Windows 10: How do I manually download the latest version of Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers?

Discus and support How do I manually download the latest version of Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm having issues with a windows PC. This PC does not have a graphics card installed, so right now the display adapter is the Microsoft Basic Display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Orlean Prosper, Jul 23, 2024.

1. How do I manually download the latest version of Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers?

I'm having issues with a windows PC. This PC does not have a graphics card installed, so right now the display adapter is the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. The issue is this adapter is an older version and I need to update it. This PC is NOT connected to the web, and it needs to stay offline. Where or how can I manually get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers?

:)

Orlean Prosper, Jul 23, 2024

2. basic display adapter drivers

To update the driver for the Basic Display Adapter in Windows 10, follow these steps:

1. Open Device Manager: Right-click on the "Start" button and select "Device Manager" from the context menu.
    2. Locate Display Adapters: In the Device Manager window, expand the "Display adapters" section. You should see "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" listed.
    3. Right-click and Update Driver: Right-click on "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" and select "Update driver" from the dropdown menu.
    4. Choose Update Method: In the Update Drivers window, you will have two options:
      • Search automatically for updated driver software: This option will allow Windows to search online for the latest driver and install it automatically.
      • Browse my computer for driver software: If you have already downloaded the latest driver from the manufacturer's website, select this option and browse to the location where the driver is saved on your computer.
    5. Automatically Install: If you selected the first option, Windows will search for the latest driver and automatically install it if one is found.
    6. Manual Installation: If you selected the second option, browse to the location of the downloaded driver and follow the on-screen instructions to manually install it.
    7. Restart Your Computer: After the driver update is complete, it's a good idea to restart your computer to apply the changes fully.

DavidJacob3245, Jul 23, 2024
  3. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter not working properly (error code 31)

I've been getting "graphics device driver error code 31", but when i try to update my drivers both on my GPU (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080) and on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter it says the latest drivers are already downloaded. When I then try to choose manually from the computer it fails.

I've tried:

• Updating my GPU drivers
    • Updating the Microsoft Basic Display Adapters drivers (both manually and automatically)
    • Checked for updates on Windows Update
    • Inactivated and re-activated the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
    • Uninstalling the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and restarting my PC

I don't know what else I can do

Help would be greatly appreciated

Adrian

Adrian_1522, Jul 23, 2024
  4. How do I manually download the latest version of Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers?

The graphics driver shows as “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter” after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

With regard to your query, your Display Adapter is listed as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter instead of the correct driver name. If you have recently update your display card driver, and this problem comes along, what we can try to do here is to roll the
    display adapter's driver back to it's previous version.

Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter's category, and right-click Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, select
      Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, choose Roll Back
      Driver.

If rolling back the driver is unavailable, update the display driver manually.

• In Device Manager, expand Display
      adapter's category and right-click Microsoft Basic
      Display Adapter, and select Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, choose Update Driver.
    • Select Browser my computer for driver software.
    • Click the Browse button, then navigate to the folder where you place the downloaded display card driver setup file.
    • Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jul 23, 2024
Thema:

How do I manually download the latest version of Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers?

1. How do I manually download the latest version of Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers? - Similar Threads - manually download latest

2. How do I manually download the latest version of Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I manually download the latest version of Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers?: I'm having issues with a windows PC. This PC does not have a graphics card installed, so right now the display adapter is the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. The issue is this adapter is an older version and I need to update it. This PC is NOT connected to the web, and it...
  3. How do I manually download the latest version of Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I manually download the latest version of Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers?: I'm having issues with a windows PC. This PC does not have a graphics card installed, so right now the display adapter is the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. The issue is this adapter is an older version and I need to update it. This PC is NOT connected to the web, and it...
  4. basic display adapter drivers

basic display adapter drivers: How can I update the driver for the basic display adapter windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basic-display-adapter-drivers/b5adc157-a44f-4366-ae17-6342d8c362ef
  5. basic display adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    basic display adapter drivers: How can I update the driver for the basic display adapter windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basic-display-adapter-drivers/b5adc157-a44f-4366-ae17-6342d8c362ef
  6. basic display adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. microsoft basic display adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft basic display adapter: microsoft basic display adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display-adapter/c3f88116-72f2-480d-93dc-9b37b5c4b807
  8. Microsoft Basic display adapter

Microsoft Basic display adapter: Hi folks,first of all I wanna say I know this question has been asked a lot but after many tries I still haven't found a fixAfter updating my drivers with driver booster and a restart I noticed my NVidia drivers were replaced with "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"I have tried...
  9. Microsoft basic display adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft basic display adapter: The name of GPU is not shown in device manager, it's showing MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER. And when I try to upgrade GPU DRIVERS it's told best drivers are already installed. And Nvidia installer cannot continue is also being written when I try to install it by Nvidia...
  10. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: I have a GTX 1050ti but device manager shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter i tried updating it but it didn't work i tried updating my OS to Windows 10 but it still shows "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" i tried plugging my graphics card to other computers it works but it...