Windows 10: How do I check to see if my downloads files got backed up to the OneDrive cloud?

Discus and support How do I check to see if my downloads files got backed up to the OneDrive cloud? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently sent my laptop in for repairs and made a backup using the OneDrive cloud. I thought Microsoft was just going to replace some parts, but they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AL_512, Jun 27, 2024.

1. AL_512 Win User

How do I check to see if my downloads files got backed up to the OneDrive cloud?

I recently sent my laptop in for repairs and made a backup using the OneDrive cloud. I thought Microsoft was just going to replace some parts, but they apparently performed an OS reinstall, which as far as I know, is essentially the same as a factory reset. However, it did not seem to save the Downloads folder, but some files are appearing on OneDrive that I am sure were saved to my Downloads folder. Is there any way to check where these files were saved other than the milieu, or is there any way to recover those files? I'm a bit bummed as I had a lot of notes and save-states I left inside of

:)

AL_512, Jun 27, 2024
  2. dalchina Win User

OneDrive Get back Files onto Computer

I previously answered your question on that citing the illustrated tutorials. OOPS Clicked OneDrive Backup and Don't Want it. I am very sorry those are unsuitable for you. As Idgat says you need to tread carefully. Remember that even when you have finally uninstalled Onedrive- that's the last step of several- you will still have access to files in your online Onedrive account (access via your browser). I suggest the following: a. disable synching. Check data b. disable Onedrive integration. Check data c. When sure, completely uninstall Onedrive Check data There are, as you know, tutorials for each of those. You don't want to read those. I will assume either that you know how to do each of those steps, or that you can find out in a manner that suits you. Could I suggest you ask a friend who is more familiar with technical matters to help you?
    How do I check to see if my downloads files got backed up to the OneDrive cloud? 400236d1699514307t-onedrive-get-back-files-onto-computer-1.jpg
    I suggest you shouldn't expect people to repeat the instructions in the tutorials for you in detail. They are there so they are accurate and people don't have to spend time doing that. Good luck!

dalchina, Jun 27, 2024
  3. S.D.K Win User
    File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, Jun 27, 2024
  4. P4-630 Win User

How do I check to see if my downloads files got backed up to the OneDrive cloud?

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

How do I check to see if my downloads files got backed up to the OneDrive cloud? [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

P4-630, Jun 27, 2024
Thema:

1. How do I check to see if my downloads files got backed up to the OneDrive cloud? - Similar Threads - check downloads files

2. How do I check my cloud storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I check my cloud storage?: How do I make sure my backups are happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-check-my-cloud-storage/582d1fab-30ac-4121-ac07-0965c87c181a
  3. How do I check my cloud storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I check my cloud storage?: How do I make sure my backups are happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-check-my-cloud-storage/582d1fab-30ac-4121-ac07-0965c87c181a
  4. How do I check my cloud storage?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I check to see if my downloads files got backed up to the OneDrive cloud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I check to see if my downloads files got backed up to the OneDrive cloud?: I recently sent my laptop in for repairs and made a backup using the OneDrive cloud. I thought Microsoft was just going to replace some parts, but they apparently performed an OS reinstall, which as far as I know, is essentially the same as a factory reset. However, it did...
  6. how do i back up my windows 10 pc to the cloud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i back up my windows 10 pc to the cloud?: how do i back up my windows 10 pc to the cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-back-up-my-windows-10-pc-to-the-cloud/e95bb844-c8e3-4531-9833-63372495c6a1
  7. how do i back up my windows 10 pc to the cloud?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i back up my windows 10 pc to the cloud?: how do i back up my windows 10 pc to the cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-back-up-my-windows-10-pc-to-the-cloud/e95bb844-c8e3-4531-9833-63372495c6a1
  8. Backing up OneDrive 'from the cloud'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up OneDrive 'from the cloud': I'm trying to find a way that I can backup from OneDrive's web endpoints to another Cloud resource. Most of the resources I've been able to find, depend on having access to OneDrive installed on a local PC and backing up from there. My home computer of choice, doesn't have a...
  9. How do I check who is downloading my file on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I check who is downloading my file on OneDrive?: I want to share my onedrive folder to my friends by give them a url link to my folder so they can download anything inside the folder. If someone downloading file from my shared onedrive folder, Is the OneDrive username of the person downloading my file visible? For example...
  10. How do I save all files in OneDrive to the cloud

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I save all files in OneDrive to the cloud: All of my files in OneDrive are not shown as saved in the cloud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-save-all-files-in-onedrive-to-the-cloud/9dc9b45e-135e-404f-be43-353d4ef6b858