Windows 10: How do I Remove a Local Copy of Windows 11 Professional Logon?

Discus and support How do I Remove a Local Copy of Windows 11 Professional Logon? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two Windows 11 Professional logons. Passwords are required for both. However the password only works for the one I want. As the other was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Oz Strine, Jul 2, 2024 at 5:17 AM.

1. Oz Strine Win User

How do I Remove a Local Copy of Windows 11 Professional Logon?

I have two Windows 11 Professional logons. Passwords are required for both. However the password only works for the one I want. As the other was a local copy, when I couldn't get onto the internet. I want to delete the local logon, but I can't find where it is. It's not in User Accounts. Is there something that I should find in start up manager or elsewhere that I should look for and delete? I don't want to play with the registry/command prompt, if possible. Thanks Guys.

:)

2. Remove local account from welcome screen?

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Safe Mode.

I suggest you to restart your computer in Safe Mode and check if the issue persist.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    For more information refer to the below link:

How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure - Microsoft Support

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

If issue persist, I suggest you to refer method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to login from your Microsoft account and try to remove the local account.

To remove the local account, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• On the pop up window type netplwiz and hit enter.

• From the pop up window select the account you want to remove.

• Hit remove.
    Disclaimer: Removing the user account may lead to data loss.

Hope this solves the issue, please let us know if the issue still exists. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you

JuzarAli1709, Jul 2, 2024 at 5:23 AM
  3. New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jul 2, 2024 at 5:23 AM
  4. How do I Remove a Local Copy of Windows 11 Professional Logon?

unable to remove windows logon password

unable to remove windows logon password

went to control panel user accounts and there is no longer a ' remove password ' option as with windows 7

i changed the settings to ' not require a password on logon' but made no difference at all

it now boots saying password wrong, until I enter a password then all ok...

MS suggest adding a new account and logging in with that without a password then deleting the old one.....

does not not work as the add account is greyed out.

cant see why this is so difficult..

as as a side issue since trying to remove the windows logon password I am now presented on boot up with an OS choice wi cows 10 or 7.... I am certain this wasn't there before..

any my help would be appreciated
    thanks

reddwarf4ever, Jul 2, 2024 at 5:23 AM
Thema:

How do I Remove a Local Copy of Windows 11 Professional Logon?

1. How do I Remove a Local Copy of Windows 11 Professional Logon? - Similar Threads - Remove Local Copy

2. How do I Remove a Local Copy of Windows 11 Professional Logon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Remove a Local Copy of Windows 11 Professional Logon?: I have two Windows 11 Professional logons. Passwords are required for both. However the password only works for the one I want. As the other was a local copy, when I couldn't get onto the internet. I want to delete the local logon, but I can't find where it is. It's not in...
  3. How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11: I log in to Windows 11 with a local account. My personal email address is associated with this local account and I want to remove it, because the device is for work. How do I do that? It's the outlook.com one in the image....
  4. How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove an email address from a local account in Windows 11: I log in to Windows 11 with a local account. My personal email address is associated with this local account and I want to remove it, because the device is for work. How do I do that? It's the outlook.com one in the image....
  5. How do i switch to professional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i switch to professional: This is my 1st time building a pc and i accdentially downloaded windows home instead of windows 10 pro and i dont know what to do since i dont have a product key on hereright now it says windows 10 home but its not activated someone please help...
  6. How do i switch to professional

How do i switch to professional: This is my 1st time building a pc and i accdentially downloaded windows home instead of windows 10 pro and i dont know what to do since i dont have a product key on hereright now it says windows 10 home but its not activated someone please help...
  7. how do I remove logon password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I remove logon password: how do I remove the logon password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-logon-password/b7488b4c-e66b-4fbd-89bc-8250387a708d
  8. how do I remove logon password

how do I remove logon password: how do I remove the logon password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-logon-password/b7488b4c-e66b-4fbd-89bc-8250387a708d
  9. how do I remove logon password

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. how do I remove second account from logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do I remove second account from logon screen: I have 2 accounts on logon screen but only one in settings users. Please can anyone explain why this is so? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-second-account-from-logon-screen/c969ddc1-35a5-4237-9d73-21130cd51c25