Windows 10: How do I fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

Discus and support How do I fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I got this computer and after setting up what I needed to do, I sometimes keep getting this Watchdog error. Everything says about disconnect any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RevooLutionary, Oct 14, 2023.

1. How do I fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

So I got this computer and after setting up what I needed to do, I sometimes keep getting this Watchdog error. Everything says about disconnect any external drives and update them which I did. I even completely left them disconnected and I still have the error. All drivers I have are updated and triple checked the disk check error and it came off with nothing. Even reset windows.I am struggling to find the solution here and I need some help.My specs:Ryzen 7 3700xRTX 3090 FE16GB RAM TForce VulcanEVGA 750w PSUA wifi card512 GB of NVME driveHere is my Minidump files: https://drive.google.com/fi

:)

RevooLutionary, Oct 14, 2023

2. Windows 10 build 10586 BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Check (enable) it then do Step #5 & test.

The above notwithstanding...

Are you still getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs or...?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 14, 2023
  3. BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation daily

Those steps are not relevant to me. In those steps it asks to check the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers for iastore.sys in the listed drivers.

I do not have iastore as a driver nor is that the files causing the BSOD.

The driver that is causing it (I got this from BlueScreenView) is nvstore.sys which is listed as the driver for three identical items in 'storage controllers' There are 4 items there. 3 of them are called NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller. Those three
    all list this nvstore.sys as their driver.

I suspect that if I could replace or fix that driver it would solve the issue based on the advice given by Annanya. Does that sound right? If so, how would I go about it?

Dan

Daniel Freitag, Oct 14, 2023
  4. How do I fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below article regarding BSOD error and check if it helps.

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Redirecting

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 14, 2023
Thema:

How do I fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

1. How do I fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD? - Similar Threads - fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

2. How do I fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION?: I've had this issue for quite a while now, but only now decided to try and fix it. I've been looking for my own ways to fix it but it seems out of my league without help. The problem happens a while usually an hour or so after booting up my pc, when it just crashes and gives...
  3. How do I fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION?: I've had this issue for quite a while now, but only now decided to try and fix it. I've been looking for my own ways to fix it but it seems out of my league without help. The problem happens a while usually an hour or so after booting up my pc, when it just crashes and gives...
  4. How do I fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

How do I fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?: So I got this computer and after setting up what I needed to do, I sometimes keep getting this Watchdog error. Everything says about disconnect any external drives and update them which I did. I even completely left them disconnected and I still have the error. All drivers I...
  6. How do I fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?: So I got this computer and after setting up what I needed to do, I sometimes keep getting this Watchdog error. Everything says about disconnect any external drives and update them which I did. I even completely left them disconnected and I still have the error. All drivers I...
  7. How do I fix dpc_watchdog_violation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix dpc_watchdog_violation?: I moved house while ago and my pc might be damaged. I got the watchdog violation error when connected to the internet. I had this problem for a while untill I started my PC and it was stuck on BIOS ez mode so I took my PC for a checkup, they briefly looked inside my pc and...
  8. How do I fix dpc_watchdog_violation?

How do I fix dpc_watchdog_violation?: I moved house while ago and my pc might be damaged. I got the watchdog violation error when connected to the internet. I had this problem for a while untill I started my PC and it was stuck on BIOS ez mode so I took my PC for a checkup, they briefly looked inside my pc and...
  9. how do i fix dpc_watchdog_violation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix dpc_watchdog_violation?: I have used a program called drivereasy to update all my drivers that said should be updated, the issue still persistsI play games, and randomly while playing them the computer will freeze, no audio, no keyboard or mouse inputs, and after a few seconds, it will blue screen...
  10. how do i fix dpc_watchdog_violation?

how do i fix dpc_watchdog_violation?: I have used a program called drivereasy to update all my drivers that said should be updated, the issue still persistsI play games, and randomly while playing them the computer will freeze, no audio, no keyboard or mouse inputs, and after a few seconds, it will blue screen...