Windows 10: How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?

Discus and support How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Each time effeciency mode is active, it kills any tabls that I have open and there is no way to activate the tabs without closing and I lose a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MEP_2020, Mar 4, 2024.

1. MEP_2020 Win User

How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?

Each time effeciency mode is active, it kills any tabls that I have open and there is no way to activate the tabs without closing and I lose a lot of information. This is by far the worst feature of anything that Microsoft has come up with. If this feature cannot offer a user a way to disable like forever then I will need to move over to a Mac. I need a system that I can work with and obviously Efficiency Mode is not it.

:)

MEP_2020, Mar 4, 2024
  2. kevinTOC Win User

Cannot disable efficiency mode on Firefox.

I cannot disable efficiency mode for firefox.

How do I permanently disable this feature for Firefox? The option to do so is greyed out in the task manager. For other programs, efficiency mode can be enabled and disabled, but not for Firefox, which is also the only program to be in efficiency mode. I do not want my browser to run unnecessarily poorly.

kevinTOC, Mar 4, 2024
  3. How do I disable efficiency mode for good?

Hi Christopher Bernhardt,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Windows does not have a switch to toggle Efficiency Mode.

For browsers, the following link describes the policies and registry keys associated with efficiency mode.

[table][tr]Disclaimer: Generally, modifying registry subkeys or work group is intended for advanced users, administrators, and IT Professionals. It can help fix some problems, however, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For further protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click How to back up and restore the registry in Windows - Microsoft Support to view the article. [/tr][/table]

In some cases, the graphics driver may be one of the triggers for the problem.

Some community members use special commands to limit the efficiency mode of some programs (posted in October, information may be time-sensitive.).

System level feature iterations are influenced by customer feedback and rely on product team's investigation.

If it is convenient for you, you can submit your ideas and suggestions through the Feedback Hub, and the development team will regularly review submissions for ideas or fixes.

Please share the feedback link here after submitting as it will allow others on the forum to vote for your submission, including me. More votes will lead to more visibility and higher priority to the development team.

If I misunderstand your situation, feel free to correct me and share the information.

Best Regards,

| Microsoft Community Technical Support

Kyo - MSFT, Mar 4, 2024
  4. How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?

A way to permanently set efficiency mode for an app ?

i am using OneNote for Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 7. when i set efficiency mode for OneNote Win 10 or any other App, efficiency mode is turned off for the app when i close it and open it again. the same thing happens with the CPU affinity settings of apps in the task manager. Is this an intentional behavior ? is there any way to permanently set the cpu affinity or efficiency mode for apps in Windows 11 ?

Borben2134, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?

1. How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently? - Similar Threads - disable Efficiency Mode

2. How do i Disable efficiency mode for Discord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i Disable efficiency mode for Discord: Efficiency mode is killing Discord. I can play decently demanding games, yet i cant voice call properly. Windows says there is a subprocesses of Discord that is running efficiency mode. When I turn it off Discord runs fine, then it turns on automatically after a few seconds.I...
  3. How do i Disable efficiency mode for Discord

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i Disable efficiency mode for Discord: Efficiency mode is killing Discord. I can play decently demanding games, yet i cant voice call properly. Windows says there is a subprocesses of Discord that is running efficiency mode. When I turn it off Discord runs fine, then it turns on automatically after a few seconds.I...
  4. How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?: Each time effeciency mode is active, it kills any tabls that I have open and there is no way to activate the tabs without closing and I lose a lot of information. This is by far the worst feature of anything that Microsoft has come up with. If this feature cannot offer a user...
  5. How do I disable efficiency mode for good?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable efficiency mode for good?: Efficiency mode is DESTROYING browsing. I can play RDR2 fine, Warthunder, GTA V, but I can't watch a video. Windows says there are subprocesses of Chrome that are running efficiency mode. When I turn them off the videos run fine, then they turn on automatically after a few...
  6. How do I disable efficiency mode for good?

How do I disable efficiency mode for good?: Efficiency mode is DESTROYING browsing. I can play RDR2 fine, Warthunder, GTA V, but I can't watch a video. Windows says there are subprocesses of Chrome that are running efficiency mode. When I turn them off the videos run fine, then they turn on automatically after a few...
  7. How to disable efficiency mode permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable efficiency mode permanently?: Over the past few days, I have been experiencing issues with both Chrome and Edge. They automatically stop working, leaving me unable to perform any tasks on these browsers. This problem often occurs when I am working on something important, causing a great deal of...
  8. How to disable efficiency mode permanently?

How to disable efficiency mode permanently?: Over the past few days, I have been experiencing issues with both Chrome and Edge. They automatically stop working, leaving me unable to perform any tasks on these browsers. This problem often occurs when I am working on something important, causing a great deal of...
  9. How to permanently disable Windows 11 "efficiency mode"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Windows 11 "efficiency mode"?: New system"Efficiency Mode" to OFFSettings to maximize performance.Opened Edge with 9 tabs, used for 15 minutes every tab19 tabs and processes in "Efficiency Mode"Types question30 tabs and processes in "Efficiency Mode"Windows STOPPEDUnable to change tabs or programs The anti...
  10. How to permanently disable Windows 11 "efficiency mode"?

How to permanently disable Windows 11 "efficiency mode"?: New system"Efficiency Mode" to OFFSettings to maximize performance.Opened Edge with 9 tabs, used for 15 minutes every tab19 tabs and processes in "Efficiency Mode"Types question30 tabs and processes in "Efficiency Mode"Windows STOPPEDUnable to change tabs or programs The anti...