tell me about the parental lock that is now affecting my ability to use the laptop. I've asked numerous times in the past about the password; however, he admitted that his...
  6. How to factory reset laptop without parental lock password or email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PCRepost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PCRepost: Reposting again because I think I categorized it wrong. I’ve been trying to fix my computer for weeks, ready to give up. I don’t have a usb to repair boot and I’m ready to just reset my pc, keep my files and see if that fixes it. “Choose an option” -> “troubleshoot” -> “reset...
  8. Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PCRepost

Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PCRepost: Reposting again because I think I categorized it wrong. I’ve been trying to fix my computer for weeks, ready to give up. I don’t have a usb to repair boot and I’m ready to just reset my pc, keep my files and see if that fixes it. “Choose an option” -> “troubleshoot” -> “reset...
  9. Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PCRepost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won’t let me type my password to reset PC: I’ve been trying to fix my computer for weeks, ready to give up. I don’t have a usb to repair boot and I’m ready to just reset my pc, keep my files and see if that fixes it. “Choose an option” -> “troubleshoot” -> “reset this PC” -> “Keep my files” -> “choose an account to...