Windows 10: How do i properly upgrade my C drive.

Discus and support How do i properly upgrade my C drive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If i copy all of my files from my c drive into my d drive then remove the actual c drive and install 2T would that safely keep every thing intact in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Adrian Ruiz2, Jul 20, 2024.

1. How do i properly upgrade my C drive.

If i copy all of my files from my c drive into my d drive then remove the actual c drive and install 2T would that safely keep every thing intact in my D drive.

:)

Adrian Ruiz2, Jul 20, 2024
  2. Jacee Win User

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Jul 20, 2024
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    What's eating up my \C: drive?

From the list above you haven't used storage sense or disk clean.
    $GetCurrent is upgrade files which can be cleared with either .

for
    • Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break key to open System and choose System protection.
    • Step 2: Select the hard disk whose system protection is on, and click Configure.
    • Step 3: Tap the Delete button.
    • Step 4: Choose Continue to remove all restore points on the selected drive.
    restore points (system volume)

thomaseg1, Jul 20, 2024
  4. How do i properly upgrade my C drive.

My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Jul 20, 2024
Thema:

How do i properly upgrade my C drive.

1. How do i properly upgrade my C drive. - Similar Threads - properly upgrade drive

2. How do i properly upgrade my C drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i properly upgrade my C drive.: If i copy all of my files from my c drive into my d drive then remove the actual c drive and install 2T would that safely keep every thing intact in my D drive....
  3. How do i properly upgrade my C drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i properly upgrade my C drive.: If i copy all of my files from my c drive into my d drive then remove the actual c drive and install 2T would that safely keep every thing intact in my D drive....
  4. How do I expand the space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I expand the space on my C drive?: I am trying to expand space on my C Drive, but in management the extend volume prompt is not available and is grayed out. I have a lot of unallocated space, but it won’t let me extend the volume on the C drive....
  5. How do I expand the space on my C drive?

How do I expand the space on my C drive?: I am trying to expand space on my C Drive, but in management the extend volume prompt is not available and is grayed out. I have a lot of unallocated space, but it won’t let me extend the volume on the C drive....
  6. How do I extend my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I extend my C drive: My Extend Volume is grayed out for the C drive and I tried shrinking the D drive and now have unallocated Space but it’s still grayed out I read that the unallocated space has to be adjacent to it but when i shrink from the D drive to it becomes adjacent to D drive not the c...
  7. How do I extend my C drive

How do I extend my C drive: My Extend Volume is grayed out for the C drive and I tried shrinking the D drive and now have unallocated Space but it’s still grayed out I read that the unallocated space has to be adjacent to it but when i shrink from the D drive to it becomes adjacent to D drive not the c...
  8. how do i extend the size of my c drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i extend the size of my c drive: How do i extend the size of my c drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-the-size-of-my-c-drive/c8e9ba0c-8e7e-4097-9643-f64e3eb90be9
  9. How do I extend my C drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I extend my C drive?: I have two partitions in my laptop - C (100 gigs) & D (400 gigs). Can I use Win 10 disk management to 'shrink volume' in D say 200 gigs and then use extend volume in C to add the available space to C drive? Do I need to backup my existing data in D and C before performing the...
  10. How do I upgrade small SSD to larger SSD for C drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I upgrade small SSD to larger SSD for C drive?: Hi, I need to upgrade my C drive from 256GB to 1TB. (both are SSD) I want to use Macrium Reflect Free Edition. Can I just create a system image onto an external drive, swap the drives, and reboot to restore the 256GB image onto the new 1TB drive? (instead of having both...