Windows 10: How do I get my Bitlocker key after re-enabling Bitlocker with Windows 11 Pro after NVME...

Discus and support How do I get my Bitlocker key after re-enabling Bitlocker with Windows 11 Pro after NVME... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I'm unable to find my Bitlocker "Recovery Key". I swapped out my NVME drive and had to purchase Windows 11 Pro in order to get Bitlocker working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TECHSENSI, Oct 18, 2024 at 2:42 PM.

1. TECHSENSI Win User

How do I get my Bitlocker key after re-enabling Bitlocker with Windows 11 Pro after NVME...

Hello,I'm unable to find my Bitlocker "Recovery Key". I swapped out my NVME drive and had to purchase Windows 11 Pro in order to get Bitlocker working again.Prior to swapping the Drive on my laptop I turned bitlocker off. Now I still see what appears to be the OLD Key created back in 2022. The only thing I'm able to get is the KeyProtectorId. I need the "Recovery Key". Thanks for any help.

:)

2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Can you take a screen shot of the bitlocker window?

Also, what happens when you highlight the drive in This PC and go to the Manage tab? There should be some bitlocker options there.

3. Bitlocker Randomly Enabled

Hi,

On my personal Lenovo laptop, Bitlocker somehow randomly was enabled. I have not enabled it, and I followed the recovery steps without luck. It seems that it was enabled during an update. I logged into my Microsoft account, see that the laptop is listed, but there is no bitlocker key listed. I am at a loss on what the next steps might be for me to be able to log into my computer at this point.

Carl

CarlDAnderson, Oct 18, 2024 at 9:57 PM
  4. mcraygsx Win User

How do I get my Bitlocker key after re-enabling Bitlocker with Windows 11 Pro after NVME...

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Here is the screenshot

imgur.com
    As you can see Drive D is no longer present in BitLocker Drive Encryption.

When I click on this Drive under Explorer I got the option to FORMAT this Drive and when I click cancel I get the following.
    imgur.com
    When I do Right Click on this Drive, I no longer see BitLocker option like I used to.

Thema:

1. How do I get my Bitlocker key after re-enabling Bitlocker with Windows 11 Pro after NVME... - Similar Threads - Bitlocker key enabling

2. How do I get my Bitlocker key after re-enabling Bitlocker with Windows 11 Pro after NVME...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Bitlocker key after re-enabling Bitlocker with Windows 11 Pro after NVME...: Hello,I'm unable to find my Bitlocker "Recovery Key". I swapped out my NVME drive and had to purchase Windows 11 Pro in order to get Bitlocker working again.Prior to swapping the Drive on my laptop I turned bitlocker off. Now I still see what appears to be the OLD Key created...
  3. How can I re-enable bitlocker Device Encryption after swapping out NVME on Windows 11 home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I re-enable bitlocker Device Encryption after swapping out NVME on Windows 11 home?: Hello,I just swapped out my NVME drive and I'm unable to re-enable bitlocker. I turned it off prior to swapping out the drive. When I try to enable bitlocker I get the following error message:"Failed to open the Bitlocker control panel tool. Error code: 0x800004005"I went...
  4. How can I re-enable bitlocker Device Encryption after swapping out NVME on Windows 11 home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I re-enable bitlocker Device Encryption after swapping out NVME on Windows 11 home?: Hello,I just swapped out my NVME drive and I'm unable to re-enable bitlocker. I turned it off prior to swapping out the drive. When I try to enable bitlocker I get the following error message:"Failed to open the Bitlocker control panel tool. Error code: 0x800004005"I went...
  5. How do I get my Bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my Bitlocker recovery key?: I have corrupted files I can't delete on a laptop. To resolve this I need to rey deleting in safe mode but when I try going into safe mode I am asked for a bitlocker recovery key. I have never turned bitlocker on.If I go to my account then I can see 2 devices listed, laptop...
  6. How do I get my Bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get my Bitlocker recovery key?: I have corrupted files I can't delete on a laptop. To resolve this I need to rey deleting in safe mode but when I try going into safe mode I am asked for a bitlocker recovery key. I have never turned bitlocker on.If I go to my account then I can see 2 devices listed, laptop...
  7. How do I get my bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my bitlocker recovery key?: How do I get my recovery key for Bitlocker? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/05def137-6852-4f93-be13-1694856c5e18
  8. After enabling bitlocker I get this on startup...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After enabling bitlocker I get this on startup...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tom47x [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mp1oly/after_enabling_bitlocker_i_get_this_on_startup/
  9. NVME write performance with Bitlocker enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NVME write performance with Bitlocker enabled: Dear Community, I have installed a Corsair Force 510 480GB NVME drive, installed Windows 10 Pro on it and tested the performance with CrystalDiskMark. Sequential Read of 1GB files: 3500MB/sec Sequential Write of 1GB files: 2200MB/sec Then I enabled Bitlocker for the...
  10. Recovery key after disalbe and enable BitLocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery key after disalbe and enable BitLocker: Is recovery key of BitLocker going to be changed if you turn off BitLocker then turn on BitLocker again? I got error during manual windows update on my Windows 10 box, and I am thinking it may be because of BitLocker because I found BitLocker got suspended after windows...