Windows 10: How do I fix a stuck install?

Discus and support How do I fix a stuck install? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I’ve had to factory reset my go laptop recently due to it running extremely slow and having issues loading anything. It’s been 3 months since having to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WestL, Sep 14, 2023.

1. WestL Win User

How do I fix a stuck install?

I’ve had to factory reset my go laptop recently due to it running extremely slow and having issues loading anything. It’s been 3 months since having to do the wipe but it’s still stuck at 88% of the windows install. What should I do from here since I’ve tried everything I can think of?

:)

WestL, Sep 14, 2023
  2. qubit Win User

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Sep 14, 2023
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 14, 2023
  4. How do I fix a stuck install?

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 14, 2023
Thema:

How do I fix a stuck install?

1. How do I fix a stuck install? - Similar Threads - fix stuck install

2. How do I fix an Install issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix an Install issue: Hi.I recently switched to Windows 11 64bit and have had the usual teething troubles, but I am getting there. There is one program that I can't seem to install. Every time I try to install it I get the message in the attached file. I am a fairly experienced user and this app...
  3. My trackpad is stuck! How do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My trackpad is stuck! How do i fix it?: So, My trackpad is stuck and when i click it doesnt make a click sound and just stays. it is like trying to punch a brick wall; you just cant! unless you are hulk and doing ANYTHING ELSE with my trackpad works for some reason! scrolling, tapping, etc, can you please show me...
  4. My trackpad is stuck! How do i fix it?

My trackpad is stuck! How do i fix it?: So, My trackpad is stuck and when i click it doesnt make a click sound and just stays. it is like trying to punch a brick wall; you just cant! unless you are hulk and doing ANYTHING ELSE with my trackpad works for some reason! scrolling, tapping, etc, can you please show me...
  5. Windows 11 stuck on install how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck on install how do i fix it?: I’ve been trying to Install windows 11 but after I went through all of the steps and after it finished downloading the files, it popped up with a message that my PC would restart. after the restart it wanted me to start the installation again and after rebooting my pc and...
  6. Windows 11 stuck on install how do i fix it?

Windows 11 stuck on install how do i fix it?: I’ve been trying to Install windows 11 but after I went through all of the steps and after it finished downloading the files, it popped up with a message that my PC would restart. after the restart it wanted me to start the installation again and after rebooting my pc and...
  7. How do I fix a stuck install?

How do I fix a stuck install?: I’ve had to factory reset my go laptop recently due to it running extremely slow and having issues loading anything. It’s been 3 months since having to do the wipe but it’s still stuck at 88% of the windows install. What should I do from here since I’ve tried everything I can...
  8. How do I fix a stuck install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I fix a stuck install?: I’ve had to factory reset my go laptop recently due to it running extremely slow and having issues loading anything. It’s been 3 months since having to do the wipe but it’s still stuck at 88% of the windows install. What should I do from here since I’ve tried everything I can...
  9. How do I fix installing minecraft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix installing minecraft?: So I was going to play minecraft, but It said It has some problem and that I had to open microsoft store, so I did and tried to click reinstall but that didn't work. I looked up solutions and tried going into settings and click repair in apps and features, then reset and all...
  10. How do I fix installing minecraft?

How do I fix installing minecraft?: So I was going to play minecraft, but It said It has some problem and that I had to open microsoft store, so I did and tried to click reinstall but that didn't work. I looked up solutions and tried going into settings and click repair in apps and features, then reset and all...