Windows 10: How do I fix "A device which does not exist was specified." On ssd ?

Discus and support How do I fix "A device which does not exist was specified." On ssd ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So for the past 2 months or so I have a problem with my second ssd I use for storage of games or other files. The problem is that I always get the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gion.1, Jul 3, 2024 at 5:22 PM.

1. Gion.1 Win User

How do I fix "A device which does not exist was specified." On ssd ?

So for the past 2 months or so I have a problem with my second ssd I use for storage of games or other files. The problem is that I always get the same error mid way while downloading or extract larger files than 1 or 2 gb "A device which does not exist was specified". In task manager at the performance tab I saw the the usage skyrocketed to 100% and both write and read speeds drop down to 0 KB/s whenever the error popped up. The ssd continues to stay in that state until I restart my computer, and if I try to interact with the disk, my file explorer stops responding and ultimately crashes, for

:)

2. A device which does not exist was specified

I ran into this error - A device which does not exist was specified - while trying to access an SSD from Windows console (running a directory listing). I believe the sequence of events leading up to it was the SSD wasunplugged and replugged in after which I reran the listing from a console window already open on the drive.

The solution seemed to be to navigate to a different drive and back again (in console) and then the listing ran fine without throwing the error.

Problem solved (for me at least). But I wanted to ask this question so that others could discover a possible solution. I found only one other reference to this error (*) and the thread had been closed.

Thanks very much.

* correction: there are many references to this error - I only found a single result because I mistyped a plural: A devices which does not exist was specified

Julian Cook, Jul 3, 2024 at 5:30 PM
  3. CountMike Win User
    AMD Chipset Install Error: 1316, The Specified Account Already Exists

In Device manager, most of those from that list are signed as Microsoft drivers, probably for compatibility purposes, just like disk drive drivers.
    These are only ones from that list that I can find that is signed as AMD.

How do I fix "A device which does not exist was specified." On ssd ? 303435d1603653368t-amd-chipset-install-error-1316-specified-account-already-exists-image.png

4. How do I fix "A device which does not exist was specified." On ssd ?

Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified

I have the exact same issue with an SSD, it simply just doesn't want to initialise. Every time I try to initialise it with MBR selected and press OK, a pop up window appears called Virtual Disk Manager says "A device which does not exist was specified". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, checked the connection and the connection works with other SSD's but nothing works even though it does appear in BIOS and in disk management. Assuming its not a faulty drive, how would you fix this.

Thema:

How do I fix "A device which does not exist was specified." On ssd ?

1. How do I fix "A device which does not exist was specified." On ssd ? - Similar Threads - fix device does

2. How do I fix "A device which does not exist was specified." On ssd ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix "A device which does not exist was specified." On ssd ?: So for the past 2 months or so I have a problem with my second ssd I use for storage of games or other files. The problem is that I always get the same error mid way while downloading or extract larger files than 1 or 2 gb "A device which does not exist was specified". In...
  3. How do I fix "A device which does not exist was specified." On ssd ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix "A device which does not exist was specified." On ssd ?: So for the past 2 months or so I have a problem with my second ssd I use for storage of games or other files. The problem is that I always get the same error mid way while downloading or extract larger files than 1 or 2 gb "A device which does not exist was specified". In...
  4. A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A device which does not exist was specified: I ran into this error - A device which does not exist was specified - while trying to access an SSD from Windows console running a directory listing. I believe the sequence of events leading up to it was the SSD wasunplugged and replugged in after which I reran the listing...
  5. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  6. a device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  7. A device which does not exist was specified

A device which does not exist was specified: Please help me ,I don't know what to do with this error which appears when ever I want to open my USB flash . Actually I can't open my USB flash . Please help me . [ATTACH]...
  8. A device which does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A device which does not exist was specified.: Im installing windows 10 from a bootable USB and in the page where you choose a partition i went to the command prompt. In there i wanted to clean a disk but then it sais. DiskPart has encountered an error: An device which does not exist was specified. See the System Event...
  9. A device which does not exist was specified

A device which does not exist was specified: HI, Yester 15-4-2020 I download and install this version "2020-04 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 for x64-based system KB4549951". Today 16-04-2020 I received a pop-up window A device which does not exist was specified while trying to open E: or D: but C: is...
  10. A device which does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A device which does not exist was specified.: z[IMG] I tried installing Mojave Hackintosh on my Dell Inspiron PC and it got installed, after I tried restarting my laptop, it stuck on a boot loop. Then, I got upset and tried installing Ubuntu which then showed the error like "Kernel Panic". Then, I tried installing...