Windows 10: How do I report this fraud and get a refund?

Discus and support How do I report this fraud and get a refund? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Someone hacked into my Microsoft account and bought 5 gift cards, 2 on my credit and 3 on my debit. I called Microsoft and they told me to go to order... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Preston Scoggins, Jun 26, 2024.

1. How do I report this fraud and get a refund?

Someone hacked into my Microsoft account and bought 5 gift cards, 2 on my credit and 3 on my debit. I called Microsoft and they told me to go to order history and fill out a refund form, but I cannot find it anywhere. is there a number I can call or someone I can contact to get a refund for the unsanctioned purchases made on my account?

:)

Preston Scoggins, Jun 26, 2024
  2. BulldogXX Win User

REPORTING A FRAUD

Your state or provincial government likely has a law enforcement division that citizens are encouraged to contact to report fraud.

BulldogXX, Jun 26, 2024
  3. REPORTING A FRAUD

Hi,

It is a Scam.

Microsoft and their associated Companies, Partners, etc. will never contact you with cold-calls, popups, etc.

This is the advice given to anyone who has any phone calls, etc. like this about Malware, License Expiry, etc.

We all have errors and warnings in our event viewer, which is another ploy they use to scare you

These so-called "Microsoft" Tech Companies either want to sell you worthless software, or gain Remote Access to your Computer to try and steal your Banking and Credit Card details and to also carry out an Indentity Theft on you.

You are the only one who knows if you have given them Remote Access.

If you have given them Remote Access and if you do Internet Banking, contact your Bank, explain it to them and change Passwords.

If you use your Credit Card online, cancel it and get a new one issued to you.

And the only way that you willl know that you are free of them is to save your Data and do a clean install of your Operating System.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

And Microsoft does not contact you, unless YOU have made prior arrangements with them to do so.

There is a section in the link I am supplying you about this at the end of it

Read this Microsoft Information:

"Avoid tech support phone scams"

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information.

Here are some of the organizations that cybercriminals claim to be from:

• Windows Helpdesk

• Windows Service Center

• Microsoft Tech Support

• Microsoft Support

• Windows Technical Department Support Group

• Microsoft Research and Development Team (Microsoft R & D Team)
    Report phone scams

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jun 26, 2024
  4. Elliot S Win User

How do I report this fraud and get a refund?

Refund for App

Hello lj80,

If you purchased the application yourself, we are unable to provide a refund for that purchase. If the purchase was not made by you, please contact your financial institution to report the fraud so that they can handle the claim with our fraud department.
    Otherwise, being as there is no way for us to retrieve the product that you have acquired, there is also no way to provide a refund for an application.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Elliot S, Jun 26, 2024
Thema:

How do I report this fraud and get a refund?

1. How do I report this fraud and get a refund? - Similar Threads - report fraud refund

2. Fraud-refund

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fraud-refund: Hi. I had 3 orders as a fraud in the same time. Somwhow i reported here as a fraud, asked for return. Paypal cancelled all of the payments but my bank still took my money. How can i get my money back as i've done nothing wrong? I dont know who to contact as i cannot find any...
  3. Fraud-refund

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fraud-refund: Hi. I had 3 orders as a fraud in the same time. Somwhow i reported here as a fraud, asked for return. Paypal cancelled all of the payments but my bank still took my money. How can i get my money back as i've done nothing wrong? I dont know who to contact as i cannot find any...
  4. How do I report a fraud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I report a fraud?: How do I report fraud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-report-a-fraud/c66d2b05-2aa5-49f5-8e39-5288ab62aede
  5. How do I report a fraud?

How do I report a fraud?: How do I report fraud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-report-a-fraud/c66d2b05-2aa5-49f5-8e39-5288ab62aede
  6. How do I report this fraud and get a refund?

How do I report this fraud and get a refund?: Someone hacked into my Microsoft account and bought 5 gift cards, 2 on my credit and 3 on my debit. I called Microsoft and they told me to go to order history and fill out a refund form, but I cannot find it anywhere. is there a number I can call or someone I can contact to...
  7. How do I report this fraud and get a refund?

How do I report this fraud and get a refund?: Someone hacked into my Microsoft account and bought 5 gift cards, 2 on my credit and 3 on my debit. I called Microsoft and they told me to go to order history and fill out a refund form, but I cannot find it anywhere. is there a number I can call or someone I can contact to...
  8. How do I report fraud on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I report fraud on my account: There were fraudulent charges on my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-report-fraud-on-my-account/5a00d6b6-d905-49ff-8b58-304d8d4b9f9c
  9. How do I report fraud on my account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I report fraud on my account: There were fraudulent charges on my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-report-fraud-on-my-account/5a00d6b6-d905-49ff-8b58-304d8d4b9f9c
  10. how do I report scam or a fraud situation

how do I report scam or a fraud situation: I think theses same people have scammed me before and are trying to do it again how do I FILE A REPORT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-report-scam-or-a-fraud-situation/45fc9f00-e1ab-4d76-af7f-ea80c4786e79