Windows 10: How do I get the weather back on the taskbar?

Discus and support How do I get the weather back on the taskbar? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After a windows 11 update, instead of my weather showing on the left side of the taskbar, the widget icon is showing. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MMSusieQ, Jan 17, 2023.

1. MMSusieQ Win User

How do I get the weather back on the taskbar?

After a windows 11 update, instead of my weather showing on the left side of the taskbar, the widget icon is showing. How do I fix this?

:)

MMSusieQ, Jan 17, 2023

2. Weather in calendar app

Hi Bogie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run Built In troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Please follow the steps below to change Settings:

• Type Weather in Search bar.
    • Launch Weather app and Go to Settings (Click on Setting Symbol in weather app).
    • Under Settings change the settings to Fahrenheit from
      Celsius.
    • Check if the issue persist.

Method 2:

Please follow the steps below to run Built in Troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar.
    • Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    • Select Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 17, 2023
  3. No weather icon in taskbar after new update

Hello everyone,

After installing the new update KB5010414, no new weather icon appeared on the left of the taskbar. I have tried these steps to solve these problem :

• Disable task from the taskbar
    • Reinsall Windows Feature Experience Pack from powershell
    • Reinstall the KB5010414 update
    But neither of those helped to solve the problem. I think this is a bug. How can I figure it out ? I do not use beta, dev, preview channels.

How do I get the weather back on the taskbar? ce7b6858-31b0-4981-9c16-a223158d6b8e?upload=true.png

orhan emreanıl, Jan 17, 2023
  4. Bertilak Win User

weather content to the left side of the taskbar not showing

"Learn More" for 2022-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5010414) Which I just installed says:

• New! Adds weather content to the left side of the taskbar if the taskbar is aligned in the center. When you hover over the weather, the Widgets panel will appear on the left side of the screen and will disappear when you stop hovering over the area.
    I do not see any weather content. I changed the taskbar back and forth from left to center between restarting a couple of times but never saw any weather report on the taskbar. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT:

OK, I see the problem. This feature is dependent upon widgets being enabled and I don't do that. That should be made clear! Interdependencies between features is a bad thing! It should also NOT depend on a center alignment. I don't do that either. Some sort of quick pop-up of the weather is, in itself, a great idea.

Bertilak, Jan 17, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I get the weather back on the taskbar? - Similar Threads - weather taskbar

2. Weather widget on left side taskbar broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather widget on left side taskbar broken: It seems like my weather widget on my taskbar is broken. It won't update until I reboot or if I toggle the feed page in the widget settings.I've tried uninstalling with winget uninstall "Windows web experience pack" and reinstalling with winget install 9MSSGKG348SP but to no...
  3. Weather widget on left side taskbar broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather widget on left side taskbar broken: It seems like my weather widget on my taskbar is broken. It won't update until I reboot or if I toggle the feed page in the widget settings.I've tried uninstalling with winget uninstall "Windows web experience pack" and reinstalling with winget install 9MSSGKG348SP but to no...
  4. Widget in Taskbar Not Displaying Current Weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widget in Taskbar Not Displaying Current Weather: I am experiencing an issue where the widget in my taskbar is not showing the current weather, despite my Windows operating system being up to date. I rely on this feature for timely weather updates, and it has recently stopped functioning correctly.I have ensured that my...
  5. Widget in Taskbar Not Displaying Current Weather

Widget in Taskbar Not Displaying Current Weather: I am experiencing an issue where the widget in my taskbar is not showing the current weather, despite my Windows operating system being up to date. I rely on this feature for timely weather updates, and it has recently stopped functioning correctly.I have ensured that my...
  6. How can I stop windows news & weather taskbar widget from automatically updating upon opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop windows news & weather taskbar widget from automatically updating upon opening: I was looking for a way to stop the Microsoft news and weather taskbar widget from automatically refreshing every time I open it. I wanted to make it only refresh manually. The reason is, every time I open it, I see something I want to read but it immediately refreshes and I...
  7. How can I stop windows news & weather taskbar widget from automatically updating upon opening

How can I stop windows news & weather taskbar widget from automatically updating upon opening: I was looking for a way to stop the Microsoft news and weather taskbar widget from automatically refreshing every time I open it. I wanted to make it only refresh manually. The reason is, every time I open it, I see something I want to read but it immediately refreshes and I...
  8. How can I stop windows news & weather taskbar widget from automatically updating upon opening

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to disable the pop-up prompt that asks to turn on weather & news on taskbar?

How to disable the pop-up prompt that asks to turn on weather & news on taskbar?: Hi, recently I've started getting a pop-up prompt appear on my taskbar a couple times a day asking me to enable weather & news icons on my taskbar. But I have them disabled on purpose and am getting very annoyed by this pop-up. How to I turn it off or prevent it from asking...
  10. How to disable the pop-up prompt that asks to turn on weather & news on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the pop-up prompt that asks to turn on weather & news on taskbar?: Hi, recently I've started getting a pop-up prompt appear on my taskbar a couple times a day asking me to enable weather & news icons on my taskbar. But I have them disabled on purpose and am getting very annoyed by this pop-up. How to I turn it off or prevent it from asking...