Windows 10: how do i control a runaway mouse?

Discus and support how do i control a runaway mouse? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how do i control a runaway mouse?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Karen Corey, Sep 22, 2024 at 5:22 PM.

1. how do i control a runaway mouse?

how do i control a runaway mouse?

:)

2. Runaway memory usage

CPU usage graph is still nasty:
    how do i control a runaway mouse? 299230d1601212529t-runaway-memory-usage-cpu2.jpg

And the process list still shows AVGSvc at 13%, and explorer at 13%.

3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Sep 22, 2024 at 5:28 PM
  4. how do i control a runaway mouse?

Windows Update - Lost Mouse Control

Option 1 - General troubleshooting steps

1. Try a different USB port

2. In case of wireless mouse, pair it again with the computer

3. In case of wireless mouse, check if batteries are not weak.

Option 2 - Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Type Control in Windows Start Search box

Click Control Panel

Click Troubleshooting > View all

Select Hardware and Device

Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter

Option 3: Update mouse driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start)

Click Device Manager

Expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices

Right click on the mouse listed there (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Update Driver Software

Click Browse my computer for driver software

Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Choose the driver

Click Next to update

If this does not work, select Search automatically for the updated driver in place of Browse my computer for driver software

Restart your computer

Option 4: Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the Mouse's manufacturer or computer's manufacturer

See if some driver is released for your model and OS

If yes, download that

In Option 2, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall

Install the downloaded driver

Restart your computer

Option 5: Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start)

Click Device Manager

Expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices

Right click on the mouse listed there

Click Properties

Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

Andre Da Costa, Sep 22, 2024 at 5:28 PM
Thema:

how do i control a runaway mouse?

1. how do i control a runaway mouse? - Similar Threads - control runaway mouse

2. how do i control a runaway mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i control a runaway mouse?: how do i control a runaway mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-control-a-runaway-mouse/f15ad8d2-0aa5-495a-89c5-2b9f6cedc202
  3. My controller is doing mouse inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My controller is doing mouse inputs: So my xbox controller is doing mouse inputs like right clicking and scrolling.This started after I played halo master chief collection and idk how to fix it...
  4. My controller is doing mouse inputs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My controller is doing mouse inputs: So my xbox controller is doing mouse inputs like right clicking and scrolling.This started after I played halo master chief collection and idk how to fix it...
  5. Temp File Runaway Creation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp File Runaway Creation: Having an issue locating the creator of temporary files. Every few days I have to manually delete temporary files as they grow to a large size and completely fill the hard drive. Ive a link to images of the temp file names, and a screenshot of the contents. Any help on...
  6. Runaway ++++ signs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Runaway ++++ signs: A couple of months ago I bought a new HP desktop. I thought everything would be good with my new one as my 4 year old HP desktop was beginning to develop a few glitches.The major one was that after I had been logged in for awhile, I would suddenly get +++++ plus signs which...
  7. Runaway memory usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Runaway memory usage: My Dell desktop just started acting wonky. The fan speeds up and slows down frequently. I thought that might be caused by overgrown dust on the CPU heat sink. But no. It's quite clean. I looked at task manager (I prefer the old Win 7 version) and it shows runaway memory...
  8. Runaway Icons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Runaway Icons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: Come on, MS, this has been going on for quite awhile. Can you not find a solution? Icons suddenly decide to scramble on desktop. I have tried "Desktop Restore", but that rarely works. Take time out of my day to move icons one at a time. AAAAARRRRRREGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  9. runaway cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    runaway cursor: i can't seem stop my screen from scrolling down when i move my cursor. i am running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runaway-cursor/49901348-ffac-4c62-83ac-6b848d3f9a61
  10. RUNAWAY CURSOR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RUNAWAY CURSOR: I have Windows 10 version 1909. From even before MS tech centre in India updated the version to 1909, I have had a runaway cursor problem, for one year. Tackled by HP's higher level tech support and then by the higher level, L-2, of the MS tech centre in India. Operating...