Windows 10: How do I get the old applications from my old drives to work on my newly downloaded windows...

Discus and support How do I get the old applications from my old drives to work on my newly downloaded windows... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently got a new m.2 SSD to download windows on. The old drive's windows had corrupted and I was not able to fix it, and is why I got the new drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Braedan_, Oct 21, 2024 at 11:57 PM.

1. Braedan_ Win User

How do I get the old applications from my old drives to work on my newly downloaded windows...

I recently got a new m.2 SSD to download windows on. The old drive's windows had corrupted and I was not able to fix it, and is why I got the new drive with windows. When I downloaded Windows on the new drive and booted it up none of my old games and previous applications would pop up on my desktop. The applications' files are still in each of the drives, but nothing is showing up on my computer desktop. I was wondering if this could be because I downloaded windows 10 home instead of the Pro version and all I have to do is redownload windows with that, or if there is just nothing I can do, and

:)

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

3. Need some help. Old HDD. New laptop.

Yes, that would be a favorable solution if possible. But it requires what I said as a first step. Once he gets booted into the OS, then he can either use it as is or try to recover the product key. I'm not saying he couldn't do what you said, I was replying to another post that suggested simply copy/pasting documents from the old hard drive.

4. dhdude Win User

How do I get the old applications from my old drives to work on my newly downloaded windows...

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile How do I get the old applications from my old drives to work on my newly downloaded windows... :)

Thema:

1. How do I get the old applications from my old drives to work on my newly downloaded windows... - Similar Threads - old applications old

2. How do I get the old applications from my old drives to work on my newly downloaded windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the old applications from my old drives to work on my newly downloaded windows...: I recently got a new m.2 SSD to download windows on. The old drive's windows had corrupted and I was not able to fix it, and is why I got the new drive with windows. When I downloaded Windows on the new drive and booted it up none of my old games and previous applications...
  3. How do I get the old applications from my old drives to work on my newly downloaded windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the old applications from my old drives to work on my newly downloaded windows...: I recently got a new m.2 SSD to download windows on. The old drive's windows had corrupted and I was not able to fix it, and is why I got the new drive with windows. When I downloaded Windows on the new drive and booted it up none of my old games and previous applications...
  4. How do I get my password from an old phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my password from an old phone number: I need help!!! I have changed my number and I do not know my password but I did know my PIN number and that was the only way I was able to log in but I can’t log into my account without that number and only that number...
  5. How do I get my password from an old phone number

How do I get my password from an old phone number: I need help!!! I have changed my number and I do not know my password but I did know my PIN number and that was the only way I was able to log in but I can’t log into my account without that number and only that number...
  6. How do I stop downloading files including from one drive on my old laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop downloading files including from one drive on my old laptop?: I have a HP Laptop old laptop w/Windows 11 Home 64-bit operating system. I used Laplink Safe Remove and removed everything except the operating system. However, when I open or download files from one drive on my Acer 2023 Aspire 5 new laptop w/Windows 11 operating system they...
  7. How do I stop downloading files including from one drive on my old laptop?

How do I stop downloading files including from one drive on my old laptop?: I have a HP Laptop old laptop w/Windows 11 Home 64-bit operating system. I used Laplink Safe Remove and removed everything except the operating system. However, when I open or download files from one drive on my Acer 2023 Aspire 5 new laptop w/Windows 11 operating system they...
  8. How do I get my old files back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get my old files back: How do I get my old files back on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-old-files-back/e3504314-23f7-40bd-8865-759d2391c1f9
  9. How do I get my old files back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my old files back: How do I get my old files back on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-old-files-back/e3504314-23f7-40bd-8865-759d2391c1f9
  10. How do I get my old files back