Windows 10: How do I disable apps like discord from automatically going onto efficiency mode?

Discus and support How do I disable apps like discord from automatically going onto efficiency mode? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every single time i turn something off of efficiency mode, it just automatically turns itself back on, is there a way to permanently disable efficiency... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lucas Huang1, Jul 4, 2024 at 9:12 AM.

1. How do I disable apps like discord from automatically going onto efficiency mode?

Every single time i turn something off of efficiency mode, it just automatically turns itself back on, is there a way to permanently disable efficiency mode for specific apps and processes?

:)

Lucas Huang1, Jul 4, 2024 at 9:12 AM
  2. Gyula H Win User

How do i Disable efficiency mode for Discord

Hi there, I can see you having issues with Discord Efficiency mode let me help you get trough the steps to disable it.

To disable efficiency mode for Discord, you can try the following steps to ensure it doesn't automatically re-enable:

Disable Efficiency Mode for Discord

Open Task Manager:

Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager, or press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.

Find Discord Processes:

In the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab.

Locate the Discord process and its subprocesses.

Disable Efficiency Mode:

Right-click on each Discord process and subprocess.

Select Efficiency mode to toggle it off. If it's already off, it will be greyed out.

Adjust Power Settings

Open Power & Sleep Settings:

Press Windows + I to open Settings.

Go to System > Power & sleep.

Additional Power Settings:

On the right side, click Additional power settings.

Change Plan Settings:

Select your active power plan and click Change plan settings.

Click Change advanced power settings.

Processor Power Management:

In the Advanced settings window, expand Processor power management.

Expand Minimum processor state and set it to 100% for both On battery and Plugged in.

Check Windows Efficiency Mode Settings

Open Settings:

Press Windows + I to open Settings.

Go to System:

Select System.

Battery & Power:

Go to Power & battery.

Battery Saver:

Ensure Battery saver is turned off if you're using a laptop.

Make sure that the option for Turn battery saver on automatically at is set to Never.

Additional Steps

Disable Efficiency Mode via Registry Editor:

Press Windows + R, type regedit, and press Enter.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerThrottling.

Create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value named PowerThrottlingOff and set its value to 1.

Use Group Policy Editor (Windows Pro/Education/Enterprise):

Press Windows + R, type gpedit.msc, and press Enter.

Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Power Management > Power Throttling Settings.

Double-click on Turn off Power Throttling and set it to Enabled.

Check for Windows Updates

Ensure your system is fully updated:

Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

Check for updates and install any pending updates.

By following these steps, you should be able to disable efficiency mode for Discord and ensure it does not interfere with your voice calls or other activities. Let me know if you need any further assistance!

3. Otlilee Win User
    How do i Disable efficiency mode for Discord

Efficiency mode is killing Discord. I can play decently demanding games, yet i cant voice call properly. Windows says there is a subprocesses of Discord that is running efficiency mode. When I turn it off Discord runs fine, then it turns on automatically after a few seconds.

I have:

There are no settings to turn off efficiency mode system wide and I don't want it. I have the "Ask me before turning on efficiency mode" option selected but I never got a dialog or asked.

How do I turn this off? It is incredibly frustrating.

4. How do I disable apps like discord from automatically going onto efficiency mode?

Automatically activates efficiency mode

I got a new PC like 3 months ago, it has Windows 11 and I disabled efficiency mode on apps that I often use and it's been working absolutely wonderful the whole time but it's been messing with me today, everytime I minimize the apps, they go in efficiency mode and I need it to be disabled for notifications or when I'm in a call because it automatically leaves the call if it's in efficiency mode but no matter how many times I turn it off, it turns back on when minimized on every single app. I don't know what to do, I have Googled for about 2 hours and nobody seem to have the same problem.

Thema:

How do I disable apps like discord from automatically going onto efficiency mode?

1. How do I disable apps like discord from automatically going onto efficiency mode? - Similar Threads - disable apps discord

2. How do I disable apps like discord from automatically going onto efficiency mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable apps like discord from automatically going onto efficiency mode?: Every single time i turn something off of efficiency mode, it just automatically turns itself back on, is there a way to permanently disable efficiency mode for specific apps and processes?...
  3. How do i Disable efficiency mode for Discord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i Disable efficiency mode for Discord: Efficiency mode is killing Discord. I can play decently demanding games, yet i cant voice call properly. Windows says there is a subprocesses of Discord that is running efficiency mode. When I turn it off Discord runs fine, then it turns on automatically after a few seconds.I...
  4. How do i Disable efficiency mode for Discord

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i Disable efficiency mode for Discord: Efficiency mode is killing Discord. I can play decently demanding games, yet i cant voice call properly. Windows says there is a subprocesses of Discord that is running efficiency mode. When I turn it off Discord runs fine, then it turns on automatically after a few seconds.I...
  5. How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?: Each time effeciency mode is active, it kills any tabls that I have open and there is no way to activate the tabs without closing and I lose a lot of information. This is by far the worst feature of anything that Microsoft has come up with. If this feature cannot offer a user...
  6. How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?

How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?: Each time effeciency mode is active, it kills any tabls that I have open and there is no way to activate the tabs without closing and I lose a lot of information. This is by far the worst feature of anything that Microsoft has come up with. If this feature cannot offer a user...
  7. How do I disable efficiency mode for good?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable efficiency mode for good?: Efficiency mode is DESTROYING browsing. I can play RDR2 fine, Warthunder, GTA V, but I can't watch a video. Windows says there are subprocesses of Chrome that are running efficiency mode. When I turn them off the videos run fine, then they turn on automatically after a few...
  8. How do I disable efficiency mode for good?

How do I disable efficiency mode for good?: Efficiency mode is DESTROYING browsing. I can play RDR2 fine, Warthunder, GTA V, but I can't watch a video. Windows says there are subprocesses of Chrome that are running efficiency mode. When I turn them off the videos run fine, then they turn on automatically after a few...
  9. How to disable efficiency mode in task manager? Windows efficiency mode is making apps like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable efficiency mode in task manager? Windows efficiency mode is making apps like...: Since yesterday 28 March Google chrome is unusable. Task manager on my windows desktop says that efficiency mode is active for several but not all sub-processes of google chrome and I believe that is the reason for the drop in performance.I am able to disable efficiency mode...
  10. How to disable efficiency mode in task manager? Windows efficiency mode is making apps like...

How to disable efficiency mode in task manager? Windows efficiency mode is making apps like...: Since yesterday 28 March Google chrome is unusable. Task manager on my windows desktop says that efficiency mode is active for several but not all sub-processes of google chrome and I believe that is the reason for the drop in performance.I am able to disable efficiency mode...