Windows 10: How do I log into my computer, when its asking me to reset pin, unable to reset pin?

Discus and support How do I log into my computer, when its asking me to reset pin, unable to reset pin? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Due to a long and series of unfortunate events, I have somehow locked myself out of my computer. I am rather upset, as it seems the pin function was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James 169, Nov 27, 2023.

1. James 169 Win User

How do I log into my computer, when its asking me to reset pin, unable to reset pin?

Due to a long and series of unfortunate events, I have somehow locked myself out of my computer. I am rather upset, as it seems the pin function was somehow reset. Now I have to log into a Microsoft account, which the email for that account was deleted. Old school email. How can I just log in with my password? I was working just fine a day ago, now all of the sudden wants me to reset pin will not leave this screen.

:)

James 169, Nov 27, 2023

2. Help with resetting pin to log into computer

I use a pin number to sign in to my computer. I'd like to change the pin number, but when I go through the steps, it seems to be asking me to log in to my microsoft account. When I try to do that, it says it doesn't recognize my account. But I can sign into my account by going to office.com, so I am not sure why when I try to access my account from the pin reset page, it doesn't recognize my account.

HatchFamily1, Nov 27, 2023
  3. Unable to reset pin

Trying to reset Microsoft PIN, when trying the steps in settings, forgot pin, try to reset, screen message wait a moment then does nothing. How can I get the pin reset?

Hannah Walker_107, Nov 27, 2023
  4. How do I log into my computer, when its asking me to reset pin, unable to reset pin?

Can't reset Pin

1. Connected.
    2. Completely up to date
    3. Already restarted several time. Unable to reset pin from login screen (it simply says to go to accounts). Unable to reset pin after using password to access device. See above.
    4. There is no option to remove pin.

Resetting device to factory settings is not really an option: very time consuming and a huge amount of trouble to reinstall everything. I'll just use a password and hope I'm never asked to use the pin on this device.

MarkBlanton, Nov 27, 2023
Thema:

How do I log into my computer, when its asking me to reset pin, unable to reset pin?

1. How do I log into my computer, when its asking me to reset pin, unable to reset pin? - Similar Threads - log computer asking

2. How do I log into my computer, when its asking me to reset pin, unable to reset pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log into my computer, when its asking me to reset pin, unable to reset pin?: Due to a long and series of unfortunate events, I have somehow locked myself out of my computer. I am rather upset, as it seems the pin function was somehow reset. Now I have to log into a Microsoft account, which the email for that account was deleted. Old school email. How...
  3. Unable to reset my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset my PIN: HiIve forgotten my PIN, and when i have gone to reset it, on the settings page, it says 'Sorry - this PIN isnt working on your organisations devices. Tap or click here to fix it'When I then click on it, it gets me to sign in, however it is making me put my PIN in to sign in,...
  4. Unable to reset my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reset my PIN: HiIve forgotten my PIN, and when i have gone to reset it, on the settings page, it says 'Sorry - this PIN isnt working on your organisations devices. Tap or click here to fix it'When I then click on it, it gets me to sign in, however it is making me put my PIN in to sign in,...
  5. Help with resetting pin to log into computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help with resetting pin to log into computer: I use a pin number to sign in to my computer. I'd like to change the pin number, but when I go through the steps, it seems to be asking me to log in to my microsoft account. When I try to do that, it says it doesn't recognize my account. But I can sign into my account by...
  6. Help with resetting pin to log into computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with resetting pin to log into computer: I use a pin number to sign in to my computer. I'd like to change the pin number, but when I go through the steps, it seems to be asking me to log in to my microsoft account. When I try to do that, it says it doesn't recognize my account. But I can sign into my account by...
  7. Help with resetting pin to log into computer

8. How to reset my PIN when the PIN reset "encounters a problem"?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset my PIN when the PIN reset "encounters a problem"?: I've always used a very strong password for my admin account and then use a different account for general use that does not have a password, so that I can easily log on/off and know that most of the more dangerous operations are secured behind a password. Windows last year...
  9. How to reset my PIN when the PIN reset "encounters a problem"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset my PIN when the PIN reset "encounters a problem"?: I've always used a very strong password for my admin account and then use a different account for general use that does not have a password, so that I can easily log on/off and know that most of the more dangerous operations are secured behind a password. Windows last year...
  10. How to reset my PIN when the PIN reset "encounters a problem"?