Windows 10: How do I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing AMD Graphics Drivers?

Discus and support How do I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing AMD Graphics Drivers? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 Home - Windows Update automatically installs drivers for AMD Graphics cards. These drivers are worse than the AMD drivers and they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yulbright Yu, Jun 17, 2023.

1. How do I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing AMD Graphics Drivers?

Windows 11 Home - Windows Update automatically installs drivers for AMD Graphics cards. These drivers are worse than the AMD drivers and they continually cause my system to freeze. How do I prevent this? I already said "No" in device installation settings. I don't have access to group policy in this Windows version.

:)

Yulbright Yu, Jun 17, 2023

2. Windows Update deletes AMD graphics drivers

Hello. I have a Lenovo Yoga 6 with a Ryzen 7 5700U CPU. I want to install AMD Radeon software to get the latest AMD graphics drivers. I am able to install the graphics drivers from AMD fine. However, once I do, Radeon software stops working since it says the driver is not supported. I look in Windows Update history to see that Windows Update installed an older AMD graphics driver over the one that AMD installed. I also noticed that the screen brightness slider is gone after. I want to have the latest AMD graphics driver, not the Windows Update one.

I tried going into the system properties settings and selected the choice to not install manufacturer drivers. I also used DDU with the setting to prevent Windows Update from installing it. I then reinstalled the AMD driver. Windows Update immediately went and installed over it again. I can try to pause Windows Update, but I do not want to not get other updates just so I do not have to use older graphics drivers. Is there anything I can do to have the correct graphics drivers?

SirMonkeyV, Jun 17, 2023
  3. shadow85 Win User
    Why cannot prevent W10 from automatically installing updates?

Why does W10 keep automatically installing my Nvidia graphics drivers?

I have done all the 3 steps here:
    https://windows101tricks.com/disable...river-updates/

to try and prevent windows from automatically installing device drivers, but every time I uninstall the Nvidia graphics drivers and the computer restarts, Windows will always automatically install a driver for it.

This is making me fume!

Could someone please tell me is there another way to actually stop Windows 10 Pro 1809 form automatically installing device drivers?

shadow85, Jun 17, 2023
Thema:

How do I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing AMD Graphics Drivers?

1. How do I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing AMD Graphics Drivers? - Similar Threads - prevent Update automatically

2. How do I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing AMD Graphics Drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent Windows Update from automatically installing AMD Graphics Drivers?: Windows 11 Home - Windows Update automatically installs drivers for AMD Graphics cards. These drivers are worse than the AMD drivers and they continually cause my system to freeze. How do I prevent this? I already said "No" in device installation settings. I don't have access...
  3. How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics?: How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-windows-update-from-automatically/3c934d4b-9bb8-4dea-af16-47e786f64575
  4. How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics?

How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics?: How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-windows-update-from-automatically/3c934d4b-9bb8-4dea-af16-47e786f64575
  5. Prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?: Hi allI have a very specific computer setup which requires me to install specific drivers. Unfortunately, Windows constantly installs drivers which I do not want.There are written articles which can be found through a simple web search, but absolutely none of them work. I...
  6. Prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?

Prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?: Hi allI have a very specific computer setup which requires me to install specific drivers. Unfortunately, Windows constantly installs drivers which I do not want.There are written articles which can be found through a simple web search, but absolutely none of them work. I...
  7. How to prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?: Hello all, I’ve been trying to tackle this issue all day and it’s starting to drive me mad. I was troubleshooting something else on my system and I realized that I have a piece of hardware that has never been installed correctly. This is the device I’m trying I’m trying to...
  8. How can I prevent my graphics driver from updating?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How can I prevent my graphics driver from updating?: I have a Dell Inspiron 7373 and have an issue where the computer can't wake the display after it times out. I have spent months and many posts on here and bleeping computer and all resolutions suggested do not work - this is a known issue and I have found a hopeful...
  9. How can I prevent my graphics driver from updating?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I prevent my graphics driver from updating?: I have a Dell Inspiron 7373 and have an issue where the computer can't wake the display after it times out. I have spent months and many posts on here and bleeping computer and all resolutions suggested do not work - this is a known issue and I have found a hopeful...
  10. How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?: I have an issue where Intel Management Interface Engine driver is preventing my laptop from hibernating or shutting down, I mean, the system just comes back to lock screen instead of turning off. If you search the web, you'll see this driver is well known to cause this issue,...