Windows 10: how do i move onedrive files back without copying

Discus and support how do i move onedrive files back without copying in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i cant move anything out of onedrive to my d drive because it says "you dont have enough onedrive storage to copy the files". like i never wanted it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nico Brown, Jul 17, 2024.

1. how do i move onedrive files back without copying

i cant move anything out of onedrive to my d drive because it says "you dont have enough onedrive storage to copy the files". like i never wanted it to move to onedrive in the first place now i gotta buy more storage just to get it back???

:)

Nico Brown, Jul 17, 2024

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 17, 2024
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jul 17, 2024
  4. Wozzer Win User

how do i move onedrive files back without copying

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jul 17, 2024
Thema:

how do i move onedrive files back without copying

1. how do i move onedrive files back without copying - Similar Threads - move onedrive files

2. how do i move onedrive files back without copying

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i move onedrive files back without copying: i cant move anything out of onedrive to my d drive because it says "you dont have enough onedrive storage to copy the files". like i never wanted it to move to onedrive in the first place now i gotta buy more storage just to get it back???...
  3. how do i move onedrive files back without copying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i move onedrive files back without copying: i cant move anything out of onedrive to my d drive because it says "you dont have enough onedrive storage to copy the files". like i never wanted it to move to onedrive in the first place now i gotta buy more storage just to get it back???...
  4. Onedrive moved everything to OneDrive without my permission. How do I move everything back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive moved everything to OneDrive without my permission. How do I move everything back...: Onedrive "backed up" when they really mean moved all my files to the cloud everything on my computer without my permission. I want it all back and I don't want OneDrive to do it again. Nearly gave me a heart attack when Documents was EMPTY on my computer. For whatever reason...
  5. Onedrive moved everything to OneDrive without my permission. How do I move everything back...

Onedrive moved everything to OneDrive without my permission. How do I move everything back...: Onedrive "backed up" when they really mean moved all my files to the cloud everything on my computer without my permission. I want it all back and I don't want OneDrive to do it again. Nearly gave me a heart attack when Documents was EMPTY on my computer. For whatever reason...
  6. How can I move files out of OneDrive and back into Documents

How can I move files out of OneDrive and back into Documents: When I set up my new computer I copied my Documents into the Documents folder on my new computer, but now I see that that Documents folder is empty and its contents have moved into the OneDrive >Documents folder. I have tried to stop OneDrive by having it not start when...
  7. How do I move not copy my files from OneDrive to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move not copy my files from OneDrive to my computer?: I did this:How do I get my files off of OneDrive and onto my PC? - Microsoft CommunityIt did not work. I'm still seeing the OneDrive cloud and "where are my files?"I do not want to use OneDrive at all. I don't want my files online.I have Windows 10 pro. This computer is new...
  8. How do I move not copy my files from OneDrive to my computer?

How do I move not copy my files from OneDrive to my computer?: I did this:How do I get my files off of OneDrive and onto my PC? - Microsoft CommunityIt did not work. I'm still seeing the OneDrive cloud and "where are my files?"I do not want to use OneDrive at all. I don't want my files online.I have Windows 10 pro. This computer is new...
  9. How do I move not copy my files from OneDrive to my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    OneDrive - copying a folder without syncing it back: Hi there, I want to back up my folders from my D: drive to OneDrive. I have copied (drag&drop) my files from D: to OneDrive, but OneDrive is now syncing my newly copied folders back to my C: drive (C:\Users\myname\onedrive). In other words, it has created a third copy of my...