Windows 10: How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

Discus and support How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rainey.N, Jan 28, 2024.

1. Rainey.N Win User

How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I dont have to continue to use Edge or Bing again- I changed my set to Google Chrome in the default apps but it is still not allowing me to use Google Chrome in that search bar, nor when I open Microsoft Edge- as it is still using bing

:)

Rainey.N, Jan 28, 2024

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 28, 2024
  3. davidhk Win User
    Cortana search bar color

Brink, our admin, has a wonderful tutorial on this subject :
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

May I be so bold as to post an alternative which will change the search bar from White to default Grey.
    *** if this method has been posted here before, I apologize. ***

Settings > Time &n Language > Region & language > change Country or region to a country not accepted by Cortana, such as Gabon > reboot.
    Cortana search bar is changed to grey colour.
    After reboot, back to Region & Country > change the country back to the original one.
    Cortana search bar will remain grey in colour.

Before :

How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the... 173923d1516735441t-cortana-search-bar-color-search-bar-.......-white.jpg

After:

How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the... 173924d1516735477t-cortana-search-bar-color-search-bar-.....-grey.jpg

davidhk, Jan 28, 2024
  4. John Ado Win User

How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

John Ado, Jan 28, 2024
Thema:

1. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the... - Similar Threads - cortana search bar

2. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...
  3. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...
  4. Cortana Search Bar Crashing

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashing: Hey all, Today i've had an issue come up to where my Search Bar just randomly glitches out. Basically whenever I click on it, the search bar comes up blank, and crashes about 2 - 5 seconds later. Sometimes a string of text randomly appears saying...
  5. cortana and search bar

in Cortana
    cortana and search bar: why is my task bar like this . How can i combine cortana and search bar . Please tell me i am ready to change registory too.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-search-bar/41bb3ef4-95f0-46e7-80b0-d84c18b0f469
  6. Windows Search bar and Cortana

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar and Cortana: I have somehow split my Cortana and Windows search into two different things. I think this was a side effect of disabling and re enabling cortana. Can someone please help me streamline both/get rid of Windows search...
  7. typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars

in Cortana
    typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars: why cant i type in the cortana search bar among others, im not aware of any changes i have made? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-in-the-cortana-search-bar-among-other/201dc3c2-ebe4-4271-8e8e-ccfbb42ad194"
  8. Cortana Search bar glitch?

in Cortana
    Cortana Search bar glitch?: So I tried to fix the problem by restarting cortana- nothing. It happens everytime I try to look something on the search bar or use the home button. Its annoying and I really don't know what's happening or what to do.[ATTACH]...
  9. Cortana/Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana/Search Bar: I turned Off "Hey Cortana" in the Voice in Setting and it goes back to On all by itself. This intelligence is too "artificial. Let's get this fixed, As a Windows Insider I'm deeply disappointed Microsoft has not resolved this issue....
  10. Cortana Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar: Hi there! I need help figuring out how to be able to use the type here to search section again on my task bar. Since last night I have not been able to. When I click on it to type, it goes straight to highlighting the mic picture in blue and is not allowing me to type at...