Windows 10: How do i completely disable active hours?

Discus and support How do i completely disable active hours? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I dont want it. At all. I am tired of randomly waking up between 3am and 6am to turn off my laptop which turns into a jet engine because of random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by qwertz., Mar 1, 2023.

1. qwertz. Win User

How do i completely disable active hours?

I dont want it. At all. I am tired of randomly waking up between 3am and 6am to turn off my laptop which turns into a jet engine because of random updates i specifically clicked the "i dont want this" button for. I would close the lid, on battery btw, and expect it to go to sleep and yet there it was, getting louder by the second. I dont need this. i dont WANT this. i certainly DONT CARE about it or the updates. idc about the security risks, and i certainly do not care about "cool and new" features that keep getting crammed into such a bloated operating system which serve no function other tha

:)

qwertz., Mar 1, 2023

2. Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Mar 1, 2023
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How do i completely disable active hours? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 1, 2023
  4. How do i completely disable active hours?

Installing Updates and Restarting During my Active Hours?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the inconvenience caused to you as the Active Hour feature is not working as it should be.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that fix the issue.

Configuring active hours with Group Policy.

Please refer the section for Configure active hours
    and make the changes accordingly. If the PC installed with Windows 10 Pro then follow the steps under
    Configuring active hours with Group Policy and if it is
    Windows 10 Home then follow steps under Configuring active hours through Registry
    from this article: Manage device restarts after updates.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Please let us know the status of the issue,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 1, 2023
Thema:

How do i completely disable active hours?

1. How do i completely disable active hours? - Similar Threads - completely disable active

2. How do I completely disable automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I completely disable automatic updates?: Hey, it's me again. No issues this time. This is more of an inquiry. How can I disable automatic updates for good? I have them paused right now because of that faulty security update, and I would like to permanently halt automatic updates. I don't trust them anymore and they...
  3. How do I completely disable automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I completely disable automatic updates?: Hey, it's me again. No issues this time. This is more of an inquiry. How can I disable automatic updates for good? I have them paused right now because of that faulty security update, and I would like to permanently halt automatic updates. I don't trust them anymore and they...
  4. How do I completely disable automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do i completely disable active hours?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i completely disable active hours?: I dont want it. At all. I am tired of randomly waking up between 3am and 6am to turn off my laptop which turns into a jet engine because of random updates i specifically clicked the "i dont want this" button for. I would close the lid, on battery btw, and expect it to go to...
  6. How do I disable windows update from running at all during active hours?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable windows update from running at all during active hours?: My windows 11 system becomes completely unusable whenever updates run. For clarity: I am not talking about rebooting. I do not want update to search for updates, download, or install during active hours. I leave my computer on overnight, every night with sleep and hibernation...
  7. How do i disable the function keys completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i disable the function keys completely: i want to disable function keys, i tried every combination of FN and nothing works, can i just disable function keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys-completely/1aa408b7-2e5c-425a-bdce-3d8a8bfd6c13
  8. How do i disable the function keys completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i disable the function keys completely: i want to disable function keys, i tried every combination of FN and nothing works, can i just disable function keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys-completely/1aa408b7-2e5c-425a-bdce-3d8a8bfd6c13
  9. How do I completely disable adaptive hibernate?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I completely disable adaptive hibernate?: I have tried many things suggested in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfbook-surfperf/how-to-disable-adaptive-hibernation/f8ac61bd-1ea5-442e-8080-af9c2842f71f, but my surface pro X does not have the option that I am supposed to disable. How do I fully and...
  10. How do I disable outside-active-hours restarting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I disable outside-active-hours restarting?: I hate this "feature" of Windows deciding to restart my computer without my permission, just because it feels like it. Not only do I run a web server on my PC, but I also have many open documents at times, plenty of which I don't save. That doesn't mean I don't need the...