Windows 10: How do I remove a persistent fake-virus alert popup?

Discus and support How do I remove a persistent fake-virus alert popup? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I remove a persistent fake-virus alert popup?I've got a Surface Go 4 running Windows 11 in my family where today the user clicked "allow" on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sammy Sounder, Sep 23, 2024 at 10:57 PM.

1. How do I remove a persistent fake-virus alert popup?

How do I remove a persistent fake-virus alert popup?I've got a Surface Go 4 running Windows 11 in my family where today the user clicked "allow" on a popup message she got asking about cookies or something while browsing in Edge. Since then, the PC gets a popup in the lower right corner. She got maybe 15 different versions of the popup. It stays on-screen for 10 to 30 seconds, then goes away without clicking on anything. The next will pop up in 5 seconds to 5 or more minutes. Headings include "McAfee logo Virus Alert", "Windows logo Sytem Damaged!", "microsoft logo "Microsoft Windows Def

:)

Sammy Sounder, Sep 23, 2024 at 10:57 PM
  2. Fabler2 Win User

Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

Check that the tab it starts with is unpinned. When that site opens click the lock icon in address bar and block notifications. Just some suggestions.

How do I remove a persistent fake-virus alert popup? 277586d1588679838t-fake-virus-alert-popups-edge-browser-screenshot_8.png

3. Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

How do you guys get rid of those nuisance Fake Virus Alert Popups with the Edge browser?
    Usually you can just press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select Task Manager and end the Edge process. But Ive noticed that when you start Edge up again from the taskbar it automatically opens up the last page that was previously opened. If that was one of those Scareware Fake Virus popup alerts, then Im presuming you would be stuck in a loop as it would just open the Fake Virus Alert popup page up again that you are trying to get rid of. I have Edge set to Open Microsoft Edge with the Start Page but in this case that makes no difference whatsoever. As a test Ive just tried closing down a webpage using Task Manager to close Edge with End Task. I rebooted the PC and even then Edge opens up the webpage that was previously force closed using Task Manager

4. How do I remove a persistent fake-virus alert popup?

Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

Hi guys. These all seem like drastic measures to take. I was hoping someone might have come across this situation in Edge themselves.
    A scareware Fake Virus Alert hasn't yet appeared but Ive just started using the Edge browser and I know you do get them from time to time.
    With Internet Explorer Ive always used Task Manager to close the browser down as that's always been the recommended way to stop it in its tracks before it can infect your PC. Task Manager in Edge seems to behave slightly differently than it does in Internet Explorer though. When opening IE again after closing the browser with Task Manager you get a message asking if you wanted to carry on browsing where you left off. You then just select No and that's it ..end of Fake Virus Alert popup as the popup window isn't reloaded. With Edge though you don't seem to get that choice. Edge automatically loads the previously loaded tab so Im guessing that that will include the Fake Virus alert popup.
    Like I said..not a problem at the moment but Im trying to arm myself with the solution when I eventually do see one of those nuisance Fake popups

Thema:

How do I remove a persistent fake-virus alert popup?

1. How do I remove a persistent fake-virus alert popup? - Similar Threads - remove persistent fake

2. How do I remove a persistent fake-virus alert popup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove a persistent fake-virus alert popup?: How do I remove a persistent fake-virus alert popup?I've got a Surface Go 4 running Windows 11 in my family where today the user clicked "allow" on a popup message she got asking about cookies or something while browsing in Edge. Since then, the PC gets a popup in the lower...
  3. Popup from Mcafee is fake and I do not know how to rid this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popup from Mcafee is fake and I do not know how to rid this.: Popup from Mcafee is fake and is very annoying for my wife. Please help and I do not know how to rid this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popup-from-mcafee-is-fake-and-i-do-not-know-how-to/b3505ea7-a86e-4ca8-b2c0-600a804f8891
  4. How do i get rid of popup false virus alerts in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get rid of popup false virus alerts in Windows 11?: My system is clean of viruses and malware[ I have done many scans] but the false alerts continue on the right side of whatever windows is open. I tied to kill the browser process but the alert stays even on my desktop. Is there a way to stop notifications in Windows?...
  5. How do i get rid of popup false virus alerts in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get rid of popup false virus alerts in Windows 11?: My system is clean of viruses and malware[ I have done many scans] but the false alerts continue on the right side of whatever windows is open. I tied to kill the browser process but the alert stays even on my desktop. Is there a way to stop notifications in Windows?...
  6. how do i get rid of fake virus alerts on Microsoft edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i get rid of fake virus alerts on Microsoft edge: how do i stop fake microsoft edge virus alerts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-fake-virus-alerts-on-microsoft/db44a690-9627-41a0-8c34-e1389d059b5b
  7. Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser: How do you guys get rid of those nuisance Fake Virus Alert Popups with the Edge browser? Usually you can just press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select Task Manager and end the Edge process. But Ive noticed that when you start Edge up again from the taskbar it automatically...
  8. Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser: How do you guys get rid of those nuisance Fake Virus Alert Popups with the Edge browser? Usually you can just press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select Task Manager and end the Edge process. But Ive noticed that when you start Edge up again from the taskbar it automatically...
  9. how do I remove security alert popup from Windows10

how do I remove security alert popup from Windows10: this popup keeps coming back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-security-alert-popup-from/50fc6ec1-9128-41b6-96d8-2b79d51cf2f1"
  10. How do I remove email alerts

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove email alerts: How do I remove email alerts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-email-alerts/f94703ab-7f1e-427d-a7af-eb49fdc46ab4