Windows 10: How do I re-activate Windows 10 after upgrading my PC hardware?

Discus and support How do I re-activate Windows 10 after upgrading my PC hardware? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Background: I bought a physical copy of Windows 8 back in 2015 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free since then. Unfortunately, I cannot find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by S. Crump, Oct 24, 2023.

1. S. Crump Win User

How do I re-activate Windows 10 after upgrading my PC hardware?

Background: I bought a physical copy of Windows 8 back in 2015 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free since then. Unfortunately, I cannot find the physical paper with the product key. Windows has been running fine on my computer all these years, even after I previously changed out all the parts a few years ago. Recent Problem: Error Code 0x004F211I upgraded my parts again a week ago, including new processor and motherboard, but the same SSD with Windows 10. Since I've turned it on with the new parts, my computer keeps telling me that I need to activate Windows, and there is a watermark that won't

:)

S. Crump, Oct 24, 2023
  2. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, Oct 24, 2023
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From Why can't I activate Windows? - Microsoft Support

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      How do I re-activate Windows 10 after upgrading my PC hardware? [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Oct 24, 2023
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 24, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I re-activate Windows 10 after upgrading my PC hardware? - Similar Threads - activate upgrading hardware

2. How do I re-activate Windows 10 after upgrading my PC hardware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I re-activate Windows 10 after upgrading my PC hardware?: Background: I bought a physical copy of Windows 8 back in 2015 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free since then. Unfortunately, I cannot find the physical paper with the product key. Windows has been running fine on my computer all these years, even after I previously changed...
  3. How do I re-activate Windows 10 after upgrading my PC hardware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-activate Windows 10 after upgrading my PC hardware?: Background: I bought a physical copy of Windows 8 back in 2015 and upgraded to Windows 10 for free since then. Unfortunately, I cannot find the physical paper with the product key. Windows has been running fine on my computer all these years, even after I previously changed...
  4. Re-Activation after hardware upgrade not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Activation after hardware upgrade not working: I build my computer over a decade ago. I had upgraded from XP to 7 pro, to 8 pro, to 10 pro. The issue I have is that I had a working computer last week. I decided to upgrade my 6-year-old computer to a new motherboard/CPU/Memory because it was time.Saturday I bought a new...
  5. Re-Activation after hardware upgrade not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-Activation after hardware upgrade not working: I build my computer over a decade ago. I had upgraded from XP to 7 pro, to 8 pro, to 10 pro. The issue I have is that I had a working computer last week. I decided to upgrade my 6-year-old computer to a new motherboard/CPU/Memory because it was time.Saturday I bought a new...
  6. Re-Activation after hardware upgrade not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How do I re-activate windows 10 after hardware changes.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I re-activate windows 10 after hardware changes.: Ok, so I upgraded my rig and switched my motherboard amongst other things in my setup. I re-installed win10 via USB and chose "I don't have a product key" and carried on as it was what many tutorials said to do. I fiddle with my new setup after everything finishes and I...
  8. Re-activating free windows 10 upgrade after hardware upgrade

Re-activating free windows 10 upgrade after hardware upgrade: Hi, I upgraded to W10 way back when the free upgrade was being offered. I recently got a new PC but kept my existing SSD with W10 on. It's suddenly decided my copy of W10 isn't activated/genuine. I've read through all the guides and done all the recommended troubleshooting...
  9. Windows 10 re-activation after hardware upgrade

Windows 10 re-activation after hardware upgrade: I purchased a retail copy of Windows 7 many years ago and upgraded to Windows 10 when it was offered, which granted me a digital license. Recently, I upgraded my motherboard and CPU. But, before I did this I linked my upgraded Windows 10 to my Microsoft account so that after...
  10. How to re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade?

How to re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade?: Hi, I have a (legit) copy of Windows 10 and I've just upgraded my PC's motherboard and GPU. Windows is telling me that I need to activate again my license. When I choose the "I've recently upgrade my hardware" option, I'm redirected to the Windows store to buy a new copy of...