Windows 10: How do I reset a password on a used laptop I bought

Discus and support How do I reset a password on a used laptop I bought in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a laptop that was used and I can't use it because it has a password on it how do I reset the password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tammy Krajci, Jul 22, 2023.

1. How do I reset a password on a used laptop I bought

I bought a laptop that was used and I can't use it because it has a password on it how do I reset the password

:)

Tammy Krajci, Jul 22, 2023
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 22, 2023
  3. reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Jul 22, 2023
  4. How do I reset a password on a used laptop I bought

reset laptop password

BTW, there's no jumper for a password reset in Windows.

DonInKansas, Jul 22, 2023
Thema:

How do I reset a password on a used laptop I bought

1. How do I reset a password on a used laptop I bought - Similar Threads - reset password used

2. How do I reset a used laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset a used laptop?: My dad bought a second hand laptop that was owned by a company. We can't get into it to reset it as it requires a login with the company email that previously owned it.I've looked at similar posts about factory resets but there is no restart option because it's at the set up...
  3. How do I reset a used laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset a used laptop?: My dad bought a second hand laptop that was owned by a company. We can't get into it to reset it as it requires a login with the company email that previously owned it.I've looked at similar posts about factory resets but there is no restart option because it's at the set up...
  4. How do I reset this password?

How do I reset this password?: Hi, I got this pc for Christmas before covid and used it for some games like Minecraft but shortly after it kept getting viruses that wouldn’t let windows start up properly during covid so after a few trips to the local computer shop after lockdown was lifted, it’s finally up...
  5. How do I reset this password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I reset this password?: Hi, I got this pc for Christmas before covid and used it for some games like Minecraft but shortly after it kept getting viruses that wouldn’t let windows start up properly during covid so after a few trips to the local computer shop after lockdown was lifted, it’s finally up...
  6. How do I reset this password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How do I reset a password on a used laptop I bought

How do I reset a password on a used laptop I bought: I bought a laptop that was used and I can't use it because it has a password on it how do I reset the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-a-password-on-a-used-laptop-i/2a316740-27f1-44e0-9370-6336d029bcaa
  8. Hello, I just bought a used Asus E40N Gen1, how do I factory reset without password or pin?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I just bought a used Asus E40N Gen1, how do I factory reset without password or pin?...: I bought this off of craigslist, and it has the lady's details on it still, I don't have the pin or password, and I need access to it, she's does not answer my phone calls now. can anybody help me with this factory reset or get access. I do appreciate your time,thankyou...
  9. Hello, I just bought a used Asus E40N Gen1, how do I factory reset without password or pin?...

Hello, I just bought a used Asus E40N Gen1, how do I factory reset without password or pin?...: I bought this off of craigslist, and it has the lady's details on it still, I don't have the pin or password, and I need access to it, she's does not answer my phone calls now. can anybody help me with this factory reset or get access. I do appreciate your time,thankyou...
  10. How do I reset my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I reset my password: Alright so, I wanna get my password back but the Account Recovery Request doesn't work well since if you tried to take a guess its gonna be unabled to verify. Using the code thingy doesn't work since it uses my old number. Please tell me how to get my password back? Also deez...