Windows 10: How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column?

Discus and support How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have my Taskbar on the right side of screen in Windows 10. It used to always show just one column, which I liked. For a while now, though, it shows 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Asphyxia 88, Jul 21, 2024.

1. How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column?

I have my Taskbar on the right side of screen in Windows 10. It used to always show just one column, which I liked. For a while now, though, it shows 2 columns, which I hate. I could not find any help in Taskbar Settings or by searching this forum. How do I get it back to showing just 1 column? Thanks!

:)

Asphyxia 88, Jul 21, 2024

2. Mini-application icon moved to the right side of taskbar

Could you please try the following steps and let me know if it resolves the issue?

1. Open Taskbar Settings:
      • Right-click on any blank space on the taskbar.
      • Select "Taskbar settings" from the context menu.
    2. Personalize Taskbar:
      • In the Settings window, navigate to "Personalization" and then "Taskbar".
    3. Adjust Taskbar Alignment:
      • Scroll down to the "Taskbar behaviors" section.
      • Find the "Taskbar alignment" option and set it to "Center" instead of "Left"

Munkhbayar B., Jul 22, 2024
  3. Grzegorz Win User
    Multiple columns in vertical taskbar?

Edwin, your taskbar seems to be what I need - but I can't get how to make it...
    Could you describe step by step, in a fool-proof way, and since the very beginning, how to make it?
    I don't see how to make it by adding a toolbar (?). I made a folder on a desktop, added it as a new toolbar. So I have a new toolbar on my taksbar, and the icons of the open applications keep on being in just one column.
    What do I miss...?

Grzegorz, Jul 22, 2024
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column?

Taskbar shows up and down arrow

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you are getting up and down arrow in the Taskbar. There might be multiple applications pinned to the Taskbar that is the reason you are getting the up and down arrow.

If the applications are "Pinned" to the Taskbar, you can right click on those icons and select "Unpin from Taskbar". This will remove the icons from the Taskbar when they are closed. Refer screenshot below:

How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column? 094786af-3edd-4ef4-9b1d-6f42780bd9a5?upload=true.png

You can open these applications from Start Menu when you need it.

However, if you need all the shortcuts pinned to taskbar, you can follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Unlock the Taskbar

We can unlock the Taskbar and increase the size of the Taskbar. Follow the steps mentioned below and check if this helps:

1. Right click on the Taskbar and uncheck the option
      Lock the taskbar.
    2. Now, place the mouse pointer at the edge of the
      Taskbar
      and drag the mouse up.

Method 2: Small taskbar buttons

Alternatively, you can use small icons on the Taskbar so that the icons are properly accommodated in the Taskbar. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on Taskbar and select
      Taskbar settings.
    2. Toggle the switch towards right for Use small taskbar buttons.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 22, 2024
Thema:

How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column?

1. How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column? - Similar Threads - Taskbar anchored right

2. How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column?: I have my Taskbar on the right side of screen in Windows 10. It used to always show just one column, which I liked. For a while now, though, it shows 2 columns, which I hate. I could not find any help in Taskbar Settings or by searching this forum. How do I get it back to...
  3. How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my Taskbar anchored to right side to show just 1 column?: I have my Taskbar on the right side of screen in Windows 10. It used to always show just one column, which I liked. For a while now, though, it shows 2 columns, which I hate. I could not find any help in Taskbar Settings or by searching this forum. How do I get it back to...
  4. How do I move the taskbar to the right side of my screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move the taskbar to the right side of my screen in Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I VERY much prefer to have my task bar in a vertical alignment along the right side of my screen. It seems with this latest window update you cannot have the taskbar anywhere but along the bottom. Is there some way I can update this?...
  5. How do I move the taskbar to the right side of my screen in Windows 11

How do I move the taskbar to the right side of my screen in Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I VERY much prefer to have my task bar in a vertical alignment along the right side of my screen. It seems with this latest window update you cannot have the taskbar anywhere but along the bottom. Is there some way I can update this?...
  6. How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?: There is a letter b which looks like comic strip dialogue. Below it is a mirror, a picnic basket, two chess pieces, a tree and some other stuff and "settings" in the lower right corner....
  7. How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?

How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?: There is a letter b which looks like comic strip dialogue. Below it is a mirror, a picnic basket, two chess pieces, a tree and some other stuff and "settings" in the lower right corner....
  8. Right side of taskbar is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right side of taskbar is not showing: Hey Right side of my taskbar Which have date time , notification, Internet connection sign is not showing . Anyone know how to fix it . Adding a picture for more help . Look at right bottom corner.its blank.elp....
  9. Right side of taskbar is not showing

Right side of taskbar is not showing: Hey Right side of my taskbar Which have date time , notification, Internet connection sign is not showing . Anyone know how to fix it . Adding a picture for more help . Look at right bottom corner.its blank.elp....
  10. How do I get all the open tabs to be on the right side of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get all the open tabs to be on the right side of the taskbar?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/aangsbison [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dom9qh/how_do_i_get_all_the_open_tabs_to_be_on_the_right/