Windows 10: How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...

Discus and support How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect version of Excel? This massively annoying message pops up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sheepgal, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Sheepgal Win User

How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...

How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect version of Excel? This massively annoying message pops up between every sheet when I am using this workbook. There also seems to be a connection between this and protecting each sheet as I am working on in the workbook. It seems like there should be a simple solution to this but I have yet to find it in my research. I am using Windows 10.For whatever reason, I cannot get a screen shot to upload here also annoying but the pop-up message begins as such: You are not running Excel 2003, the version ne

:)

Sheepgal, Feb 10, 2024

2. "Excel 2016" App icon still in app list after uninstalling

Hi Averen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing with Windows 10. Do not worry. We'll be glad to help you in resolving this issue.

What happens when you click on the Excel 2016 App icon?

Try Removing Apps From The All Apps List by following the below steps.

Step 1: Right-click on Excel 2016 from All Apps List > Click on
    More > Open file location.

Step 2: After clicking Open file location, a new File Explorer window will appear showing you the application shortcut, so you may want to delete that shortcut,
    restart the computer once, and check for the issue.

Alternatively, you may also press the Windows and R keys > Type or copy/paste the following command and hit
    Enter.

%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Then, look for Excel 2016 shortcut and delete it. Once deleted, restart the computer once, and check for the issue.

If you are still facing the same issue, I would suggest you to post a Screenshot
    of the Apps list, where you are seeing the Excel shortcut.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 10, 2024
  3. Can't remove pinned office applications

My laptop is a Dell Precision 7510, running Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprice 64bit (10.0.15063 Build 15063) and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (1701 Build 7766.2092).

My problem is, that beside some useful apps on my taskbar, office has also pinned Word, Excel and PowerPoint. I would like to remove these 3 pinned apps. When unpinning them, they actually disappear, but after next restart (or restart of explorer.exe) they reaper as if nothing had happened.

I have tried following this "guide":
    Redirecting

I have seen the above suggestion posted on several sites, but unfortunately it doesn't help in my case.

When executing the script (or preforming the steps manually) all is removed, but after explorer.exe restart below icons always reaper:

• File Explorer
    • Internet Explorer
    • Outlook 2016
    • PowerPoint 2016
    • Word 2016
    • Excel 2016

Other apps pinned at the time is removed as intended.

Does anyone have a suggestion to how I can remove these unwanted office apps from my taskbar? And why do above list or apps reapear after deleting them from both the %APPDATA% folder and REGEDIT?

Thanks in advance.

Henrik Nielsen, Feb 10, 2024
  4. Vince R. Win User

How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...

Excel 2016 freezes

Hello! merlinuwe1

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

There could be several reasons why Excel 2016 freezes when running under Windows 10. Allow me to ask:

• Is this happening to all other devices? or just specific device?
    • What error message are you getting?
    • Is this happening to all other Office applications?

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check for updates: Make sure that both Excel 2016 and Windows 10 are up to date with the latest updates and patches.

2. Disable add-ins: Sometimes, add-ins can cause Excel to freeze. Try disabling all add-ins and see if the issue persists.

3. Repair Office: Try repairing the Office installation to fix any corrupted files that may be causing the issue.

4. Disable hardware acceleration: Go to File > Options > Advanced and under the Display section, check the box for "Disable hardware graphics acceleration". This can sometimes fix freezing issues.

5. Check for conflicting software: Make sure that there are no other software programs running that may be conflicting with Excel.

I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Vince

Microsoft Community Moderator

Vince R., Feb 10, 2024
Thema:

1. How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect... - Similar Threads - remove pop Excel

2. How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...: How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect version of Excel? This massively annoying message pops up between every sheet when I am using this workbook. There also seems to be a connection between this and protecting each sheet...
  3. How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect...: How do I remove a pop-up in Excel 2016 Desktop that warns me that I am using the incorrect version of Excel? This massively annoying message pops up between every sheet when I am using this workbook. There also seems to be a connection between this and protecting each sheet...
  4. How do I stop this pop up?

How do I stop this pop up?: I'm on windows 11 and keep getting a constant pop up for Windows Security, "workplace or school account connecting to ... enter username and password. I have removed the school account from Microsoft Edge and there is no such account when I go to Settings -> Accounts ->...
  5. help how do i remove pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    help how do i remove pop ups: Hi Greg I puchased microsoft laptop 2020 and still cant get rid of mc fee pop ups and never installed this as use Trend. How do i get rid of these annoying pop ups I'm so frustrated. HELP ! Simple steps needed please...
  6. How do I delete a pop-up?

How do I delete a pop-up?: When I move a file from my PC to my USB drive started this morning & then try to move it into a folder on the USB drive I get a pop-up .. .. .. THESE FILES MIGHT BE HARMFUL TO YOUR COMPUTER .. .. .. I googled .. I You Tubed .. I followed the instructions .. all goes well...
  7. How do i remove McAfee fres-news pop-up?

How do i remove McAfee fres-news pop-up?: [ATTACH] This is damaging my computer. How can I make them stop! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-mcafee-fres-news-pop-up/a6934a45-3b96-4501-9d99-0cb027be52fa
  8. i am sick of this pop ups.

i am sick of this pop ups.: please help with these pop ups. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-sick-of-this-pop-ups/8b0d2f3d-0d2f-4540-b19a-fd04046d7e68"
  9. How do I remove pop-ups?

How do I remove pop-ups?: How do I remove pop-ups from my desk top? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-pop-ups/c509f15e-b00e-45a1-baf6-0d528d9981c9"
  10. How do I get rid of Facebook desktop pop-ups

How do I get rid of Facebook desktop pop-ups: I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and now I get a pop-up whenever I get a new Facebook message. This pop up shows the whole message near the action centre. I have tried disabling every notification setting on my computer and I don't have the Facebook app. How do I turn...