Windows 10: How do I customize the toolbar for a FOLDER?

Discus and support How do I customize the toolbar for a FOLDER? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Up until five months ago, when my computer was updated by my office IT guy, I used to have the "copy path" tool/function pinned to my "Quick Access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cathryn Harris, Sep 30, 2024 at 3:22 PM.

1. How do I customize the toolbar for a FOLDER?

Up until five months ago, when my computer was updated by my office IT guy, I used to have the "copy path" tool/function pinned to my "Quick Access Toolbar" at the top of EVERY FOLDER on my computer, for over 2 years.I am referring to my regular folders on my computer where files are saved on my computer. I am not referring to folders in Outlook, and I am NOT asking how to customize the toolbar in Excel, or Word, or any program like that which is all I've been able to find help for when searching the web. I just need help with customizing the tool ribbon for my regular folders on my computer

:)

Cathryn Harris, Sep 30, 2024 at 3:22 PM
  2. colparis Win User

Modification date of link files (lnk) is updated when clicked, and if they are in a toolbar

I'm on Windows 10, and I customized a toolbar in my taskbar, with links to programs (Notepad, Paint, Calc, ...). The steps I followed are:

• Create a folder MyToolbar
    • In this folder, add the shortcuts to notepad.exe (notepad.lnk) and mspaint.exe (mspaint.lnk)
    • Right click on the taskbar, chose Toolbar, then New Toolbar
    • Chose the folder MyToolbar
    • A new toolbar is created in the taskbar
    Every time I click on one of these icons to launch a program, for example Notepad, the modification date of notepad.lnk in the folder MyToolbar is updated.

This is annoying: because of this behavior, the synchronization program I use updates this file each time I click on it.

Can you reproduce this bug? Any solution?

3. Ian Ser Win User
    Custom toolbars

Hello Ilia,

To clarify the concern, were you referring to the >> button on the right side of the folder name of your toolbar? Also, may we also know what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your update.

4. How do I customize the toolbar for a FOLDER?

Too small icon in custom toolbar windows 10

With the concern you raised, Custom toolbar icons appeared to be smaller than the default toolbar icons. We suggest that you provide comments and suggestions in the

Feedback Hub

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 30, 2024 at 3:34 PM
Thema:

How do I customize the toolbar for a FOLDER?

1. How do I customize the toolbar for a FOLDER? - Similar Threads - customize toolbar FOLDER

2. How do I customize the toolbar for a FOLDER?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I customize the toolbar for a FOLDER?: Up until five months ago, when my computer was updated by my office IT guy, I used to have the "copy path" tool/function pinned to my "Quick Access Toolbar" at the top of EVERY FOLDER on my computer, for over 2 years.I am referring to my regular folders on my computer where...
  3. How do I hide this "toolbar" in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I hide this "toolbar" in Explorer?: I mean the copy/paste icons and so on. I really don't need that toolbar at all since I just use keyboard shortcuts anyway, and it doesn't go well with the theme I've chosen. How do I disable it?...
  4. Photos Toolbar Customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Toolbar Customization: Is there a way to edit the toolbar in the photos app? I was wanting to make a shortcut to the save option. Currently, it is only in the dropdown list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-toolbar-customization/09fba3e6-31ff-4d47-a8c4-feaa6ee03d60
  5. How to customize the Toolbar in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to customize the Toolbar in Microsoft Edge: The new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser is gaining popularity among internet surfers. it is compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac operating systems. The enhanced features, speedy performance, have made it best compatible with websites & extensions. Also, it provides...
  6. How do I view the Google Toolbar?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I view the Google Toolbar?: I have a Win10 ver 6.1 build 7601, service pack 1 and using Google ver 86.0 4240.198 I have added Roboform to keep track of passwords. The Roboform icon appears in the Notification area (bottom right) but according to Roboform I also need to further enable the the Google...
  7. Custom Toolbar Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Toolbar Scaling: Hi, I run my windows 10 laptop on external monitor using 1920x1080 with 150% scaling. I have added quick launch toolbar to the taskbar. when I disconnect the external monitor, and use my build-in monitor 1366x768 with 100%, all icons on taskbar scale correctly except...
  8. How do I remove toolbars?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I remove toolbars?: How do I remove toolbars on Windows 10? Told to so in relation to removing/deleting 'Driver Support' pop ups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-toolbars/774e7f91-4896-43fd-99b6-bb23496a7a89"
  9. How Do I Remove The "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" Arrow?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Remove The "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" Arrow?: Refer to the image [img] Thanks! 61049
  10. Desktop custom toolbar issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop custom toolbar issues: Most times when I launch my computer, I get this "blank/delay" effect the first time I select one of the desktop toolbar dropdown menus. It can take 10+ seconds to load the menu The red line represents approximately where the right border of the menu would be Attachment...