Windows 10: How do I fix certain keys on my laptop keyboard that do other actions when pressed??

Discus and support How do I fix certain keys on my laptop keyboard that do other actions when pressed?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have an hp elitebook and my g and h keys stopped working. At first, when I typed g and h they would type as g5 and h6, eventually, they stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tea Errors, Sep 8, 2024.

1. How do I fix certain keys on my laptop keyboard that do other actions when pressed??

Hi, I have an hp elitebook and my g and h keys stopped working. At first, when I typed g and h they would type as g5 and h6, eventually, they stopped working overall. Now when I type g, it types as 5, and when I type h it types as 6. I also noticed that my 5 and 6 keys stopped working, however they started working again. When I hold shift and press g, it types as % and when I press shift + h + 6 it types as h and same for g shift 5 it types as g. Its really annoying. My backspace key just works as the / key for some things and my windows key just doesn't work anymore. My pg up key and my backw

:)

Tea Errors, Sep 8, 2024

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 8, 2024
  3. Certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly.

Hi Russell,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that certain keys on the keyboard are not working properly on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you performed a full pc virus scan on the system recently?

Suggest you to launch the on-screen keyboard to check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Further, you may also boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere with the system.
    These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows: (Applies to Windows 10)
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 8, 2024
  4. How do I fix certain keys on my laptop keyboard that do other actions when pressed??

Laptop keyboard not entering certain keys (fujitsu)

Hello,

There has been a recent issue with my Fujitsu's laptop keyboard where I'm unable to type certain keys like, a, s, f1, f2, and so forth. I've tried looking up tips including sticky keys, reconnecting the keyboard connector, and reinstalling the drives to no avail. So I'd like to ask the community for suggestions, tips, or ways I could fix this issue. Thank you!

PS: Sometimes the keys that usually don't work, appear to show some life for a couple seconds of spamming, and then end up dying after. | My laptop is the Fujitsu Lifebook E549

Musharraf., Sep 8, 2024
Thema:

How do I fix certain keys on my laptop keyboard that do other actions when pressed??

1. How do I fix certain keys on my laptop keyboard that do other actions when pressed?? - Similar Threads - fix certain keys

2. How do I fix certain keys on my laptop keyboard that do other actions when pressed??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix certain keys on my laptop keyboard that do other actions when pressed??: Hi, I have an hp elitebook and my g and h keys stopped working. At first, when I typed g and h they would type as g5 and h6, eventually, they stopped working overall. Now when I type g, it types as 5, and when I type h it types as 6. I also noticed that my 5 and 6 keys...
  3. How do I fix certain keys on my laptop keyboard that do other actions when pressed??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix certain keys on my laptop keyboard that do other actions when pressed??: Hi, I have an hp elitebook and my g and h keys stopped working. At first, when I typed g and h they would type as g5 and h6, eventually, they stopped working overall. Now when I type g, it types as 5, and when I type h it types as 6. I also noticed that my 5 and 6 keys...
  4. How do I fix my laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my laptop keyboard: I need help with my ALIENWARE X17 R1. My keyboard has not been working for quite some time. I haven't said much because I've been using a Bluetooth keyboard, but it can be inconvenient at times. Considering how much I paid for this laptop, I feel it's only right that I should...
  5. How do I fix my laptop keyboard

How do I fix my laptop keyboard: I need help with my ALIENWARE X17 R1. My keyboard has not been working for quite some time. I haven't said much because I've been using a Bluetooth keyboard, but it can be inconvenient at times. Considering how much I paid for this laptop, I feel it's only right that I should...
  6. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bsod when doing certain actions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bsod when doing certain actions: since thursday last thursday of august my pc started getting bsods with the stop code MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, happening only on things like switching servers on discord while having a game open, opening it CS:GO, and joining a server in csgo, or closing csgo. i have tried windows...
  7. My Keyboard acknowledges I'm pressing Certain Keys But Won't Do anything with it?

My Keyboard acknowledges I'm pressing Certain Keys But Won't Do anything with it?: Recently I restarted my laptop and I was stumped on why the CTRL , FN , ALT , Menu Key and Window's key wasn't working.I tried doing everything Online from this website but none of it won't work.My Keyboard understand there is an Button but won't do anything with it? I tried...
  8. My Keyboard acknowledges I'm pressing Certain Keys But Won't Do anything with it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Keyboard acknowledges I'm pressing Certain Keys But Won't Do anything with it?: Recently I restarted my laptop and I was stumped on why the CTRL , FN , ALT , Menu Key and Window's key wasn't working.I tried doing everything Online from this website but none of it won't work.My Keyboard understand there is an Button but won't do anything with it? I tried...
  9. My Keyboard acknowledges I'm pressing Certain Keys But Won't Do anything with it?

10. Keyboard makes other characters when typing pressing certain keys

Keyboard makes other characters when typing pressing certain keys: i recently bought a new keyboard but now it is makin-g a - signevery time i press these keys zxcvbnm,.- what do i do there has been- -no water damage or anything else since i got it is it hardware or software issue please help :...