Windows 10: How do I fix my PC continuously scrolling?

Discus and support How do I fix my PC continuously scrolling? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This morning when I got on my computer, It would randomly scroll right or down on certain applications/webpages, like the snipping tool, for example.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Xplodeplyaz4, Mar 6, 2024.

1. How do I fix my PC continuously scrolling?

This morning when I got on my computer, It would randomly scroll right or down on certain applications/webpages, like the snipping tool, for example. In fact, even troubleshooting was a pain because I could barely navigate the menus with the PC scrolling everywhere. I would be either glued to the bottom/right of a menu or be slowly moved back to that side This even effects certain drop downs and the volume slider on YouTube. I have ruled out my mouse, as it happens even when the mouse is off. This has happened once before, but I don't remember how I fixed it I think it just went away on its

:)

Xplodeplyaz4, Mar 6, 2024

2. Continuous scrolling in system menus - not documents etc though

Putting the mouse in menus (start menu or drop down menus) when I scroll down it scrolls itself back to the top again. I've read the various suggested fixes, and tried them- even ones that don't apply ( this is desperation). Its not a hardware issue. Because I've swapped mice and USB wireless dongles, and disabled the keyboard. Also it doesn't happen within documents. But it does happen with my start menu and printer list. And when I tried to change mouse scroll settings it instantly scrolled up to the max number in the number of lines settings I've made sure the setting for turning off scrolling unused Windows is off. Or whatever it's called- as recommended. I've run DISM and SFC. I've booted into safe mode. And I've also done a clean restart. I've checked this applies to both users on the PC. I've done a system restore. And since I couldn't uninstall the last Widows update (because I couldn't scroll the list)I did a reimage from Macrium to a version from two weeks ago- the problem started within the last 48 hours. I'm at a loss to think of what else to try. All the various suggestions in threads I've seen on the internet run out at this point. It's making my PC very difficult, if not impossible, to use. e.g I have two printers. If I want to switch from the default to the other in the list, then the list scrolls itself to the top, which is "print to file". This does not happen in pages of documents or web pages. I can scroll up and down in this post, no problem, and the web page that contains it. Only in system elements (e.g. longer or drop down menus) After Macrium reimage I have; Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎09/‎09/‎2021 OS build 19045.2965 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0 Though this is presumably the version from a couple of weeks ago. it will have been the most recent version, before that. I

terryBernstein, Mar 6, 2024
  3. pedsto Win User
    scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Mar 6, 2024
  4. How do I fix my PC continuously scrolling?

Continuous Scroll in file explorer?

Hi,

• What exactly do you mean when you say continuous scroll?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you trying to change the view of your File Explorer?

Post us with the required information to continue assisting you further.

Azaruddin Syed, Mar 6, 2024
Thema:

How do I fix my PC continuously scrolling?

1. How do I fix my PC continuously scrolling? - Similar Threads - fix continuously scrolling

2. How do I fix my PC continuously scrolling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my PC continuously scrolling?: This morning when I got on my computer, It would randomly scroll right or down on certain applications/webpages, like the snipping tool, for example. In fact, even troubleshooting was a pain because I could barely navigate the menus with the PC scrolling everywhere. I would...
  3. How do I fix my PC continuously scrolling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my PC continuously scrolling?: This morning when I got on my computer, It would randomly scroll right or down on certain applications/webpages, like the snipping tool, for example. In fact, even troubleshooting was a pain because I could barely navigate the menus with the PC scrolling everywhere. I would...
  4. how do I setup my pc for continuous operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I setup my pc for continuous operation: My PC - OS keeps dropping out and forces me to keep logging back in again. I have a message when I go to first start that I have to wait for 2 hours before I can start to login....
  5. how do I setup my pc for continuous operation

how do I setup my pc for continuous operation: My PC - OS keeps dropping out and forces me to keep logging back in again. I have a message when I go to first start that I have to wait for 2 hours before I can start to login....
  6. There are no administrator accounts on my PC anymore to sign in and continue, how do I fix...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are no administrator accounts on my PC anymore to sign in and continue, how do I fix...: I have a blue screen with the following message:____Select accountYou need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC.____The next screen says the following message and when I click restart the same thing pops up....
  7. There are no administrator accounts on my PC anymore to sign in and continue, how do I fix...

There are no administrator accounts on my PC anymore to sign in and continue, how do I fix...: I have a blue screen with the following message:____Select accountYou need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC.____The next screen says the following message and when I click restart the same thing pops up....
  8. how do I fix my arrow scrolling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I fix my arrow scrolling?: I use my keyboard arrows to help my scrolling since it can be a bit of a hassle to use my mouse to click on the scroll down button on the screen, and the page up/down moves too muchlately, however, I hit something on my keyboard on accident I think and now there's a text...
  9. how do I fix my arrow scrolling?

how do I fix my arrow scrolling?: I use my keyboard arrows to help my scrolling since it can be a bit of a hassle to use my mouse to click on the scroll down button on the screen, and the page up/down moves too muchlately, however, I hit something on my keyboard on accident I think and now there's a text...
  10. how do i fix my jumpy scroll wheel ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i fix my jumpy scroll wheel ?: my wireless mouse had been scrolling on its own and scrolling erratically. the issue persists when connected to my brother's computer, so it's not an issue with my device. i bought a brand new mouse and just connected it about ten minutes ago and had the exact same issue, so...