Windows 10: How do I fix Windows Search Highlights? They do not show

Discus and support How do I fix Windows Search Highlights? They do not show in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There are no options to customize search in taskbar settings.Things I have tried:Installed all Windows UpdatesRestarted Search ServiceSearch highlights... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alex_820, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Alex_820 Win User

How do I fix Windows Search Highlights? They do not show

There are no options to customize search in taskbar settings.Things I have tried:Installed all Windows UpdatesRestarted Search ServiceSearch highlights shows enabled in settings but is grayed outenabling highlights in local group policy editorcreated new user profilesfc scannow

:)

Alex_820, Apr 21, 2023

2. How to turn off Search Highlights in Windows 10

• Right-click the search bar.
    • Scroll up to the nested menu under 'Search'.
    • Untick the option called 'Show Search Highlights'.

JoyceTaylor4, Apr 21, 2023
  3. Search Highlight !

Good morning, I downloaded the optional update KB5011543 today, I was hoping to get the "Search Highlight" feature in my search box but can't see anything ! I think the update came with various fixes but no sign of the Search highlights !! I have right clicked on the taskbar and checked search but nothing suggested ! Do I have to turn it on somewhere ?

Brian

PS I am fully up to date with 21H2 OS build 19044 1620

BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, Apr 21, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Search highlights coming soon to Windows 10

Read more: Windows 11 Insider Dev Build 22572.1 (ni_release) - March 9 | Windows 11 Forum

Brink, Apr 21, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I fix Windows Search Highlights? They do not show - Similar Threads - fix Search Highlights

2. How do I open links from search highlights?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open links from search highlights?: When I hover over or click on the image next to the search bar, I see the search highlights and all the possible links that can be clicked on. When I go to click on any of these links or pictures that will take me to another website, nothing happens, I can click on them as...
  3. How do I open links from search highlights?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I open links from search highlights?: When I hover over or click on the image next to the search bar, I see the search highlights and all the possible links that can be clicked on. When I go to click on any of these links or pictures that will take me to another website, nothing happens, I can click on them as...
  4. How do I fix this cramped search icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this cramped search icon?: My search index icon is kinda having display problems, I tried to move it to left and back to center again but nothing is fixing it. I hope to make it looks back to what it looks like, here's the image :...
  5. How do I fix this cramped search icon?

How do I fix this cramped search icon?: My search index icon is kinda having display problems, I tried to move it to left and back to center again but nothing is fixing it. I hope to make it looks back to what it looks like, here's the image :...
  6. Show search highlights not working. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show search highlights not working. What do I do?: I have a Window 10 and my show search highlights is enabled but the icon does not show nor does it show anything when I click on the search bar. How do I fix this? I have tried disabling show search highlights wait a while then turn it back on but nothing happens....
  7. Show search highlights not working. What do I do?

Show search highlights not working. What do I do?: I have a Window 10 and my show search highlights is enabled but the icon does not show nor does it show anything when I click on the search bar. How do I fix this? I have tried disabling show search highlights wait a while then turn it back on but nothing happens....
  8. Show search highlights not working. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How do I fix Windows Search Highlights? They do not show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix Windows Search Highlights? They do not show: There are no options to customize search in taskbar settings.Things I have tried:Installed all Windows UpdatesRestarted Search ServiceSearch highlights shows enabled in settings but is grayed outenabling highlights in local group policy editorcreated new user profilesfc...
  10. How do I fix the search box and saved searches?

in Cortana
    How do I fix the search box and saved searches?: Hi, I have a laptop running Windows 10 and went on it today to sort some photos out and do some work. I have a saved search for JPG files which I use to find all my photos. When I clicked on it today though it first said 'no items match your search' (I have a lot of photos)...