Windows 10: How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

Discus and support How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Somehow the toolbar "Desktop" that you can display on the taskbar has become populated with shortcuts that I did not add, and that don't actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sts666, Jun 16, 2023.

1. sts666 Win User

How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

Somehow the toolbar "Desktop" that you can display on the taskbar has become populated with shortcuts that I did not add, and that don't actually appear on my desktop - I've spent hours searching for where the "Desktop Toolbar" stores it's data and cannot find the real answer. Most articles say it's a combo of your user account's desktop and the Public Desktop, but that's not true - I looked in both and I don't see the extra and unwanted links. For instance, there's an item that's not a a shortcut or link - when I open it's properties the entire dialog box is empty - how do I get rid of that i

:)

sts666, Jun 16, 2023
Thema:

How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

1. How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10? - Similar Threads - remove shortcuts links

2. How do you remove an image of a link on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you remove an image of a link on the desktop: Hello,my problem is that somehow after every reboot an image of a link appears on my desktop. The reboot makes it go away for max one hour and then it's there again. My research showed that there is nothing on the internet resembling my problem.If anyone know how to fix this...
  3. How do you remove an image of a link on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you remove an image of a link on the desktop: Hello,my problem is that somehow after every reboot an image of a link appears on my desktop. The reboot makes it go away for max one hour and then it's there again. My research showed that there is nothing on the internet resembling my problem.If anyone know how to fix this...
  4. How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?: Somehow the toolbar "Desktop" that you can display on the taskbar has become populated with shortcuts that I did not add, and that don't actually appear on my desktop - I've spent hours searching for where the "Desktop Toolbar" stores it's data and cannot find the real...
  5. How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove shortcuts or links in the taskbar desktop in Win10?: Somehow the toolbar "Desktop" that you can display on the taskbar has become populated with shortcuts that I did not add, and that don't actually appear on my desktop - I've spent hours searching for where the "Desktop Toolbar" stores it's data and cannot find the real...
  6. How do I remove a non-shortcut file from desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove a non-shortcut file from desktop?: I don't want to delete the file, just move it somewhere else that is not on the desktop. The file in question is not a shortcut, it is the actual file. Any help with this would be great....
  7. How do I remove desktop shortcuts help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove desktop shortcuts help: HELP submitted by /u/sallaD_funi_man [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3gv93/how_do_i_remove_desktop_shortcuts_help/
  8. How do I remove desktop folder shortcut from desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove desktop folder shortcut from desktop?: Hi, I know the title might sound a bit confusing, but basically I accidently dragged out the desktop shortcut from the quick access bar to my desktop and it now created a folder saying Desktop (similar to say, going to the control panel>personalisation>change desktop icons...
  9. How do I remove the shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove the shortcut arrows: Using Win 10 single language home version. How do I remove the little shortcut arrows from the desktop icons? Tried the regedit tutorial creating new shell with file 29, but it just created little black boxes where the shortcut arrows were so I had to remove it. 36304
  10. How do you remove "Shortcut" text from link

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you remove "Shortcut" text from link: The Windows 7 registry mod to remove the "Shortcut" text from shortcut links does not seem to work in Windows 10 Build 1074. Is there a mod for Windows 10 to remove "Shortcut" text from links? 5822