Windows 10: How do I re-activate Windows 11 after using LapLink PCMover to transfer files from old PC...

Discus and support How do I re-activate Windows 11 after using LapLink PCMover to transfer files from old PC... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed LapLink PCMover to move the entire contents from one PC laptop to a new PC laptop essentially a mirror operation. I followed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nona Roberts, Jul 14, 2024.

1. How do I re-activate Windows 11 after using LapLink PCMover to transfer files from old PC...

I installed LapLink PCMover to move the entire contents from one PC laptop to a new PC laptop essentially a mirror operation. I followed the instructions implicitly and everything transferred, but now Windows 11 on the new laptop requires activation with a product key, I don't know what to do. Without activation, MS Office and just about every app that came from Microsoft will not run.

:)

Nona Roberts, Jul 14, 2024

2. Laplink PCmover - Aftermath

I recently purchased a Dell desktop XPS). Upon receipt everything was fine as far staring the new computer, etc. So I decided to use the laplink PCmover Pro program that was offered by Dell. I initiated the process, doing all the preliminary things that
    PCmover suggested, disabling scheduled tasks, the firewall, etc.. on both computers followed by selecting the "entire planet option" (which was the recommended option). After about 72 hours the transfer was complete and reports were provided. Bottom line:
    PCmover said that everything had been successful. Great. THEN I went through their wrap it up process, which included a restart --- BANG! The end. Blue screen of death and a never-ending loop of attempted restarts with the periodic error message of: "INACCESSIBLE
    BOOT DRIVE." So, after reading the various reasons for this error message - one of them being the (sometimes) consequences of a Windows 10 update (which I had just performed prior to using PCmover, as suggested by PCmover). At the same time there is all
    this stuff about corrupted drivers, change in apps, blah-blah-blah.

That said, here's my question: Is it more likely that I should blame Microsoft for this issue, or PCmover?

Thanks in advance - John

Cousin Johnny, Jul 14, 2024
  3. Transfer all files from old PC to new one

Windows Easy Transfer is not available in Windows 10

• But now for the good news: Microsoft has partnered with Laplink to bring you

PCmover Express
      – a tool for transferring selected files, folders and more from your old Windows PC to your new Windows 10 PC. And even more good news – it’s free!

Mike Hall... always, Jul 14, 2024
  4. How do I re-activate Windows 11 after using LapLink PCMover to transfer files from old PC...

transfer files to new windows 10 computer from old windows 7 computer

Windows Easy Transfer is not available in Windows 10

Content provided by Microsoft

Applies to: Windows 10

• However, Microsoft has partnered with Laplink to bring you
      PCmover Express
      —a tool for transferring selected files, folders, and more from your old Windows PC to your new Windows 10 PC.

dawsonville hotmail, Jul 14, 2024
Thema:

How do I re-activate Windows 11 after using LapLink PCMover to transfer files from old PC...

1. How do I re-activate Windows 11 after using LapLink PCMover to transfer files from old PC... - Similar Threads - activate using LapLink

2. How do I re-activate Windows 11 after using LapLink PCMover to transfer files from old PC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I re-activate Windows 11 after using LapLink PCMover to transfer files from old PC...: I installed LapLink PCMover to move the entire contents from one PC laptop to a new PC laptop essentially a mirror operation. I followed the instructions implicitly and everything transferred, but now Windows 11 on the new laptop requires activation with a product key, I...
  3. How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC

How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC: How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-my-programs-and-files-from-an/3e8ddba5-3534-465d-b4ee-b6f4dd31ff19
  4. How do I transfer old files to a new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer old files to a new pc?: So I got my PC reset, and i'm trying to get my old files back even though I don't have the old pc. I do have the account of my old pc, but how do I sync the files to the new one? Or is it not possible???...
  5. How do I transfer old files to a new pc?

How do I transfer old files to a new pc?: So I got my PC reset, and i'm trying to get my old files back even though I don't have the old pc. I do have the account of my old pc, but how do I sync the files to the new one? Or is it not possible???...
  6. How to transfer files from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to transfer files from old PC to new PC: Okay, so I am stuck with this laptop for 7 years and my parents doesn't get me a new one. I'm planning to get the Acer Aspire 3 (AMD) but I am stuck with a question: "How Do I migrate my files/My entire installation?" Answers? Windows 10 1903 (Home single language 64,...
  7. Laplink PCmover - Aftermath

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laplink PCmover - Aftermath: I recently purchased a Dell desktop XPS. Upon receipt everything was fine as far staring the new computer, etc. So I decided to use the laplink PCmover Pro program that was offered by Dell. I initiated the process, doing all the preliminary things that PCmover suggested,...
  8. User setup using PCMover to transfer data to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User setup using PCMover to transfer data to new PC: I have noticed the following after I have transferred data/programs using PCMover: On my old machine I had 1 user (B) containing ALL, SYSTEM, Administrators (X), Users (X\Users).(Plus standard Default and Public. (Disks C, D/E, F/G on 1 SSD/HDD combi and 2 HDD's) After I...
  9. Laplink transfers

Laplink transfers: When you move a program from C: to D: ,and a later update comes out, that could be a problem. The update would be looking for C: when the software is on D: Any way around this? 113559
  10. A word of warning about Laplink PCmover Pro

A word of warning about Laplink PCmover Pro: If you decide to buy this product then just be aware that it is sold with a single use licence. So you get one shot at transferring your settings and apps across a reset or fresh install of Windows. If you're looking at this product as a means to facilitate resets or fresh...