Windows 10: How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?

Discus and support How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have downloaded an app and it is pinned to my taskbar. I can also see it in my “apps & features” , but how do I create a shortcut to it on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John Moran29, Jan 4, 2024.

1. How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?

I have downloaded an app and it is pinned to my taskbar. I can also see it in my “apps & features” , but how do I create a shortcut to it on my desktop?I know it can be done because I already have shortcuts on my desktop to other apps - I just can’t figure out how to do it !Please help

:)

John Moran29, Jan 4, 2024

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 4, 2024
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 4, 2024
  4. How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 4, 2024
Thema:

How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?

1. How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ? - Similar Threads - create desktop shortcut

2. How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?: I have downloaded an app and it is pinned to my taskbar. I can also see it in my “apps & features” , but how do I create a shortcut to it on my desktop?I know it can be done because I already have shortcuts on my desktop to other apps - I just can’t figure out how to do it...
  3. How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I create a desktop shortcut for a downloaded app ?: I have downloaded an app and it is pinned to my taskbar. I can also see it in my “apps & features” , but how do I create a shortcut to it on my desktop?I know it can be done because I already have shortcuts on my desktop to other apps - I just can’t figure out how to do it...
  4. How do I create a desktop shortcut for File History?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create a desktop shortcut for File History?: I am having a problem creating a desktop shortcut for File History in windows 11. When I right click the desktop, and click on NEW followed by SHORTCUT, I get a message box asking me to type the location of the item. Do any of you know the LOCATION of File History? * Moved...
  5. How do I create a desktop shortcut for File History?

How do I create a desktop shortcut for File History?: I am having a problem creating a desktop shortcut for File History in windows 11. When I right click the desktop, and click on NEW followed by SHORTCUT, I get a message box asking me to type the location of the item. Do any of you know the LOCATION of File History? * Moved...
  6. Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder

Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder: Hi GangI'm using Windows 10 Pro and I'm familiar with how to create Desktop Shortcuts simply by using: 'Type Here To Search' and the options appear automatically to do so. However for some reason, the only option I get for a Desktop Shortcut For The Download Folder, is the...
  7. Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder: Hi GangI'm using Windows 10 Pro and I'm familiar with how to create Desktop Shortcuts simply by using: 'Type Here To Search' and the options appear automatically to do so. However for some reason, the only option I get for a Desktop Shortcut For The Download Folder, is the...
  8. Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. how do i create a desktop shortcut for an app in windows 10?

how do i create a desktop shortcut for an app in windows 10?: I just installed "Best Calculator" onto my PC from the MS store, but I can't figure out how to put a shortcut on my desktop. The response to this question posted in 2015 is to drag the icon from the Start page to the Desktop, but I don't think there's any way to display...
  10. How do I create a camera app shortcut on the desktop?

How do I create a camera app shortcut on the desktop?: Instead of pinning the camera app to the taskbar, I'd like it to be a desktop shortcut, but there is no right-click option for that, and I can't find where the camera app folder is located in Windows 10. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks! 44664