Windows 10: How do i fix this setting windows and seach bar doesnt respond and wont open

Discus and support How do i fix this setting windows and seach bar doesnt respond and wont open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the windows update i ran last night, the windows menu seach bar and setting stopped working its no longer responding to anything and ive tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Matilde Gundersen, Jul 24, 2024.

1. How do i fix this setting windows and seach bar doesnt respond and wont open

After the windows update i ran last night, the windows menu seach bar and setting stopped working its no longer responding to anything and ive tried to restart my computer multiple times. It not letting me do anything on the surface there doesn't seem like there's any issues I'm not getting any errors or finding any issues.

:)

Matilde Gundersen, Jul 24, 2024
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Jul 24, 2024
  3. settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 24, 2024
  4. How do i fix this setting windows and seach bar doesnt respond and wont open

task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 24, 2024
Thema:

How do i fix this setting windows and seach bar doesnt respond and wont open

1. How do i fix this setting windows and seach bar doesnt respond and wont open - Similar Threads - fix setting seach

2. How do I fix my game bar which doesnt open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my game bar which doesnt open: my xbox game bar won't open even when it's enabled. I click windows + g and it doesnt open, someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-game-bar-which-doesnt-open/db143144-e144-4fc6-84e4-817d5aa66874
  3. How do I fix my game bar which doesnt open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my game bar which doesnt open: my xbox game bar won't open even when it's enabled. I click windows + g and it doesnt open, someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-my-game-bar-which-doesnt-open/db143144-e144-4fc6-84e4-817d5aa66874
  4. How to fix Windows, setting, search bar not responding or opening at all.

How to fix Windows, setting, search bar not responding or opening at all.: My friend recently purchased a new PC. However, after unplugging and moving it, he is now unable to use several Windows functions such as search and settings. These functions do not open or respond to any commands. He is completely lost and unsure about what to do next, as...
  5. How to fix Windows, setting, search bar not responding or opening at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Windows, setting, search bar not responding or opening at all.: My friend recently purchased a new PC. However, after unplugging and moving it, he is now unable to use several Windows functions such as search and settings. These functions do not open or respond to any commands. He is completely lost and unsure about what to do next, as...
  6. How do I fix windows search bar and setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix windows search bar and setting?: Hi, Recently my windows search bar broke meaning i can't type anything at all and even the settings wont work, Its either it opens up and crashes or when it opens up the screen is blank, I already tried scanning my pc but it says there are some curropt files that cant be...
  7. How do I fix windows search bar and setting?

How do I fix windows search bar and setting?: Hi, Recently my windows search bar broke meaning i can't type anything at all and even the settings wont work, Its either it opens up and crashes or when it opens up the screen is blank, I already tried scanning my pc but it says there are some curropt files that cant be...
  8. Command promt wont open and doesnt have the icon how do i fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command promt wont open and doesnt have the icon how do i fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/embracethemems [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iuh6k6/command_promt_wont_open_and_doesnt_have_the_icon/
  9. seach bar

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    seach bar: When I type in my search bar ,no results found keep coming up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seach-bar/5db47960-0ff1-4d25-bbf2-26553dfe6d74
  10. Start Menu and seach window will not respond

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and seach window will not respond: I upgraded to 10 Home yesterday and everything seemed to work fine. Today after deleting several files from my photos the system hung and I had to do a power off reboot. After that the start menu wont come up and the search window won't accept any text. Right click on the...